Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 21, 2013, 01:27:10 PM

He'd be best playing in a defense that goes from zone to man regularly...   not a man corner.

I like this young man.   Did Butch move on (can't remember now) -  wouldn't he have some insight into this guys upside, character?

I agree with DJ - 2nd/3rd round latest.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 21, 2013, 02:05:19 PM

Dude is slowwwwwwww. He will get used and abused like a hooker on Nebraska Ave. at CB. If anything, he would be drafted as our FS should Ronde retire.

Walterfootball.com has us taking him in the 3rd with Logan Ryan still on the board. Doubt that happens.

I would rather use our 3rd on CB Tyrann Mathieu or WR Da'Rick Rogers.
: February 21, 2013, 02:11:27 PM SWAGGANEER

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 21, 2013, 02:09:57 PM

He'd be best playing in a defense that goes from zone to man regularly...   not a man corner.

I like this young man.   Did Butch move on (can't remember now) -  wouldn't he have some insight into this guys upside, character?

I agree with DJ - 2nd/3rd round latest.

Amerson played for NC state. davis coached at UNC. amerson is probably a 3rd rounder but someone will take a chance in the 2nd. hes a waste at corner but would probably be a good free safety

if we take a safety i want it to be swearinger or thomas

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 21, 2013, 02:21:47 PM

In the new NFL world where everyone in the secondary has to play multiple roles,  he sounds like a fit for us.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

McCoy93

Starter

#19 : February 21, 2013, 03:42:33 PM

He sort of fell off the map. Before the season started I thought Amerson was a top 10 pick/prospect; but then he looked bad in a couple of games. I think he would be better off as a safety than a corner

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 21, 2013, 05:28:00 PM

I know I started this thread, but in all honesty....know that I've watched every bit of game film I can fin don him.....I'm really not impressed. His play seems lazy and he seems really slow. I'm not sure I would want him in the 3rd anymore.

Draft Aaron Donald

spurzo

Second String

#21 : February 21, 2013, 06:08:23 PM

I'm in the same boat...  The draft is very deep at safety, so why risk a 3rd on a projection.  Philip Thomas would be dope, Swearinger is a beast, Jonathan Cyprien, too much talent out there to reach

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 21, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

LOL @ "watch film" ....as if jdouble has access to "film" on these guys . You are watching Youtube videos , jack wagon. Get serious , and stop pretending like you are a real scout.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 21, 2013, 07:25:50 PM

LOL @ "watch film" ....as if jdouble has access to "film" on these guys . You are watching Youtube videos , jack wagon. Get serious , and stop pretending like you are a real scout.
Youtube or not this kid is slow and will get abused as a CB. He's a FS in the NFL.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 21, 2013, 07:42:58 PM

Youtube or not this kid is slow and will get abused as a CB. He's a FS in the NFL.
I'm interested to see his times at the combine.

His athletic ability was great coming out of high school.
"He showed off his athleticism at the Shrine Bowl Combine at Burlington (N.C.) Williams High in May 2009. Checking in at 6-1 and 177 pounds, he clocked a 4.48-second 40-yard dash, recorded a 35.7-inch vertical jump and did 10 reps at 185 pounds on the bench press. The combination of high school production and impressive athleticism made him a top target for NC State."
http://ncstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1285665

So unless the 10 extra pounds and 2 inches has made him much much slower , you are most likely wrong . His speed is probably still adequate. Richard Sherman , who is about the same size as Amerson, ran a 4.54 at the nfl combine and he is considered by many to be the best corner in the league right now.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#25 : February 21, 2013, 07:48:32 PM

So unless the 10 extra pounds and 2 inches has made him much much slower , you are most likely wrong . His speed is probably still adequate. Richard Sherman , who is about the same size as Amerson, ran a 4.54 at the nfl combine and he is considered by many to be the best corner in the league right now.
Myron Lewis is in that conversation as well.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 21, 2013, 07:53:07 PM

Myron Lewis is in that conversation as well.

Myron Lewis does not suck because he is too slow. He sucks because he sucks.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 21, 2013, 08:05:11 PM

Apparently game footage isn't "film" if it's on youtube.....it has to be on a reel and watched on an old timey projector.

He is definitely too slow to be a CB. You can see that from watching game footage.....whether you call it youtube or film, it's pretty easy to see. Doesn't matter what his 40 time is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJK9Gl8bqFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299BiGExn5M
: February 21, 2013, 08:09:14 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 21, 2013, 08:25:22 PM

40 time is totally irrelevant , but the two chopped up games you can find on youtube  , (which don't even show you the field from the proper film watching angle , or focus on the player in question throughout the play ) , tells the whole story.

Jdouble : Fantasy Scout Extraodinaire ! Don't disturb him....he's watching "film".  LOL

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 21, 2013, 09:37:22 PM

(which don't even show you the field from the proper film watching angle , or focus on the player in question throughout the play ) , tells the whole story.

Do you have some foolish notion that coach film has a separate game tape focused on each player? If it was zoomed in on one guy you couldn't tell wtf was going on anyways. You have to actually locate the player you are interested in and watch him. I know it's hard for you to do if the guy isn't circled for you, but with practice you can grasp it I'm sure. Maybe.

And how do you know what a "proper camera angle for scouting" is? Are you some sort of Fantasy Scout Extraodinaire?!?! Lol. Get of my sack clown.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools