Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : February 26, 2013, 04:06:13 PM

So you're saying definitely a FS....not a CB. I can agree there.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#61 : February 26, 2013, 04:08:30 PM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#62 : February 26, 2013, 04:28:06 PM

Where ever the team feels he best fits. I think he is versatile enough to play FS and also slide into M2M coverage in several 3rd down/passing situations. I think he would be a perfect fit for what we asked of Ronde last year. Have him on the field al the time and slid him around when A. Black hits the field. Then if he shows the staff that he can be a #2 CB and do all things on the outside. Get it. Either way, if drafted, he would contribute right away...would be part of the "best 11"...and would help get our takeaway numbers up.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#63 : February 26, 2013, 04:42:22 PM

DJ, you don't think he trained for that 40? Dude plays slow.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#64 : February 26, 2013, 04:49:58 PM

DJ, you don't think he trained for that 40? Dude plays slow.

I'm sure he did train , but you can only improve your speed slightly . You are either fast or you aren't  .  You can't fake a 4.3 , or else everyone would run one. 

Also , as I said , he ran a similiar time in high school so it shouldn't be all that surprising.

HolyBuc

Starter
#65 : February 26, 2013, 08:33:41 PM

FS would be interesting he makes plays on the ball when it's in front of him.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#66 : February 26, 2013, 08:40:52 PM

i dont trust him to cover anything. he got completely torched this year. scorched and blackened to a crisp. im having nightmares right now imagining him trying to cover jimmy graham

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#67 : February 26, 2013, 08:45:40 PM

Dex, that's not Amerson in your nightmares getting a nice crisp in the D-backfield...that's Mark Barron. Just let those memories go, man. He may be better next year. ;)

youngone

Hall of Famer
#68 : February 26, 2013, 11:16:38 PM

Dex, that's not Amerson in your nightmares getting a nice crisp in the D-backfield...that's Mark Barron. Just let those memories go, man. He may be better next year. ;)

Lol.. Barron is going to ball this year.

Mic

Starter

#69 : February 27, 2013, 12:07:37 AM

LOL @ "watch film" ....as if jdouble has access to "film" on these guys . You are watching Youtube videos , jack wagon. Get serious , and stop pretending like you are a real scout.
Youtube or not this kid is slow and will get abused as a CB. He's a FS in the NFL.

Apparently game footage isn't "film" if it's on youtube.....it has to be on a reel and watched on an old timey projector.

He is definitely too slow to be a CB. You can see that from watching game footage.....whether you call it youtube or film, it's pretty easy to see. Doesn't matter what his 40 time is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJK9Gl8bqFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299BiGExn5M

Just hopped in this thread didn't see much film on him other than the 2 JD provided.........

I wouldn't say those 2 pieces prove hes really slow at all on the 2 passes he got burned on

1. He bit on a double move/pump fake and didn't have enough recovery to catch back up to Patterson the best receiver in this draft

2. Miscommunication between him and the safeties as you can see he doesnt seem to eager to flip his hips and putting his hands in the air at the end of it. Most likely was expecting deep help so he could cover the underneath curl/dig/slant

So from what I gathered the big plays resulted from his instincts and football IQ making him look really slow cause of it

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#70 : February 27, 2013, 12:21:04 AM

Hope so.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#71 : February 27, 2013, 07:34:38 AM

He's making a weak attempt to troll me because I'm a Barron fan . 

But you are right , once we get a decent secondary around Barron he is going to be a monster. Can't wait !

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#72 : February 28, 2013, 07:58:20 AM

This is what it looks like when someone who isn't a poser , and actually knows how to watch film  (while having access to ACTUAL film and players ) , watches film on Amerson:

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#73 : February 28, 2013, 08:25:01 AM

Interesting highlights. I'm sure all CBs use similar thought processes, but seeing it detailed out like that makes him seem like a very smart player.

He looks fast in coverage, but he definitely looked slow during the return, LOL. Great interception.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#74 : February 28, 2013, 09:26:53 AM

That was 2011 when he was considered a top 10 prospect. I'd love to see these guys break down 2012 and explain why he got eaten up by average receivers so often.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools