Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#75 : February 28, 2013, 10:15:40 AM

Dude is a FS in the NFL (and a CB in a pinch.)

Ideal for our scheme and we need a good one.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#76 : February 28, 2013, 10:18:46 AM

Agreed Blind. Doesn't matter what position you prefer him. He can do both and we need both...versatility is value.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#77 : February 28, 2013, 10:19:15 AM

J-Dub.

Amerson drafted to be FS/CB hybrid in 2nd round vs. An Eric Reid selection in the 2nd

Go.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#78 : February 28, 2013, 01:01:44 PM

I don't know enough about Reid to have an opinion.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#79 : February 28, 2013, 01:23:22 PM

Amerson vs. any other FS after Vaccaro, then.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#80 : February 28, 2013, 01:34:42 PM

Amerson was horrible last year and got smoked by the deep ball. With that said, he has some of the best ball hawking skills in the entire class. He'd be a much better FS with the ability to read n react more than just running with guys and staying in their hip pocket. If he's there in round 2, I'd like to think he could be a steal for us. Amerson would make a stud FS in the NFL and we just make sure Barron stays in the box and cover the flats. Only problem with that theory though is that, he probably doesn't have ANY experience playing the position so he'd have to get adjusted. I want Swearinger if any FS.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#81 : February 28, 2013, 01:44:47 PM

He was a safety coming out of high school.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#82 : February 28, 2013, 01:47:48 PM

Amerson was horrible last year and got smoked by the deep ball. With that said, he has some of the best ball hawking skills in the entire class. He'd be a much better FS with the ability to read n react more than just running with guys and staying in their hip pocket. If he's there in round 2, I'd like to think he could be a steal for us. Amerson would make a stud FS in the NFL and we just make sure Barron stays in the box and cover the flats. Only problem with that theory though is that, he probably doesn't have ANY experience playing the position so he'd have to get adjusted. I want Swearinger if any FS.

If we didn't land Amerson, then I feel that both Swearinger and Phillip Thomas would be good options for the FS position.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#83 : February 28, 2013, 01:58:41 PM

He was a safety coming out of high school.
Even better. Sign me up

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#84 : February 28, 2013, 02:16:24 PM

Chace, there are a lot of guys I like for the second round....but none are safeties. I wouldn't mind trading back, if we can, to the end of the 1st round and gaining another 2nd round pick, because there are more guys projected for the late1st/2nd round that I like, than guys in the top of the 1st round. I think the meat of the draft will be in that pick 25-50 range. I just don't like any safeties enough to take one that early. If we wait a little later in the draft, I like Shamarko Thomas and Bacarri Rambo....but I think those are guys for the 4th round or later. Admittedly I haven't spent much time looking at safeties though, so there might be some really good ones that I just don't know about. Even so, I think Barber will return, and I'd like to see Ahmad Black get a shot at starting...so I still wouldn't take a safety that early.

Things have changed in today's NFL and there is more importance put on the safety position, but I'm still a believer that good safeties and running backs can be found in the middle of the draft. I'm just not a fan of taking safeties in the first two rounds in general.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#85 : February 28, 2013, 03:49:59 PM

He doesn't want to admit Amerson might be good after he got egg on his face saying Amerson is slow,  then Amerson goes out and rips a 4.38.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#86 : February 28, 2013, 04:29:54 PM

Lol,  look who's mad again. Face it,  you dont know how to watch film.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#87 : February 28, 2013, 04:32:17 PM

J-Dub.

Amerson drafted to be FS/CB hybrid in 2nd round vs. An Eric Reid selection in the 2nd

Go.
Didnt ask me, but I'd probably go Amerson. He probably has more potential than Reid does, and will probably be a pretty good cover safety.

I don't really like him as a CB, but he could fill in a pinch. So I'm warming

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#88 : February 28, 2013, 04:35:12 PM

You sure ? You seemed upset in that last post , lol. Are you willing to admit Amerson is not as slow as you claimed he was? 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#89 : February 28, 2013, 04:38:05 PM

Nice to see you man up and take me off ignore at least , so you can defend your points like a big boy instead of bury your head in the sand.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools