Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: January 29, 2013, 10:35:35 PM

After a lousy 2012 season, Amerson's stock has plummeted from a top 10 pick to a late 2nd or 3rd round prospect. When I watch him, I don't see good man coverage skills. He gets ate up when he lines up outside and tries to cover man. What I do see is a football smart ball hawk that can sit back and play zone and make plays. The kid is 6'2" 200lbs....any reason we couldn't make him our free safety? Thoughts?

2011 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4aTUvkrnDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNlpx5BjTeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEWSAQRLY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbcWTBYdMMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJK9Gl8bqFc

Breakdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWY2V6jqb5w

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 29, 2013, 11:04:57 PM

I think they roll with Ronde and Black one more season.  Then address safety next year.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 29, 2013, 11:13:52 PM

JDub - there has been a ton of speculation that his best position at the pro level will be Free Safety - he has the frame to add another 10-pounds and with his instincts and range moving forward could be a solid option in the third round as a converted corner to safety player similar to that of Tanard Jackson....

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 29, 2013, 11:17:25 PM

I like him. Here is the scenario that I would want Amerson.

First, Ronde would have to had announced his retirement. Second, we don't get a FA like Byrd. Third, needs at CB, TE, and a few depth positions are addressed in FA.

Now, in the draft, we use out 1st and 2nd rounders to get the best value for need/weak positions on the team....and if Amerson slips to around the 55 range...then we jump up and nab him.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

McCoy93

Starter

#4 : January 29, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

i don't know what the hell happened to Amerson. I can't believe he fell this much. First game of the year he got burned bad.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 29, 2013, 11:25:30 PM

I'd wager a decent amount of money that Ronde won't be back, so I think the Bucs need to address the position.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 29, 2013, 11:26:30 PM

JDub - there has been a ton of speculation that his best position at the pro level will be Free Safety - he has the frame to add another 10-pounds and with his instincts and range moving forward could be a solid option in the third round as a converted corner to safety player similar to that of Tanard Jackson....

I hadn't read that. And here I thought I had a novel idea!  :-[

Personally I don't think FS is a need. I think Barber comes back and I think Black looks pretty good. However, if he was to make it to the 3rd round as some sites are projecting, I think it might be a case of BPA and we'd be fools to pass him up. I don't like him as a cornerback prospect, but I think he might be the best safety in this draft. Needs to to bulk up just a bit and be a little more physical, but he is an extraordinary ball hawk, and he seems to have a high football IQ.

Draft Aaron Donald

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 29, 2013, 11:49:24 PM

I like Phillip Thomas at FS.....although I wouldnt be oppsed to Amerson, i just think Thomas is a "steal" in the later rounds.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 30, 2013, 12:27:50 AM

I would do it if he slipped to the 4th, but not 2nd or 3rd.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 30, 2013, 02:16:13 AM

If you look at his 2011 highlights all of his picks were terrible throws. He's not that good cover corner everyone think he is.

spurzo

Second String

#10 : January 30, 2013, 02:37:51 AM

He plays the ball in the air better than almost any defensive player that I've ever seen.  The question is can he actually break on a ball, that's where I question his speed.  If we traded back up for him around 55 I'd be happy with it.  I'd like to see what his movement skills are like at the combine. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 30, 2013, 07:27:50 AM

If you look at his 2011 highlights all of his picks were terrible throws. He's not that good cover corner everyone think he is.

Nobody thinks he is a good cover corner. That's why he isn't a top 5 prospect anymore, he is a 3rd round prospect and we are discussing him as an option at Free Safety.

Draft Aaron Donald

big_JLB

Starter

#12 : January 30, 2013, 02:24:38 PM

ronde's career totals stand at 28 sacks and 47 INTs, i think he's got one more year in him to get to 30/50. that being said if he does retire i really like d.j. swearinger from south carolina, he would bring a vocal presence to the defence. if #20 comes back i doubt safety gets addressed until next year

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 30, 2013, 03:55:02 PM

I think Ronde is done. This guy looks like a nice prospect. He lead the NCAA in interceptions so the talent is there.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 30, 2013, 04:42:57 PM

I have the Bucs drafting Amerson in my mock.

He will still go in the 2nd round , waaaaay too much talent . He also needs to stay at corner and develop there. Dude plays the ball like a WR.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools