Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#90 : February 28, 2013, 05:03:40 PM

Made a new sig pic for you sweety. Feel free to use it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#91 : February 28, 2013, 05:12:58 PM

Made a new sig pic for you sweety. Feel free to use it.

LOL that is actually awesome  ! I'm saving it to my hard drive as we speak.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#92 : March 04, 2013, 05:06:50 PM

From Scouts Inc, on players whos combine performance doesn't match film:

"NC State CB David Amerson: He entered the season with a high first-round grade after a junior season in which he intercepted 13 passes and 59 total tackles, but things went downhill quickly from there.

I was on hand to see him being beaten deep several times in the season opener against Tennessee, and it was more of the same in a disastrous game against Miami. Amerson is often late playing the ball on film, doesn't transition well in coverage and lacks recovery/closing speed on tape, and is often late when turning to locate and play the ball.

His combine performance would seem to suggest otherwise. Amerson (6-1, 205) went 4.44 in the 40, had a 35.5-inch vertical and posted a 10-5 broad jump. However, he doesn't translate those numbers to the field, and there are also questions about his mental toughness and ability to bounce back from mistakes.

The measurements and workout suggest a prototypical corner, but Amerson's overall evaluation shows a Day 3 prospect in my eyes."

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#93 : March 04, 2013, 05:32:40 PM

Scouts.inc must watch film on youtube.

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#94 : March 04, 2013, 05:33:30 PM

From Scouts Inc, on players whos combine performance doesn't match film:

"NC State CB David Amerson: He entered the season with a high first-round grade after a junior season in which he intercepted 13 passes and 59 total tackles, but things went downhill quickly from there.

I hear a lot of other fans are clamoring for him in the 2nd. The claims are his skills will translate very well to FS. A day-one starter.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#95 : March 05, 2013, 02:53:18 AM

I didn't read the whole thread, but he seems to be the forgotton man in the draft.  Something must be going on with him.  I haven't really seen him in too many mocks either.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#96 : March 06, 2013, 12:17:23 AM

I hear that many are wondering about how well Amerson will do as a FS, but this post from Evan Silva on Twitter makes me hesitant, even though Silva is relaying Mayock's take on Amerson as a CB:

Mike Mayock on #NCState CB David Amerson's 2012 tape: "Gave up more vertical touchdown passes than any corner I've ever seen in my life."

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#97 : March 06, 2013, 07:16:36 AM

And he is allergic to tackling. Something you can deal with if he's a great corner back, but not ok if he is a safety.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#98 : March 06, 2013, 07:32:17 AM

He did get beat a lot last season because what worked for him the year before , gambling to jump routes and guessing what QB's are doing my reading thier eyes , didn't work this season. It had nothing to do with physical ability. He will definitely have to learn to just play solid assignment football and take less risks at the next level. ... but that's why he's no longer a 1st round pick.

As for a supposed aversion to tackling that Jdouble talks about. That simply isn't true from the scouting reports I've read . His form can improve , but his physicality is fine.

"Scrappy tackler and will sometimes rely on collision tackling. "
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3386

"Run Support: Amerson has shown a willingness to come up and play the run. He will try and make the play and not shy away from contact."
http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-david-amerson/

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#99 : March 06, 2013, 07:46:10 AM

I think 2012 was an anomaly.  From what I've seen ...

What changed?  Logically-there has to be a reason.  'He sucks' doesn't hold water ...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#100 : March 06, 2013, 07:55:30 AM

I just told you ....he likes to gamble and make the big play and last season a lot of those gambles back-fired.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#101 : March 06, 2013, 08:19:31 AM

I find it strange that a coaching staff would permit a guy to rogue out like that week in and week out...

I'd bet there is more to this.

I like the guy...  he can be our FS or CB...  but not worth it until the 3rd.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#102 : March 06, 2013, 08:33:48 AM

Corners can gamble without going "rogue". Looking into the backfield and watching the qb's eyes instead of the man you are covering. Jumping the route you think your man is running instead of reacting to the one he does. Amerson made a living of doing that in 2011 , so I doubt his coaches would tell him to stop. If it doesnt work however you can be caught out of position and flat footed , that is why some thought he was " playing slow ". Make no,  mistake though,  he does have above average ability,  which is what makes him so intriquing.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Amerson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools