Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In order of need, what 5 positions need to be upgraded ASAP? (SIAP) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

: January 30, 2013, 12:29:59 AM

In my amateur opinion.....

1. LCB - kind of a no brainer. I like what some have suggested, in regards to going after Sean Smith. I also have.said that I like Sam Shields, too, who is a RFA. In the draft put me down as a Milliner, Banks, Trufant, and Rhodes fan, in that order.

2. NT - don't think Miller or anyone else on the roster is the guy we need next to McCoy. I don't know much about who might be available in FA. In the draft you can't ignore Richardson or Floyd. I like Floyd better. (Gator bias, sue me)

3. DE - I appreciate what Bennett has done for us and do believe he should be rewarded for it. I just don't see him as an Elite pass rushing guy. Again, don't know who might be available in FA. I'm a huge fan of Damontre Moore, and believe him to be in the similar mold as other quick twitch up and coming ELITE DEs.

4. RT - I like Fisher and Fluker but doubt we address this early enough to land one of them. I'm not a fan of fatta$$ Penn. But as has been discussed, I'd like a scenario where we land Fisher and eventually move him over to LT and Penn to RT.

5. TE - the ND and Stanford TE or bust. Lol Don't get me started on dummy Jordan Reed.

Depends somewhat if Bennett, Quincy, Wright, Ronde and Clark are Bucs for 2013. Really like to see Q and Easy E gone, FWIW.
: January 30, 2013, 12:59:34 AM bullg8rdaddy

The quest for .500 begins...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 30, 2013, 12:41:43 AM

If Milliner is gone, Floyd or Banks?

In Verner We Trust

big_JLB

Starter

#2 : January 30, 2013, 12:48:05 AM

CB
DT
DE
TE
OT
slot WR/FS

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 30, 2013, 12:51:51 AM

Trufant...or Rhodes.

tmac87

Starter
#4 : January 30, 2013, 12:53:18 AM

In my amateur opinion.....

1. LCB - kind of a no brainer. I like what some have suggested, in regards to going after Sean Smith. I also have.said that I like Sam Shields, too, who is a RFA. In the draft put me down as a Milliner, Banks and Rhodes fan, in that order.

2. NT - don't think Miller or anyone else on the roster is the guy we need next to McCoy. I don't know much about who might be available in FA. On the draft you can't ignore Richardson or Floyd. I like Floyd better. (Gator bias, sue me)

3. DE - I appreciate what Bennett has done for us and do believe he should be rewarded for it. I just don't see him as an Elite pass rushing guy. Again, don't know who might be available in FA. I'm a huge fan of Damontre Moore, and believe him to be in the similar mold as other quick twitch up and coming ELITE DEs.

4. RT - I like Fisher and Fluker but doubt we address this early enough to land one of them. I'm not a fan of fatta$$ Penn. But as has been discussed, I'd like a scenario where we land Fisher and eventually move him over to LT and Penn to RT.

5. TE - the ND and Stanford TE or bust. Lol Don't get me started on dummy Jordan Reed.

Depends somewhat if Bennett, Quincy, Wright, Ronde and Clark are Bucs for 2013. Really like to see Q and Easy E gone, FWIW.

I agree we need a better NT... kinda like what Detroit did with first Suh, then Fairley. Sheldon Richardson from Mizzou would be my choice @ 13. Q and Eric gone for $$ and play reasons. RT and TE are positions I think we need to upgrade too, just hoping for trades. It's bottom heavy so I'm looking for the first thing headed down if I'm Dom.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 30, 2013, 12:55:24 AM

I'm no draft guru/expert,  but I'd go with the big guy, because I've seen every game of his and he is a high motor, game changer. Great size. I doubt he lasts past the teens.  I think Rhodes or Banks can be had at the bottom of the first if we really wanted to trade up.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 30, 2013, 12:57:10 AM

Trufant...or Rhodes.

Good call, I keep forgetting about Trufant. I'd take Trufant before Rhodes.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 30, 2013, 12:57:36 AM

Yeah this is a weird draft. IMHO we need to either go up for a pass rusher or down to address CB more appropriately. Position doesn't match needs.

In Verner We Trust

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 30, 2013, 08:00:43 AM

1. CB...obvious reasons
2. FS...why fans continue to ignore this position is beyond me.
3. LB...Considering Quincy Black with either still he hurt or released. And he has not lived up to his contract
4. RB....considering Blount will be gone and not sure if Schiano will make M. Smith or Ware a legit # 2
5. TE....I like Stocker but Dallas will be gone and we could just depth.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 30, 2013, 08:24:16 AM

CB1
CB2
FS
Pass Rusher(s)
TE

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 30, 2013, 08:38:30 AM

I think we get at least 1 corner in FA, and maybe a decent RT.  Then we can just take BPA at #13 or trade out if we dont like it.  I have watched Rhodes a lot and dont see him being worth that pick.  Trade back, pick up another 2nd and see if we cant get him or Trufant in the 20s.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 30, 2013, 08:42:21 AM

Move #1 needs to be signing Brian Hartine.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 30, 2013, 08:47:10 AM

Move #1 needs to be signing Brian Hartine.

Why is this move #1 in your book?  I wouldnt want anything to do with him. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 30, 2013, 08:59:46 AM

CB - has to be on the #1 hit list. They are overwhelmed and very weak on overall talent. If this group drastically improves in the offseason, Tampa has a good chance of being a winning team next season.

C - I will be picked on for this, but I do not like zuttah and we need a mauler in that position. If not for freeman, for martin. Sooner or later I think without a solid center pickup, we will find ourselves looking once again.

DT - For rotation and backup reasons, this would help the bucs out a lot. We have talent there, but there could always be more stockpiled into the position.

TE - Stocker is for whatever reason subpar. Dallas Clark has more rubber taken off his wheels than dolly parton's last breast reduction. Dom is going to have to draft a TE somewhere, like it or not.

LB - Quincy isn't sounding well, and we were already lacking a bit of depth there anyhow. Really, this selection is probably the most odd, as it could be moved anywhere from 5th (in this list) to 2nd out of the top 5. There will be a few solid LBs in draft after all.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 30, 2013, 09:09:58 AM

CB - has to be on the #1 hit list. They are overwhelmed and very weak on overall talent. If this group drastically improves in the offseason, Tampa has a good chance of being a winning team next season.

C - I will be picked on for this, but I do not like zuttah and we need a mauler in that position. If not for freeman, for martin. Sooner or later I think without a solid center pickup, we will find ourselves looking once again.

DT - For rotation and backup reasons, this would help the bucs out a lot. We have talent there, but there could always be more stockpiled into the position.

TE - Stocker is for whatever reason subpar. Dallas Clark has more rubber taken off his wheels than dolly parton's last breast reduction. Dom is going to have to draft a TE somewhere, like it or not.

LB - Quincy isn't sounding well, and we were already lacking a bit of depth there anyhow. Really, this selection is probably the most odd, as it could be moved anywhere from 5th (in this list) to 2nd out of the top 5. There will be a few solid LBs in draft after all.

I am also in favor of upgrading at C...but I would drop it to the bottom of those 5.  I think the CB, DT, LB, and TE needs outweigh it.  Zuttah isnt great but isnt bad.  He will be a LOT better when our Pro-Bowl Guards are healthy.  I would prefer a new RT in the short term.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In order of need, what 5 positions need to be upgraded ASAP? (SIAP) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools