Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We don't NEED an elite corner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#30 : February 04, 2013, 02:16:27 PM

Would the Chris Culliver supporters in this thread please come back out......

And where do you guys think we're getting this "island corner" from? The only "island corners" in the entire league as far as I'm concerned right now are Revis and Richard Sherman. Even guys like Nnamdi, DRC and Cromartie that were supposed to be elite corners have gotten completely burned over the past couple years in man to man coverage. We need solid, preferably veteran corners that will play physical and make smart plays. We don't NEED an elite guy, but that doesn't mean that if we get Revis that I wouldn't be ecstactic to have him on the Bucs.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 04, 2013, 04:06:46 PM

The pass rush helps the coverage, and the coverage helps the pass rush. Often the coverage is dictated by the pass rush.

When a team is good at getting pressure, their coverage likely will be tight, as they know the QB will have little time. When a team is typically poor with their QB pressure, the coverage will be looser and deeper, giving up uncontested short passes. In this style, tackling sure & hard to create turnovers is their best defense... Then zone D's will mix it up, especially the Tampa 2... And we had a good rush to go with it too; offenses didn't know WHAT was comin'!!

With the more wide-open spread offenses and strong-armed QBs of today, even elite CBs are getting burned. Which makes me question the value of so-called "elite" CBs...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 04, 2013, 05:15:25 PM

If think your forgeting about the 9ers pass rush. thats why you can have Rogers and those other dudes at CB..

Having Rogers as thier best corner worked out great for the niners in the Superbowl ....oh wait it didn't....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 04, 2013, 05:53:32 PM

The draft is deep in rd 2 at CB....Ryan, Trufaunt, Poyer, Amerson, maybe even Rhodes. Sign the best corner available in FA, you have the money, spend it, and draft one of those guys and you have seriously upgraded two starters. Bigges, Gaitor, and Johnson can fight for the nickel....where they belong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 04, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

With the more wide-open spread offenses and strong-armed QBs of today, even elite CBs are getting burned. Which makes me question the value of so-called "elite" CBs...

I think you are better off having 3 Brian Kelly level guys instead of one Revis and 2 Biggers for sure.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 04, 2013, 09:33:39 PM

Not gonna get a sniff of Revis w/o giving up at least our #1. I'd be very surprised if that happens...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 05, 2013, 07:29:36 AM

Not gonna get a sniff of Revis w/o giving up at least our #1. I'd be very surprised if that happens...

If all it takes is a #1 it's worth it ...there is no Darelle Reavis to be drafted at #13.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We don't NEED an elite corner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools