Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#150 : February 03, 2013, 11:20:11 PM

This SB proves average QBs win Super Bowls.  Elite QBs are great to have, but rare.  Also not necessary with a good defense.

The only thing this SB proves is we are never getting anywhere close to that game with Freeman at the helm.  Josh on his best days didn't play as well as either of these QBs did this postseason, and this game was just more evidence of how far away from a QB that can go there Josh is.
I think Pewter Pirate's point is supported by the performance of the qbs this evening.  Clearly - even if one has an agenda item he wishes to support once again.  I watched a qb with a big arm make all sorts of decisions and throws - some were even good - offsetting many which were bad in choice and execution and yet be declared having played an excellent game by the talking heads.  Average performance with outstanding efforts by his teammates offset led to a win.  Of course this is in response to what Pewter Pirate wanted to talk about, as opposed to trashing Freeman - which is your desire. 

I don't know how Freeman will turn out for the bucs, I do hope you are wrong in your evaluation.  I will be rooting for him to be better right up until his replacement.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#151 : February 03, 2013, 11:23:41 PM

Neither Kaepernick nor Flacco played "average" getting their teams to this point. Flacco is about to cement himself in that echelon of QB with Ben R. and Eli. Not elite, but  a pretty good QB.

So, when Flacco throws balls up for grabs to Boldin and makes easy throws when Jones and Smith burn their CB's by a good 4 or 5 steps, he's considered pretty good, but when Freeman does it, he sucks and V-Jax and Mike Williams get all the credit. Which one is it man? Can't have it both ways.

If you can't see the difference between what Flacco did and what Josh does, it very clearly explains your rabid Freepology.  There is no comparison there.

The dude will say and reach for anything to try and sh*t on other QBs to attempt to make Freeman appear less crappy.

gone

Hall of Famer
#152 : February 03, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

I'd love to see him improve as much as anyone else.  I'll be every bit as pleased as every apologist if he becomes a "very good" QB.   I just no longer believe he has it in him.  And anyone who saw Josh as doing anything either of those two QBs did tonight and through the postseason they are deluding themselves.  Maybe it helps you feel more like a fan to focus on the positives and make excuses, but I'm done with the excuses.  That doesn't make me any more "agenda" driven than those who constantly support his lacklustre play.  Neither Flacco or Kap was flawless today, but Josh doesn't play like that, ever. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#153 : February 04, 2013, 12:11:28 AM

I'd love to see him improve as much as anyone else.  I'll be every bit as pleased as every apologist if he becomes a "very good" QB.   I just no longer believe he has it in him.  And anyone who saw Josh as doing anything either of those two QBs did tonight and through the postseason they are deluding themselves.  Maybe it helps you feel more like a fan to focus on the positives and make excuses, but I'm done with the excuses.  That doesn't make me any more "agenda" driven than those who constantly support his lacklustre play.  Neither Flacco or Kap was flawless today, but Josh doesn't play like that, ever.

Agree in point.  Kap and Flacco were both good enough to win that game. Freeman is not at their level yet, but I am willing to give him this final contract year, and see how it goes.  Sully will have him working on things in the offseason.  He knows more than anyone, he needs to put it all together next season.  It will be interesting to see if there is any growth.  If not...we go to plan B.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#154 : February 04, 2013, 12:16:43 AM

Agree in point.  Kap and Flacco were both good enough to win that game. Freeman is not at their level yet, but I am willing to give him this final contract year, and see how it goes.  Sully will have him working on things in the offseason.  He knows more than anyone, he needs to put it all together next season.  It will be interesting to see if there is any growth.  If not...we go to plan B.
I watched grade A pass blocking on 85% of those snaps. I'm willing to bet any decent QB can make good throws when given time.

The elite ones can make the good throws under duress. I'm not ready to crown Flacco or Kap yet.

gone

Hall of Famer
#155 : February 04, 2013, 12:17:32 AM

Well, I did see something impressive tonight, a 25 year old QB looking off safeties, so I guess we can hope that Josh can figure that one out now that he's finally 25 too.  I think the pump fake will have to wait until 26 though....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#156 : February 04, 2013, 12:18:15 AM

Truth

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#157 : February 04, 2013, 12:18:55 AM

I watched grade A pass blocking on 85% of those snaps. I'm willing to bet any decent QB can make good throws when given time.

The elite ones can make the good throws under duress. I'm not ready to crown Flacco or Kap yet.

Pass blocking like that doesn't effect Josh's game, he's gotten enough of that, but he still hears the footsteps after 3 seconds (whether they are there or not) and panics and forces his throws.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#158 : February 04, 2013, 12:20:14 AM

Did you not notice how many sacks Flacco escaped tonite..... and made plays?  On that long pass to Boldin, Freeman either succombs to the sack or throws that ball outta bounds. No doubt about it.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#159 : February 04, 2013, 12:23:18 AM

Pass blocking like that doesn't effect Josh's game, he's gotten enough of that, but he still hears the footsteps after 3 seconds (whether they are there or not) and panics and forces his throws.
He needs to take sacks more instead of forcing errand throws.

gone

Hall of Famer
#160 : February 04, 2013, 12:24:28 AM

Did you not notice how many sacks Flacco escaped tonite..... and made plays?  On that long pass to Boldin, Freeman either succombs to the sack or throws that ball outta bounds. No doubt about it.

For an immobile guy, Flacco sure was elusive tonight.  OTOH, Josh is the most immobile "Mobile, Athletic QB" I've ever seen.  But that too isn't his fault, he's just following orders....

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#161 : February 04, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

That long pass he completed, the WR's were completely covered were the deep routes were 100% developed. He extended the play due to great pass blocking and his legs and route adjustment by Q.

Flacco's pocket awareness is suspect too. Both sides would close in on him at times and he'd just sit there looking Freeman like when he got sacked.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#162 : February 04, 2013, 12:25:45 AM

And throws his hands in the air with that "all you guys are doing the wrong thing except me" look.

gone

Hall of Famer
#163 : February 04, 2013, 12:30:07 AM

And throws his hands in the air with that "all you guys are doing the wrong thing except me" look.

Did I do that?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#164 : February 04, 2013, 12:31:38 AM

That long pass he completed, the WR's were completely covered were the deep routes were 100% developed. He extended the play due to great pass blocking and his legs and route adjustment by Q.

Flacco's pocket awareness is suspect too. Both sides would close in on him at times and he'd just sit there looking Freeman like when he got sacked.

Seems your idea of 'great pass blocking' and 'suspect pocket awareness' is a lil different from mine. FYI.... Flacco only took 2 sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000135072/Boldin-makes-amazing-catch

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools