Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 30, 2013, 10:27:07 PM

Drew Brees is considered an elite QB. The Saints are 7-9, just like the Bucs. Their defense sucks, just like the Bucs. Brees threw 4 interceptions in a game. Ryan threw 5. Fix our pass defense and the Bucs are a playoff team. Give Freeman two consecutive years of the same system with decent coaches, and he has a shot at being great if not elite. We have several elite QBs who will be watching the SB like the rest of us. They don't always play like they're elite, and their teams failed in one way or another. A QB can't do it all by himself. It's a team game.

Im gonna stop you there. Brees is considered elite because of his entire body of work. Not just what he did in 2012. Freeman's entire body of work is nothing more than inconsistent play and limited throwing ability in terms of touch and accuracy. Two even try and put the two in the same sentence...even in very light comparisons....is completely erroneous.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : January 30, 2013, 10:31:09 PM

Drew Brees is considered an elite QB. The Saints are 7-9, just like the Bucs. Their defense sucks, just like the Bucs. Brees threw 4 interceptions in a game. Ryan threw 5. Fix our pass defense and the Bucs are a playoff team. Give Freeman two consecutive years of the same system with decent coaches, and he has a shot at being great if not elite. We have several elite QBs who will be watching the SB like the rest of us. They don't always play like they're elite, and their teams failed in one way or another. A QB can't do it all by himself. It's a team game.

Im gonna stop you there. Brees is considered elite because of his entire body of work. Not just what he did in 2012. Freeman's entire body of work is nothing more than inconsistent play and limited throwing ability in terms of touch and accuracy. To even try and put the two in the same sentence...even in very light comparisons....is completely erroneous.

You know what Chace?   I think I am adding you to my list of good posters.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 30, 2013, 10:46:38 PM

Brees is a great player. Statistical wise he didn't really play that great until his 4th year in the NFL. He didn't reach 4,000 yards passing till he got to NO. So he shows you that you can get better. I still say Freeman's got his best games ahead. I don't know if he will ever be "elite" but if he works his azz off And learns from his mistakes as best as he can I don't see why he can't be a solid QB here. Build the rest of the team up around him and you got a playoff team IMO. From there anything can happen.
: January 30, 2013, 10:48:39 PM BucBalla85

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 31, 2013, 02:10:09 AM

Im gonna stop you there. Brees is considered elite because of his entire body of work. Not just what he did in 2012. Freeman's entire body of work is nothing more than inconsistent play and limited throwing ability in terms of touch and accuracy. To even try and put the two in the same sentence...even in very light comparisons....is completely erroneous.

You know what Chace?   I think I am adding you to my list of good posters.

I am sure he is quite honored.  Coming from the president of the Tim Tebow bandwagon.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 31, 2013, 02:51:39 AM

I notice that there were some people who listed Javaray as one of their favorite posters, but absolutely nobody listed The Anti-Java as one of their faves.   How shocking.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 31, 2013, 02:54:46 AM

I notice that there were some people who listed Javaray as one of their favorite posters, but absolutely nobody listed The Anti-Java as one of their faves.   How shocking.   

I don't come here to be anyones favorite poster. I couldn't care any less TBH.    I come here for Bucs discussion.  You should try it sometime.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 31, 2013, 05:10:50 AM

Obviously nobody finds your "bucs discussion" to be interesting.  There are others who are interesting.   But you aren't one of them.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 31, 2013, 07:41:35 AM

What often happens is very good QBs make extraordinary plays BECAUSE another player(s) on their team screwed up, or it's a do or die situation for the team. As the QB has the ball, he'll take a gamble with it and sometimes make that extraordinary play. Doing that enough times puts him in the "elite" category.
       My biggest concern with Josh is taking responsibilty for moving the chains as the leader of our offense. Too often he puts the ball where it's either a very risky throw, or there's no hope of achieving the 1st down from where he throws it to. Just needs to play SMARTER overall with consistancy; doesn't need to be "elite" himself to make our team "elite". Be part of the solution, not part of the problem...
       All QBs miss throws at times, so I don't sweat that so much. And we all know Mike Williams and even Vincent Jackson drop passes.
       Hopefully Schiano has prescribed a good offseason program for him, involving both practice AND some team leadership stuff.

The only thing I would add......is if its open, run for the first.
   TOTALLY agree. I get the sense he's being told to pass first, which is fine, but at the same time, there are situations where ya gotta remember you're the field general out there, and getting the 1st down is priority 1. There are many strange things that can happen to anybody with even the easiest pass; always some risk. Just take what the defense gives you!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 31, 2013, 10:08:06 AM

25/6 in 2010 + 25/8 in 2012 before the team was eliminated = trade for Cousins or Flynn

lolz, I remember when Carnell Williams had a 4.1 YPC when Jeff Faine was at Center.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 31, 2013, 10:13:25 AM

25/6 in 2010 + 25/8 in 2012 before the team was eliminated = trade for Cousins or Flynn

lolz, I remember when Carnell Williams had a 4.1 YPC when Jeff Faine was at Center.

lol..makes me wonder if this dude covers his eyes right after a bad pass by Freeman and quietly repeats to himself, "that didn't happen, that didn't happen"...all while slowly rocking back and forth.

I wonder if delusion is bliss, as well...?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 31, 2013, 11:09:46 AM

remember when we did not have Freeman as our QB?
THIS team is still riding a 12 game losing streak without Freeman as its QB, would be #7 all time in NFL history.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 31, 2013, 11:25:22 AM

This is the Sterling 'Elite' Mobility Scooter.

Freeman may ride one of these when he's 70.    At that time, he could be considered elite.

I do not have an problem with Freeman being considered an elite QB, riding his ring(s) in a scooter at the age of 70. I do not expect Freeman to do this at the age of 25 anyway.

This would only be an issue if Freeman got his ring and his reputation as an elite QB elsewhere and we let him walk for nothing as a FA before.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 31, 2013, 11:47:31 AM

What skills? 

Accuracy?  Nope.
Touch?  Nope.
Intelligent field general?  Nope.
Fiery leader?  Nope.
Calm under pressure?  Nope.
Smart decision maker?  Nope.

Josh makes a living chucking deep jumpers.  Other than that he's got nothing to scare anyone with.

I also doubt his touch. He was advertised as a QB able to make all the throws, but so far he pretty much just excells at slinging balls in there.

But you seem to mix up accuracy and precision. He is accurate, but as other QB he is not consistently on the mark.

When he mocks the Falcons after a QB sneak, he is seen as spoiled kid, trashing talking unlike other elite QBs. When he barks at team mates after an incomplete pass, he just blames others for his mistakes.  But yeah, he is not a fiery leader.

He gets exposed by blitzing, as does any other QB. You didnt see Brady not winning a SB since '04? Wasn't this why the ravens should get rid of Flacco?Prolly because he does not have the same weapons as Freeman, suffering from Boldin dropping pass. Why did the ravens miss the SB last year again? But yeah, time to get back happy feet Josh... Johnson. He was calm under pressure.

Freeman might not/never be an elite QB, but i'm sure you will never identify one when his team is not carrying him.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 31, 2013, 11:56:49 AM

Brees and Ryan have both made it to the playoffs before.   Freeman never has.   Never will.

Not with Raheem Morris as their HC, and certainly not in their first year with Payton and Smith respectively. Bookmark this troll, Josh Freeman will lead the Bucs to the playoffs in 2013 and you will credit Doug Martin, VJax, and a great defense. You'll do it again year after year until the fans of this team laugh you out of here.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 31, 2013, 12:17:57 PM

Competition for Freeman has been found.
Can throw the deep ball like Freeman, stands in the pocket like Freeman, but can adjust to make the short and intermediate throws.....

Jugs could be elite.....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools