Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 31, 2013, 12:36:37 PM

Drew Brees is considered an elite QB. The Saints are 7-9, just like the Bucs. Their defense sucks, just like the Bucs. Brees threw 4 interceptions in a game. Ryan threw 5. Fix our pass defense and the Bucs are a playoff team. Give Freeman two consecutive years of the same system with decent coaches, and he has a shot at being great if not elite. We have several elite QBs who will be watching the SB like the rest of us. They don't always play like they're elite, and their teams failed in one way or another. A QB can't do it all by himself. It's a team game.

Im gonna stop you there. Brees is considered elite because of his entire body of work. Not just what he did in 2012. Freeman's entire body of work is nothing more than inconsistent play and limited throwing ability in terms of touch and accuracy. To even try and put the two in the same sentence...even in very light comparisons....is completely erroneous.

You know what Chace?   I think I am adding you to my list of good posters.

Oh, I see now. We've gotta bash Freeman to make your little list.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 31, 2013, 12:48:35 PM

25/6 in 2010 + 25/8 in 2012 before the team was eliminated = trade for Cousins or Flynn

lolz, I remember when Carnell Williams had a 4.1 YPC when Jeff Faine was at Center.

remember when we did not have Freeman as our QB?
THIS team is still riding a 12 game losing streak without Freeman as its QB, would be #7 all time in NFL history.

Was Freeman not the QB of the team during that losing streak?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#47 : January 31, 2013, 12:52:16 PM

No, that was a combination of Byron Leftwich, Josh Johnson, and Jeff Garcia.
: January 31, 2013, 12:54:20 PM TampaBucks05

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 31, 2013, 12:53:22 PM

But to be fair, Freeman owns 6-and 10-game losing streaks of his own, so.....

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 31, 2013, 01:11:59 PM

Freeman just played 9 of those 10 games. But the big difference is this ... he ended it.
Our 12 game losing streal WITHOUT Freeman is still alive.

But maybe Gruden, still under contract, is directly accountable for the Heemy years aswell, not just for the talentless team. Might explain why the team quit again in 2011.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 31, 2013, 01:12:49 PM

Don't bring facts into this fantasy world. Freeman will rebound next year, he will throw for 5000 yards this year, because defenses won't adjust to his ability to throw deep lobs. And we know for fact that a second year in a system is when Freeman puts it all together. just look at what he did in 2011, following up his 2010 year.... oh wait.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 31, 2013, 01:30:45 PM

Don't bring facts into this fantasy world. Freeman will rebound next year, he will throw for 5000 yards this year, because defenses won't adjust to his ability to throw deep lobs. And we know for fact that a second year in a system is when Freeman puts it all together. just look at what he did in 2011, following up his 2010 year.... oh wait.

Nobody is saying he will throw for 5000 yards but I am saying he could improve next year and thats what we want right?? Honestly we need the whole team to improve. Including Freeman. If he improves and the defense improves, I dont see why this team cant go to playoffs. When you get there, anything can happen. Freeman has been pretty average with up and downs this past season we all know that. Year 2 in this system could mean better things for him. Which would mean better things for this team. He can easily turn his game around.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#52 : January 31, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

Freeman just played 9 of those 10 games. But the big difference is this ... he ended it.

Oh, that's the big difference for you, is it?  lolz

moose40

Hall of Famer
#53 : January 31, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

Nobody is saying he will throw for 5000 yards but I am saying he could improve next year and thats what we want right?? Honestly we need the whole team to improve. Including Freeman. If he improves and the defense improves, I dont see why this team cant go to playoffs. When you get there, anything can happen. Freeman has been pretty average with up and downs this past season we all know that. Year 2 in this system could mean better things for him. Which would mean better things for this team. He can easily turn his game around.

Fair assessment,  but  still i'm not holding my breath, based on his performance the last few weeks of the season.
--i agree, we all want improvement at the qb position. I'm not trying to be a jerk, i hope you're right, and he improves, because i believe he will be the qb next year, but i don't believe he will improve.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 31, 2013, 01:54:45 PM

Fair assessment,  but  still i'm not holding my breath, based on his performance the last few weeks of the season.
--i agree, we all want improvement at the qb position. I'm not trying to be a jerk, i hope you're right, and he improves, because i believe he will be the qb next year, but i don't believe he will improve.

I know your not and Im not holdin anything against the guys "bashing" Freeman. He does need to improve. If he doesnt we need to go in another direction. Im just as hopeful as anybody else that he turns his game around. I really would prefer to remain stable at that QB position. Weve had such bad luck at that position since the beginning and would hate to get back into the QB market again. Although I feel regardless we are because Freeman left so much to be desired but not enough to just wave goodbye to him. For some he has. I feel that has more to do with his recent play and if he plays well at the start of next season youll see some change their tune with that. Its a "what have you done for me lately" league. When your bad, your fans hate you. When your good your fans love ya. I just hope he turns his game around. Id hate to have to look for another QB every offseason again.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#55 : January 31, 2013, 02:06:19 PM

Xd, the opposite of losing is winning, and Freeman has done this with this TEAM, unlike the other QBs not called Freeman with this TEAM in the last 12 games. Thats the biggest difference there is.

But yeah, he does not have 'it'. Lets keep losing with this TEAM. He is not a fiery leader., he is not entertaining enough. Lets just talk style points, why try to improve the TEAM, right?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 31, 2013, 02:10:28 PM

Improving the team around him and working closely with him to correct his mistakes is all they can do. It doesnt look like theres many replacements available in this draft or FA. The best thing they can do is improve this team and have a offseason program for Freeman that will try to improve his play and try to get him to play well more consistently. If they are succesful with that then Id say were a playoff team. We were pretty close last year. No reason to believe that they cant improve more next year and be a playoff team. We will see. Sucks we have to wait haha.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#57 : January 31, 2013, 02:20:53 PM

Xd, the opposite of losing is winning, and Freeman has done this with this TEAM, unlike the other QBs not called Freeman with this TEAM in the last 12 games. Thats the biggest difference there is.

But yeah, he does not have 'it'. Lets keep losing with this TEAM. He is not a fiery leader., he is not entertaining enough. Lets just talk style points, why try to improve the TEAM, right?

I give Freeman credit when he plays well.  But unlike you, I don't have selective memory for the times he doesn't play well.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 31, 2013, 02:36:09 PM

Obviously nobody finds your "bucs discussion" to be interesting.  There are others who are interesting.   But you aren't one of them.

Try to keep the popularity contest in the correct thread.  I would hate to see you get another warning.  How many is that now?

PewterReportMC....
\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\"

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#59 : January 31, 2013, 02:43:12 PM

I give Freeman credit when he plays well.  But unlike you, I don't have selective memory for the times he doesn't play well.

I do not overlook his bad play, actually thats the reason why i'm not willing to franchise tag him after next year, or joining the bidding war for a just above average QB.
Still i'm not willing to let him walk for nothing after next year, wanting to make the most out of his value to THIS TEAM.

But you seem to have selective memory, buying into this 66,7% chance of getting a similar or even better QB by spending a 1st round pick, instead of drafting the best player for THIS TEAM. Should it be a QB, nice, i have no issue gettting a QB. Indy did not have either, when drafting Luck.

This 0-12 tells us some about this TEAM.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools