Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

Hate

Hall of Famer
#180 : February 04, 2013, 07:50:40 PM

I think determining if a Quarterback is going through their progressions is tough to tell.

Was this post meant to be taken seriously?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#181 : February 04, 2013, 08:22:48 PM

Neither Kaepernick nor Flacco played "average" getting their teams to this point. Flacco is about to cement himself in that echelon of QB with Ben R. and Eli. Not elite, but  a pretty good QB.

So, when Flacco throws balls up for grabs to Boldin and makes easy throws when Jones and Smith burn their CB's by a good 4 or 5 steps, he's considered pretty good, but when Freeman does it, he sucks and V-Jax and Mike Williams get all the credit. Which one is it man? Can't have it both ways.

Cause EVERY throw that Flacco has thrown these playoffs has been a jumpball.... ::)

He is putting the ball in spot where his guys can make plays and has been incredibly consistent. Of course he is a very good QB. Don't worry...admitting Flacco is very good doesn't diminish Freeman...Freeman does that himself with his inaccuracy and poor decision making.

You are 100% correct, and that is why average QBs win Super Bowls when they have good teams around them....Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning, Trent Dilfer, Ben Rothlisberger....etc....

So Flacco, Eli, and Big Ben are "average?"

SMH, seriously?

What is Josh Freeman then in your opinion? TERRIBLE I hope

None of them are elite, please read the title.  Neither is Freeman,  Being better than Freeman does not make a QB elite. They are above average at best.  Eli and Ben R. have subpar seasons when they do not have D to save them.  Brady is elite no matter how good or bad the defense is, that is elite.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#182 : February 04, 2013, 08:39:01 PM

I think determining if a Quarterback is going through their progressions is tough to tell.

Did you read my post?

Are you somehow able to see where the QB's eyes are looking at through his helmet?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#183 : February 04, 2013, 08:41:24 PM

Did you read my post?

Are you somehow able to see where the QB's eyes are looking at through his helmet?

I'm not sure if i should be responding to this seriously or if you're making a joke. Are you really stating that you can't tell when a QB is going thru his progressions?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#184 : February 04, 2013, 08:48:44 PM

Neither Kaepernick nor Flacco played "average" getting their teams to this point. Flacco is about to cement himself in that echelon of QB with Ben R. and Eli. Not elite, but  a pretty good QB.

So, when Flacco throws balls up for grabs to Boldin and makes easy throws when Jones and Smith burn their CB's by a good 4 or 5 steps, he's considered pretty good, but when Freeman does it, he sucks and V-Jax and Mike Williams get all the credit. Which one is it man? Can't have it both ways.

Cause EVERY throw that Flacco has thrown these playoffs has been a jumpball.... ::)

He is putting the ball in spot where his guys can make plays and has been incredibly consistent. Of course he is a very good QB. Don't worry...admitting Flacco is very good doesn't diminish Freeman...Freeman does that himself with his inaccuracy and poor decision making.

You are 100% correct, and that is why average QBs win Super Bowls when they have good teams around them....Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning, Trent Dilfer, Ben Rothlisberger....etc....

So Flacco, Eli, and Big Ben are "average?"

SMH, seriously?

What is Josh Freeman then in your opinion? TERRIBLE I hope

None of them are elite, please read the title.  Neither is Freeman,  Being better than Freeman does not make a QB elite. They are above average at best.  Eli and Ben R. have subpar seasons when they do not have D to save them.  Brady is elite no matter how good or bad the defense is, that is elite.

Just because the title says "elite" and the original conversation was about Freeman's chance of being elite...that doesn't mean that the conversation can't evolve in a new direction. The conversation went in a different direction when you started talking about "average" QBs and who belongs there. As discussed earlier...there is a group between average and elite.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#185 : February 04, 2013, 09:00:42 PM

Did you read my post?

I'm not sure if i should be responding to this seriously or if you're making a joke. Are you really stating that you can't tell when a QB is going thru his progressions?

If he were talking about any other QB, then we would absolutely be able to see him going through or not going through progressions....but since Freeman is in question...it suddenly becomes vague.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

gone

Hall of Famer
#186 : February 04, 2013, 09:10:02 PM

Did you read my post?

It certainly would explain a lot of his posts...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#187 : February 04, 2013, 09:27:08 PM

Did you read my post?

Yep - he is saying he can't tell.  Just thought I would help since it is creating a back up of responses.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#188 : February 04, 2013, 10:12:17 PM

Did you read my post?

I'm saying it is hard to tell if a QB is going through his progressions. You can't see what his eyes are looking at, you don't know what the primary routes on the plays are, you're just basing everything off of what direction his head is looking at. Are you seriously this dense?

gone

Hall of Famer
#189 : February 05, 2013, 02:39:46 AM

Did you read my post?

I'm saying it is hard to tell if a QB is going through his progressions. You can't see what his eyes are looking at, you don't know what the primary routes on the plays are, you're just basing everything off of what direction his head is looking at. Are you seriously this dense?

Your sincerity has been noted.

Your credibility has been eliminated.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#190 : February 05, 2013, 07:44:11 AM

Actually he is right.

Sometimes a QB will turn his head because he was trying to look off a safety. Doesn't mean he went through a progression. Also , some QB's will automatically throw to the check down whenever he feels nervous. Doesn't mean he went through the proper progressions either.  Maybe the QB just likes one of the matchups and trusts his WR to win on that play.

It is something that is hard know for sure , from a fan's perspective . We can guess , according to the circumstances , but you still don't know for sure what's going through the QB's head.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Josh Freeman have a chance to be Elite ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools