Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jordan Reed Dumb? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
: January 30, 2013, 04:38:01 PM

Just looking for a little clarification on this. I've read allot of opinions all of which point to him not being the sharpest tool in the shed. Not a gator fan so I'm just ignorant on the subject and it's not brought up in scouting reports.

I like the idea of an athletic playmaking TE who is a threat after the catch. On paper Reed looks like that guy, but some have raised red flags...

Fill me in please...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 30, 2013, 04:43:14 PM

i wouldnt draft him.  he's bigtime potential, but he's never made a difference imo.  why did he flame out as a QB?  not sure if it was brains or talent, or the right move.  but i do know he didnt often make the play when his number was called.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 30, 2013, 04:49:30 PM

Just looking for a little clarification on this. I've read allot of opinions all of which point to him not being the sharpest tool in the shed. Not a gator fan so I'm just ignorant on the subject and it's not brought up in scouting reports.

I like the idea of an athletic playmaking TE who is a threat after the catch. On paper Reed looks like that guy, but some have raised red flags...

Fill me in please...

He's not dumb , he's just raw. People call him dumb because he did some dumb things like fumble on the 1 yard line against Georgia. But remember , until 2 years ago he was a Quarterback. A lot of his dumb mistakes came from inexpierence.

The sky is the limit with his potential , however.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 30, 2013, 04:50:11 PM

I don't know if he's a dumbazz off the field, but he sure is a dumbazz on the field.  He's talented for sure, though.

bucshot420

Starter

#4 : January 30, 2013, 10:40:27 PM

As a Gator fan I've watched him and he was recruited by Meyer to be the same type of QB as Tebow, as was Trey Burton.   With Hernandez going pro there was a huge hole at TE so they moved him there, relying on Brantley to step in and perform.  Then when Muschamp came in he wanted more of a traditional drop back passer, so Reed stayed at TE.

Jutt

Starter
#5 : January 30, 2013, 10:53:00 PM

You know how it goes..if one person says the dude is dumb, everybody just accepts it as the norm and goes on with it. I'd love to have dude. Our offense would have another dimension

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 30, 2013, 10:55:39 PM

Our offense would have another dimension

what dimension does jordan reed add that danny noble doesnt give?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 31, 2013, 07:21:12 AM

As a Gator fan I've watched him and he was recruited by Meyer to be the same type of QB as Tebow, as was Trey Burton.   With Hernandez going pro there was a huge hole at TE so they moved him there, relying on Brantley to step in and perform.  Then when Muschamp came in he wanted more of a traditional drop back passer, so Reed stayed at TE.

Reed also was simply a very inaccurate passer. He's better suited to a position he can use that athletic ability. Everyone could see that.

Driskel wasn't quite ready to take the next step as a passer or Reed would have put up huge numbers this season. He's a mismatch nightmare .

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 31, 2013, 08:02:12 AM

He seems dumb in interviews, or at least immature. The crying also tends to lean towards immaturity.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 31, 2013, 08:34:22 AM

He seems dumb in interviews, or at least immature. The crying also tends to lean towards immaturity.

Watching the interviews and such...two other guys come to mind. Martellus Bennett and Jermaine Gresham. Bennett struggled with maturity issues during most of his time in Dallas. With Gresham, I know several guys that went to HS with Gresham and all of them said that he had problems in school and wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed...but when he got on the field, a switch flipped and he was just a straight up playmaker. He could still be a good TE, regardless of intelligence level.

Checkmeout

Rookie

#10 : January 31, 2013, 08:42:15 AM

Guess we will see how he performs in the wonderlic and if gets less than 4

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 31, 2013, 09:30:29 AM

Reed cried because he had just fumbled away the chance to win the biggest game of the year , and a chance to play for the sec and national title. It doesn't make you immature to cry in that situation. It just means you cared.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 31, 2013, 09:41:39 AM

He jumps to catch every single ball even when he doesn't have to.  It is like a bad golf swing.  He does it all the time.  It is annoying and I'm glad he moved on.  I would not go near him on draft day.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 31, 2013, 06:27:50 PM

Watching the film , and he doesn't jump to catch every ball .

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 31, 2013, 06:41:36 PM

I like the guy, but I don't think he fits what we are doing. We seem to only be interested in mature leaders. This kid has so much physical talent though, it's hard to pass up.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jordan Reed Dumb? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools