Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers CB Chris Culliver makes anti-gay comments on media day « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : January 30, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »

NEW ORLEANS – San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver has reportedly made inflammatory comments regarding homosexuality in football just a few days before Super Bowl XLVII.

Shock jock Artie Lange revealed he had interviewed Culliver at media day Tuesday and aired a segment on his show that night, where the player insisted that any gay players would not be welcome on the team.

"I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

"Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

When quizzed by Lange whether any homosexual athletes would need to keep their sexuality a secret in football, Culliver responded: "Yeah, come out 10 years later after that."

In the NFL's long history, there has never been an openly gay active player. However, sexual orientation has increasingly come into the spotlight recently.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--report--niners-cb-says-openly-gay-players-would-not-be-welcomed-on-the-team-190346715.html

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 30, 2013, 06:41:13 PM »

The one week out the year that every single word you say will probably make the news, why not just shut the hell up?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 30, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »

49ers released a statement....

“The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made yesterday, and have addressed the matter with Chris.  There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.”

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 30, 2013, 06:49:16 PM »

what the hell? - he's got First Amendment rights - he doesn't like two dudes having sex with each other - he thinks the act is deplorable -he lives in the United States but yet can't express his belief because his employer doesn't want gay football fans to boycott their games. And in SF, I'm sure there are many.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 30, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »

Really can wait to hear the end of gays in the NFL, Ray Lewis murder and PEDś, Callahan throwing the Super Bowl for Gruden, Tim Tebow, Freeman sucks, Schiano is a Nazi, etc. The Super Bowl can come soon enough so we can get on with fixing the Bucs.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

gone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 30, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »

It's horrible he doesn't want gay men in the showers with him. 

Just as horrible as women who don't want straight men in the showers with them. 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 30, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »

Chris Culliver: awesome words, bro.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 30, 2013, 07:18:01 PM »

I expect a hollow apology tmrw

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 30, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »

This country has turned into a bunch of pansies.  He shouldn't apologize to anyone.  Do gay people ever make anti-straight comments?  Thought so. 

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 30, 2013, 07:34:58 PM »

what the hell? - he's got First Amendment rights - he doesn't like two dudes having sex with each other - he thinks the act is deplorable -he lives in the United States but yet can't express his belief because his employer doesn't want gay football fans to boycott their games. And in SF, I'm sure there are many.

He didn't say he could tolerate them I'm not sure what to call those people. He said they have no place near him that is more than not liking it. How would he feel if someone said they don't want to have blacks on the team? Free speech is taking advantage of a lot these days no morals.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 30, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »

What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white? ~ Hank Hill

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 30, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »

This country has turned into a bunch of pansies.  He shouldn't apologize to anyone.  Do gay people ever make anti-straight comments?  Thought so.

You are forgetting though that this is concerning the 49ers who are from the most liberal and gay-friendly city in the country.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 30, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »

You are forgetting though that this is concerning the 49ers who are from the most liberal and gay-friendly city in the country.
Who would overlook that?  The team will apologize for the money but the player shouldn't apologize to anyone.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 30, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »

I expect a hollow apology tmrw

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Chris Culliver's statement: "It has taken me seeing (my comments) in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly."

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 30, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »

What's wrong with anti gay comments?    If he made pro-gay comments, that would be something to worry about.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers CB Chris Culliver makes anti-gay comments on media day « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools