Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers CB Chris Culliver makes anti-gay comments on media day « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 30, 2013, 08:50:31 PM

I expect a hollow apology tmrw

...or tonight...

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 30, 2013, 09:11:39 PM

What's wrong with anti gay comments?    If he made pro-gay comments, that would be something to worry about.

Nothing at all, the guy could have said I'm not comfortable around them. But he goes on to look foolish with they can't be in the locker room with me or around me at all.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 30, 2013, 09:15:29 PM

what the hell? - he's got First Amendment rights - he doesn't like two dudes having sex with each other - he thinks the act is deplorable -he lives in the United States but yet can't express his belief because his employer doesn't want gay football fans to boycott their games. And in SF, I'm sure there are many.

Are you one of those people that were screaming that the players are the NFL.   They are the game and it would be nothing without them?  I have always held the belief that if you make money off of fame and FANS...then you are and should be held to a different standard.  What you say and do are going to be made public.  You must watch your p's and q's.  You affect many different peoples, creeds, and orientations.  If you don't like it...go work at a job where no one cares what you say or do.  If you are in the public eye then keep your mouth shut and represent your brand(whatever it may be).

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#18 : January 30, 2013, 09:25:54 PM

Like most homophobes, Culliver is just afraid he'll get turned on being in the shower with the dude.

Free speech doesn't apply here. He is speaking as a rep for the 49ers.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 30, 2013, 09:26:57 PM

Horse**CENSORED**. Ironic too...

Still in our historical rear view is the fact that African Americans were segregated from "white" sports.

The sad theme of trying to sub-humanize groups pf people continues. -Sad.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 30, 2013, 09:46:46 PM

Chris Culliver's statement: "It has taken me seeing (my comments) in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly."

whats more troubling is that he didnt credit that statement to its original author.  PR guys get no love.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 30, 2013, 09:48:05 PM

Like most homophobes, Culliver is just afraid he'll get turned on being in the shower with the dude.

there is much irony in this statement.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : January 30, 2013, 09:53:01 PM

What's wrong with anti gay comments?    If he made pro-gay comments, that would be something to worry about.

Nothing at all, the guy could have said I'm not comfortable around them. But he goes on to look foolish with they can't be in the locker room with me or around me at all.

I'll give you that.   As long as he doesn't bend over for the soap, he shouldn't worry about it.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 30, 2013, 09:57:56 PM

I'll give you that.   As long as he doesn't bend over for the soap, he shouldn't worry about it.

Your only explanation is that you are 12 years old

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 30, 2013, 10:19:23 PM

Horse**CENSORED**. Ironic too...

Still in our historical rear view is the fact that African Americans were segregated from "white" sports.

The sad theme of trying to sub-humanize groups pf people continues. -Sad.

Yep.

And it's amazing that some still don't know when to invoke the freedom of speech argument. This isn't one of those times.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 30, 2013, 10:50:42 PM

what a dumb ass:

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 30, 2013, 10:54:43 PM

And it's amazing that some still don't know when to invoke the freedom of speech argument. This isn't one of those times.

Yes, agreed, but this is a battle you'll never win, like my own compliment vs complement war. Just waive the white flag.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 30, 2013, 11:16:25 PM

what a dumb ass:

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

what a b*tch move. full back-pedal. Comments thoughts that are in his head, yet that is not how he feels in his heart... blah, blah, blah.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 30, 2013, 11:38:19 PM

Strictly PR spin

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : January 30, 2013, 11:51:55 PM

Your only explanation is that you are 12 years old

Or maybe I'm straight.   

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers CB Chris Culliver makes anti-gay comments on media day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools