Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers CB Chris Culliver makes anti-gay comments on media day « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 31, 2013, 03:43:50 AM

What's wrong with anti gay comments?    If he made pro-gay comments, that would be something to worry about.

Nothing at all, the guy could have said I'm not comfortable around them. But he goes on to look foolish with they can't be in the locker room with me or around me at all.

I'll give you that.   As long as he doesn't bend over for the soap, he shouldn't worry about it.

Your only explanation is that you are 12 years old

Or maybe I'm straight.

A straight 12-year-old apparently.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : January 31, 2013, 05:06:44 AM

I think 12 year olds these days are more politically correct than us guys in our 40's ever were.   That's what's gone wrong with our society in the last 25 years or so.   There's nothing wrong with telling it like it is.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 31, 2013, 07:43:19 AM

Artie Lange wanted to fined someone dumb enough to accept his bait and Culliver took it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 31, 2013, 08:20:35 AM

I think 12 year olds these days are more politically correct than us guys in our 40's ever were.   That's what's gone wrong with our society in the last 25 years or so.   There's nothing wrong with telling it like it is.

Nothing wrong with telling it like it is...just don't be a b*tch and back-pedal when scrutiny rains down.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 31, 2013, 04:32:33 PM

Horse**CENSORED**. Ironic too...

Still in our historical rear view is the fact that African Americans were segregated from "white" sports.

The sad theme of trying to sub-humanize groups pf people continues. -Sad.

Big difference between accepting and providing equal rights for racial/ethnic minorities and that for gay people who are seen as reprehensible in the eyes of religious groups.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 31, 2013, 04:44:38 PM

So once you bend for a soap on the floor with a gay man in the same room you will get raped by? I mean, its a principle? Thanks for telling me like it is.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 31, 2013, 04:45:56 PM

Horse**CENSORED**. Ironic too...

Still in our historical rear view is the fact that African Americans were segregated from "white" sports.

The sad theme of trying to sub-humanize groups pf people continues. -Sad.

Yep.

And it's amazing that some still don't know when to invoke the freedom of speech argument. This isn't one of those times.

Nothing he (Culliver) said was any worse than the  Westboro Baptist Church's protests who've had their first amendment rights supported by the courts.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 31, 2013, 04:47:12 PM

Artie Lange wanted to fined someone dumb enough to accept his bait and Culliver took it.

If you're going to write something about being dumb, not having spelling errors helps.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 31, 2013, 06:10:01 PM

So once you bend for a soap on the floor with a gay man in the same room you will get raped by? I mean, its a principle? Thanks for telling me like it is.

Someone else mentioned it in another thread.   But dude, you really need to learn how to read and type in English.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 31, 2013, 06:10:27 PM

Nothing wrong with telling it like it is...just don't be a b*tch and back-pedal when scrutiny rains down.

Agreed.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 31, 2013, 06:22:09 PM

" Big difference between accepting and providing equal rights for racial/ethnic minorities and that for gay people who are seen as reprehensible in the eyes of religious groups."

And who were those religious groups finding "reprehensible" fifty, sixty years ago?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 31, 2013, 06:23:50 PM

" Nothing he (Culliver) said was any worse than the Westboro Baptist Church's protests who've had their first amendment rights supported by the courts."

Don't think anyone's questioning his right to say it, just his intelligence for doing so.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 31, 2013, 06:31:48 PM

" Big difference between accepting and providing equal rights for racial/ethnic minorities and that for gay people who are seen as reprehensible in the eyes of religious groups."

And who were those religious groups finding "reprehensible" fifty, sixty years ago?

Yep.

We could argue all day about the forces behind trying to minimize a person or a group, but the focus is much more about the act of mistreating another human being, and that we should know better by now.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 31, 2013, 06:33:13 PM

" Nothing he (Culliver) said was any worse than the Westboro Baptist Church's protests who've had their first amendment rights supported by the courts."

Don't think anyone's questioning his right to say it, just his intelligence for doing so.

UFOJOE

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 31, 2013, 06:42:43 PM

"UFOJOE"

Rather self explanatory, isn't it?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 49ers CB Chris Culliver makes anti-gay comments on media day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools