Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ST Coach Ligashesky fired « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 30, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »

Yeah, man I miss that guy. Kiffin an Marinelli too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 30, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »

he gets released and goes to the Chargers where Bisasccia was, and he returned a punt and a kick for a TD in only 8 games

why do you think bisaccia took a job as a college ST coach?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
« #17 : January 30, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »

Good move. This team couldnt cover kicks. The punt blocks were probably all Schiano's coaching so I dont give Ligashesky credit for that.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 31, 2013, 02:12:33 AM »

First, Bucs wide receivers coach P.J. Fleck moved on to become the youngest head coach in major college football, then quarterbacks coach Ron Turner was encouraged to leave by Butch Davis and offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan jumped at a chance to leave Tampa before secondary coach Ron Cooper dove back into the college ranks. Now, Greg Schiano has dropped his axe on special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, despite Ligashesky’s Super Bowl ring (Pittsburgh) and the Bucs leading the NFL in blocked punts, per a Tweet by Tampa Bay Times beat writer Rick Stroud.

Yes, the Bucs special teams were not strong, but that definitely was, in part, because the Bucs had subpar returners throughout the season. The kicking game was sound, and surely special teams was not a problem.

But Joe can say that Schiano is obsessive about special teams, and it does not surprise Joe if Schiano thought he could do better.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=82579

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 31, 2013, 02:16:37 AM »

First, Bucs wide receivers coach P.J. Fleck moved on to become the youngest head coach in major college football, then quarterbacks coach Ron Turner was encouraged to leave by Butch Davis and offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan jumped at a chance to leave Tampa before secondary coach Ron Cooper dove back into the college ranks. Now, Greg Schiano has dropped his axe on special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, despite Ligashesky’s Super Bowl ring (Pittsburgh) and the Bucs leading the NFL in blocked punts, per a Tweet by Tampa Bay Times beat writer Rick Stroud.

Yes, the Bucs special teams were not strong, but that definitely was, in part, because the Bucs had subpar returners throughout the season. The kicking game was sound, and surely special teams was not a problem.

But Joe can say that Schiano is obsessive about special teams, and it does not surprise Joe if Schiano thought he could do better.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=82579

Special teams was not a problem?   I can recall at least 2-3 times, where Schiano was giving this coach a big time azz chewing right there on the sideline.  He was cleary not happy with the special team play.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 31, 2013, 02:24:25 AM »

Schiano should have been given himself an ass chewing because DEFENSE was clearly the biggest problem on the team, not ST- and Schiano was dictating the defense to Sheridan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 31, 2013, 02:29:27 AM »

Schiano should have been given himself an ass chewing because DEFENSE was clearly the biggest problem on the team, not ST- and Schiano was dictating the defense to Sheridan.

You would have a case if run defense was as putrid as pass defense, but it was solid.

Maybe he should of took over special teams, because he was blowing a gasket pretty often with this dude.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 31, 2013, 07:03:08 AM »

Schiano's job was to find balance in the defense, wouldn't you agree?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 31, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »

maybe he did.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 31, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »

When you give up almost 5000 yards passing....there is a huge problem.  Even when we had our starting secondary we still sucked so spare us the injury excuse.

I think its hilarious when the sheep baa back with "well the run defense was strong".  Why run when you can throw for 3 times the yardage.

Schiano better make the playoffs this season.  If not, don't bother with a third season.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 31, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »

We blocked an ass load of punts last year, if fact, we lead the league in blocked punts. Wonder why he got fired.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 31, 2013, 09:46:48 AM »

This guy was terrible anyway.  I thought our punter was good until this year.  Not a coincidence.

I was thinking the exact same thing

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 31, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »

I think the coverage units were pretty good last season.  The returns were pretty bad, but so were the returners.  Dominik shouldn't have let Spurlock leave.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 31, 2013, 12:00:06 PM »

When you give up almost 5000 yards passing....there is a huge problem.  Even when we had our starting secondary we still sucked so spare us the injury excuse.

I think its hilarious when the sheep baa back with "well the run defense was strong".  Why run when you can throw for 3 times the yardage.

Schiano better make the playoffs this season.  If not, don't bother with a third season.

why not give up a little on the run defense and give the secondary some help (LBs).

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 31, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »

They were pretty bad last year. They had some spurts of good plays here and there but not consistent and a lot left to be desired there.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ST Coach Ligashesky fired « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools