Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dr. James Andrews: The most important man in sports? « previous next »
Page: 1

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: January 30, 2013, 08:00:28 PM

Interesting short video from CBS concerning James Andrews, MD.  Performed surgery on practically half the Saint's Super Bowl starting team. Incredible the number of important athletes that he's worked on - and the pressure that he has to repair and do no further harm.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50140005n

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 30, 2013, 10:15:55 PM

I know i'm gonna get flak for this from non-wrestling fans, but the man single-handedly saved Triple H's career after he tore his pectoral muscle clean off the bone. (Which was not par of a storyline, but a real injury.)

The man's great at his job.
: January 30, 2013, 10:19:10 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 30, 2013, 10:19:51 PM

Impressive guy.

Fwiw, as I understand, he supervises now and rarely performs the surgery himself anymore.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 31, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

Didn't realize that - thought he was still doing surgeries

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 31, 2013, 11:23:40 AM

That's normal procedure. Usually they teach someone to take over for them once they make their millions.

That dude definitely knows what he is doing.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 31, 2013, 11:55:33 AM

just think if he efed up Michael Jordan's leg or Tiger Woods' knee....he'd be sued for tens of millions if not more....dude must have some heavy duty malpractice insurance.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 31, 2013, 03:38:10 PM

I know i'm gonna get flak for this from non-wrestling fans, but the man single-handedly saved Triple H's career after he tore his pectoral muscle clean off the bone. (Which was not par of a storyline, but a real injury.)

The man's great at his job.

Not a wrestling fan anymore, but didnt he do the same thing for Trip years ago after tearing his knee (I think) up real bad in the Hell in a Cell match with Mick Foley to "force" him to retire?

Edit: Nvm, it was his quad in a tag team match (Stone Cold was his partner) against Chris Jericho and Benoit. Tore his quad right off the bone.....That Hell in a Cell match against Cactus Jack was awesome way back when.
: January 31, 2013, 04:13:55 PM germcanbuc

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 31, 2013, 03:44:54 PM

He's operated on half of the wrestlers and about 20% of the baseball and football players.  Dunno about the most important man in sports, but he's up there.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dr. James Andrews: The most important man in sports? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools