Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens To Release Boldin? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 31, 2013, 10:03:51 PM

how much is boldin currently making?  5.5 mil?  and what is the number we think he's gonna want?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 31, 2013, 11:31:17 PM

how much is boldin currently making?  5.5 mil?  and what is the number we think he's gonna want?
I would mos def make it rain $5.5 for Boldin... VJax/MWill/ABoldin and sign M. Bennett... But we also need to address D... 2 toys on O and a few FA CB's/re-sign Bennett, that would be my FA plan... maybe a DT too... oh and some OL depth

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 31, 2013, 11:40:03 PM

I like him, and think he might be a good one year signing.  But other teams may offer 2-3 years.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 31, 2013, 11:55:15 PM

Signing Boldin is useless unless you expect him to back up Williams.  The Bucs need a better Underwood.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 01, 2013, 12:17:26 AM

He is exactly the type of player that Freeman needs to be considered good. He has strong mitts, he can get to the ball at its highest point with relative ease because he is the Ed Hoculi (sp) of NFL wideouts, and he just needs to be near the pass to have a solid chance of retrieving it.

Freeman needs guys like this to be successful, and that is entirely a result of his horrible accuracy.

Problem with Quan is he is going to want a three-four year deal, and he will go to the highest bidder, IMO. Is he a guy to get the Bucs over hump?

Playoffs is the goal next year. No playoffs means Dom gets fired. It means Greg Schiano has a hot fire under his azz already. It means 5 is not the man, and even the staunchest supporters of Joshua Freeman will have to come to grips that he is not franchise, he is a project for life. Big year next season. Dom might actually go out and try to lure a guy like Quan. I wouldn't mind it for two seasons at a decent rate. Williams/Jackson/Quan would be decent if Free can read a field...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 01, 2013, 12:31:20 AM

This guy could be our new "third and Ike."

If it's for a fair price, I say go for it.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 01, 2013, 01:08:58 AM

Agree, but I don't think Dom will want to go long term with the dude.   Where other teams might.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 01, 2013, 10:24:09 AM

Agree, but I don't think Dom will want to go long term with the dude.   Where other teams might.

Well, I guess there is good reason for that (i hope).

Freeman (if he does well) will be extended, MW is currently being talked to, bennett might be re-signed, the corners have to big-time upgraded (which will cost a bit, depending), ..the list goes on.

Currently looking at the situation from a money standpoint,  boldin is not going to happen for the Bucs at all. Too many important issues to fix first, and we already have a pretty good one-two with MW and VJ.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 01, 2013, 11:03:09 AM

He's over the hill,

Something must be wrong, but I agree.........I better go home.....quickly.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 01, 2013, 12:14:09 PM

I would LOVE to get him in here, but I don't see it happening.

It's too bad Benn is falling short of potential, cause we could seriously use a young Bolden on this roster right now. The guy is a straight beast. I have a lot of respect for how he plays the game.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 01, 2013, 12:24:53 PM

It's too bad Benn is falling short of potential, cause we could seriously use a young Bolden on this roster right now. The guy is a straight beast. I have a lot of respect for how he plays the game.

Benn might be a force this year, 2nd year in the same system hopefully he will catch on.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#41 : February 01, 2013, 12:30:01 PM

Benn might be a force this year, 2nd year in the same system hopefully he will catch on.

I've heard this song before. It reminds me of the Bucs trying to sell us on how great Maurice Stovall looks in training camp or how Michael Clayton has regained his rookie form. I'll believe it when I see it. I really liked Benn coming out of IL and thought he was a good pick, but he has really dissappointed me.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 01, 2013, 12:42:13 PM

I've heard this song before. It reminds me of the Bucs trying to sell us on how great Maurice Stovall looks in training camp or how Michael Clayton has regained his rookie form. I'll believe it when I see it. I really liked Benn coming out of IL and thought he was a good pick, but he has really dissappointed me.

I agree with that. But I think Benn is more talent than Stovall and he also has a better work ethic when it comes to Clayton. Some WRs take time to develop Benn is one of those guys and he's only 24.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 01, 2013, 12:43:06 PM

I would take Boldin in the slot over most of the smurfs some of you guys want to bring in here.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 01, 2013, 03:31:33 PM

Last I checked he was at $8.5 mil, getting paid more than Ray Lewis by 500k.  I would love him in a Bucs uniform but he probably wont take a big pay cut, nor am I convinced he is a slot receiver.  Just not a good fit for us at the moment. 

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens To Release Boldin? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools