Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Desmond Trufant Destined to be a Buccaneer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : February 01, 2013, 12:13:53 AM »

2013 NFL Draft: is Desmond Trufant Destined to be a Buccaneer?

Jan 31st, 2013 at 3:05 pm

by Josh Hill
2013 NFL Draft

The Sedin’s and Staal’s pump out hockey stars like no other family, and while the Harbaugh’s are currently the darling siblings of the NFL at the moment, there’s another trio of brothers that are taking care of business in the NFL.

And one of them might be destined for Tampa.

Marcus and Isaiah Trufant are both considered to be high ranking cornerbacks in the NFL right now, and their little brother Desmond is set to join them. The University of Washington standout is one of the best cornerbacks in the draft which means Bucs fans can start talking about a name other than Dee Milliner.

While getting Milliner, who is without a doubt the best cornerback prospect in the 2013 draft class, would be a dream for the Bucs, there is a very real possibility that he won’t be available at No. 13 when the Bucs are put on the clock. We discussed a scenario where the Bucs trade down earlier today, but they may not have to trade down to get who they want.

After an outstanding Senior Bowl, Trufant has shot up draft boards and his stock now has him being selected in the first two rounds of the draft. The Bucs could hold out hope that he’ll be available at pick No. 43 , but if Trufant really wows teams at the combine he very well could be gone by the end of the first day.

There’s also the possibility that a team copies the scenario we laid out this morning and trades back into the first round to select him.

Chances are offensive skill players will dominate the second day of the draft, meaning if he’s not selected on the first day Trufant could slide to the Bucs at 43rd overall.

But if the Bucs can somehow get him, he’ll be an instant impact player in a secondary that desperately needs a jolt of talent. He doesn’t have an extensive highlight reel from his days with the Huskies, but he doesn’t have to. His talent is visible as soon as you see him set foot onto the gridiron.

What I’d love for the Bucs to do is trade back, select Johnthan Banks, compile picks and trade back into the first round to draft Trufant thus doubling up on corners.

Even if the Bucs don’t trade back into the first round, Desmond Trufant needs to get some serious attention when it comes to who the Bucs could and should draft in April.

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/01/31/2013-nfl-draft-is-desmond-trufant-destined-to-be-a-buccaneer/

McCoy93

Starter

« #1 : February 01, 2013, 12:16:02 AM »

Last couple of days i've been wondering about this. I feel if they take a corner at 13 or in the 1st it will be Trufant.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 01, 2013, 12:21:32 AM »

I don't really care who the Bucs go out and snare for the Corner job.

Most of these prospects are better than Lewis, Buggers, Wright, and The Generics.

Bucs need to get two or three mid tier free agent CBs, maybe draft 1 rookie within the top 3 rounds.

Trufant is already better than EJ Buggers.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 01, 2013, 12:22:49 AM »

If banks is there after trading back, I'd be glad to trade up to get trufant as well.

Pretty good alternative to going big in FA.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : February 01, 2013, 01:23:51 AM »

I think late first is probable for him.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 01, 2013, 02:35:30 AM »

Trade our First for Revis.
Trade our Second and 3rd picks for Back into First.
Select Desmond Trufant
Take a DT and TE with our 2 4ths.
OL and LB 5th and 6th.

Secondary fixed. Defense hopefully fixed.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 01, 2013, 02:47:06 AM »

Select Desmond Trufant
OL and LB 5th and 6th.

Makes sense, but the only prob is,  I don't think the Jets would take the #13 pick for Revis straight up.  We would have to sweeten that deal a bit, with another pick or two.  Then  if you make it that far, you get the pleasure of working out a contract with him,  for 15mil per year or there abouts.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 01, 2013, 03:24:40 AM »

Select Desmond Trufant
OL and LB 5th and 6th.

Makes sense, but the only prob is,  I don't think the Jets would take the #13 pick for Revis straight up.  We would have to sweeten that deal a bit, with another pick or two.  Then  if you make it that far, you get the pleasure of working out a contract with him,  for 15mil per year or there abouts.
Jets will have to take what they can get. Revis is coming off an ACL tear and there is no evidence to say hes going to have an AP-like return. They can either take a relatively high first rounder for Revis before losing him to FA or they can piss it all away on a season that will get them no where.

Give them Blount + a first. They don't deserve two high rounders for Revis.

If Revis comes to the Bucs I damn well expect him to shut down that punk Roddy White and Colston and Steve Smith. I don't want no gimpy half hearted Revis whose only in it for a payday after year 2 of his contract.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 01, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »

I would love to double dip CB's in this draft. Trufant and Banks would be fun to watch for many years to come.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 01, 2013, 08:16:45 AM »

Select Desmond Trufant
OL and LB 5th and 6th.

I don't know why anyone would want to gamble our first round pick on a dude coming off an ACL.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 01, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »

I love Trufaunt at 13, I bet we trade down with the Saints and get him.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 01, 2013, 08:40:35 AM »

Select Desmond Trufant
OL and LB 5th and 6th.

Or we can keep our 1st draft Trufant, then Trade back into the first and draft Lane Johnson or John Jenkins depending on who we land in FA. That would also fix D.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 01, 2013, 08:45:52 AM »

I'm not that impressed with Trufant. At first, I thought it would be great if we signed a top free agent CB like Sean Smith, and also sign Marcus Trufant....then draft his little brother and all would be great. However, the more I watch of Desmond Trufant the less I like him. Honestly I don't undertsand how anyone is giving him a 1st or 2nd round grade.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

« #13 : February 01, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »

Select Desmond Trufant
OL and LB 5th and 6th.

I don't know why anyone would want to gamble our first round pick on a dude coming off an ACL.

It's no less a gamble than any draft pick. At least Revis has NFL film. We don't know what these kids are ever going to amount to when drafted. Our last 1st round corner was Aqib. I'll take a gimpy Revis over that dude any day of the week

Tampafan8251

Starter
« #14 : February 01, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »

of course anyone would take revis over a rookie CB but this team is not in the position to waist our whole draft on one guy, if the deal is reasonable than do it. Back to Trufant, from all the tape I watched and the Senior Bowl, I dont know how you cant like him, he is physical, all over the ball and loves hitting the RB and WR, this kid is going to be a stud and other than Banks and Millier, he is my favorite
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Desmond Trufant Destined to be a Buccaneer? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools