Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "If you're still wondering why the Bucs drafted Mark Barron" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#15 : February 01, 2013, 07:18:39 AM

I don't buy it either.  It was to stop the run.  Barron's weakness was in passing.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 01, 2013, 07:26:41 AM

Fail article.

I am still left wondering.

Should have taken Harrison Smith if they wanted a safety.

Agreed.

Honestly..I think Harrison Smith will be a better pro.
: February 01, 2013, 07:29:51 AM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : February 01, 2013, 08:32:23 AM

" Read options are a fad. QBs will get punished running that op, and it will fade away. It gets QBs killed."

What were seeing now is a result of a bunch of them coming out of college at once. But there's no way the college ranks will be able to supply them as fast as the NFL will chew them up. When it's shown that their average career length is very short, their value will plummet. Teams aren't going to spend a first rounder or trade a bunch of picks for a guy who's only going to last a few years.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 01, 2013, 08:48:39 AM

So we drafted Barron to defend a foolish trend? I don't buy it. Starting QBs make too much money for the option to last long term. It's nothing more than this year's version of the Wildcat.

Nah I doubt that as well. Barron will be an all around player and pro bowler in the future.

The read option will not make it. RGIII has gotten hurt several times with it. Russell Wilson and Colin are better about not getting hit with it. It still is going to come down to the QB making precise throws when it counts. If they can't do that then the read option doesn't work.

Still not about the read option, it's about the QB being a talented passer and oh by the way he can run as well.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 01, 2013, 08:50:52 AM

Change the scheme

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 01, 2013, 09:16:11 AM

So we drafted Barron to defend a foolish trend? I don't buy it. Starting QBs make too much money for the option to last long term. It's nothing more than this year's version of the Wildcat.

Nah I doubt that as well. Barron will be an all around player and pro bowler in the future.

The read option will not make it. RGIII has gotten hurt several times with it. Russell Wilson and Colin are better about not getting hit with it. It still is going to come down to the QB making precise throws when it counts. If they can't do that then the read option doesn't work.

Still not about the read option, it's about the QB being a talented passer and oh by the way he can run as well.

Yeah, Kaepernick and Wilson run an NFL offense with an occasional option play just to keep the defense honest. I can see that sticking around. However, running the option on over 50% of your plays like the Redskins.....no way. Never going to stick in the NFL. It's a gimmick and gimmicks don't last.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 01, 2013, 09:32:17 AM

Dominik is a Whoopi Goldberg fan.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 01, 2013, 10:06:10 AM

Should have taken Aaron Rodgers.

xd, thanks for telling how it is.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 01, 2013, 10:10:22 AM

Should have taken Russell Wilson to replace Freeman.   Could have traded down in the first and taken a better safety in Harrison Smith then picked up Russell Wilson in the 3rd with the extra picks.   Instead they are stuck with Lemon Barron.

No worries.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 01, 2013, 10:12:51 AM

Should have taken Russell Wilson to replace Freeman.   Could have traded down in the first and taken a better safety in Harrison Smith then picked up Russell Wilson in the 3rd with the extra picks.   Instead they are stuck with Lemon Barron.

No worries.

We are 'stuck' with Lemon Barron AND Freeman.

Mateen

Starter

#25 : February 01, 2013, 10:19:34 AM

Should have taken Harrison Smith if they wanted a safety.

Stop posting here. Drink bleach.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 01, 2013, 10:21:46 AM

Well, we sure do know how to stop the run unfortunately, read option plays are few and far between.  Like someone said..a.fad...like the wildcat.

In a league where teams pass like never before MAYBE JUST MAYBE we should try to concetrate on stopping the PASS!!!!!

Just a thought...

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 01, 2013, 10:38:06 AM

Well, we sure do know how to stop the run unfortunately, read option plays are few and far between.  Like someone said..a.fad...like the wildcat.

In a league where teams pass like never before MAYBE JUST MAYBE we should try to concetrate on stopping the PASS!!!!!

Just a thought...

Yup the 49ers and Ravens are passing teams  ::)

Mateen

Starter

#28 : February 01, 2013, 10:56:07 AM

KiiNT?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 01, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

Of course not. He's just a useful player in that situation.

I do think it's somewhere in between the "future of football" and the "wildcat." The wildcat became ineffective almost immediately.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "If you're still wondering why the Bucs drafted Mark Barron" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools