Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "If you're still wondering why the Bucs drafted Mark Barron" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#45 : February 01, 2013, 07:03:25 PM

Well, we sure do know how to stop the run unfortunately, read option plays are few and far between.  Like someone said..a.fad...like the wildcat.

In a league where teams pass like never before MAYBE JUST MAYBE we should try to concetrate on stopping the PASS!!!!!

Just a thought...

Yup the 49ers and Ravens are passing teams  ::)

Ravens had the 15th ranked passing offense and 11th ranked run offense. Pretty balanced.

49ers were very balanced too before Kaepernick took over. Now they are a run first team because of Kaepernick's tendency to rack up 100+ rush yards per game.

I think the 49ers were a run first team with Alex who doesn't have the best arm. With Kaepernick the offense got another runner to force teams to stop the run first. I doubt anybody would mistake the Ravens and 49ers as pass happy teams.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#46 : February 01, 2013, 07:29:47 PM

They drafted him, because he knocks the sh** out of players.

Which is illegal in the NFL now.....so flawed logic maybe eh?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : February 01, 2013, 07:34:42 PM

I think the 49ers were a run first team with Alex who doesn't have the best arm. With Kaepernick the offense got another runner to force teams to stop the run first. I doubt anybody would mistake the Ravens and 49ers as pass happy teams.

49ers...probably not.

The Ravens? Meh. Every week for the past three years the same old thing is said. "Stop throwing so much and run Ray Rice!!!!!" because they are a pass first team. People want them to be a run first team, but they aren't. They go as far as Flacco takes them.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#48 : February 01, 2013, 07:42:26 PM

Should have taken Harrison Smith if they wanted a safety.

You right about DAT!!!.

Thanks man.   I know.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#49 : February 01, 2013, 07:43:33 PM

We are 'stuck' with Lemon Barron AND Freeman.

That does suck.   

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 01, 2013, 07:54:27 PM

49ers...probably not.

The Ravens? Meh. Every week for the past three years the same old thing is said. "Stop throwing so much and run Ray Rice!!!!!" because they are a pass first team. People want them to be a run first team, but they aren't. They go as far as Flacco takes them.

I believe that can be said about any team when it comes to the QB position. A lot of fans want more Ray because Flacco isn't the best QB, he's solid but not Rodgers/Brady/Manning. Being a run first team got them to the SB this year. Another reason why Raven fans screamed for more Ray Rice. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 01, 2013, 07:54:53 PM

your mom sucks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#52 : February 01, 2013, 08:02:54 PM

Yea but they are still getting hit and these guys don't **CENSORED** around. I think it would be cool if it lived on honestly. I've always liked college football because of its creativity with these athletes. So I do hope it thrives in NFL. I just see them get lit up and think they are gonna get injured sometime if they take that kind of hit again. Maybe I'm just underestimating their toughness. RG3 is a tough sob. I don't know how many of those hits he can take.

RG3 is kinda thin......wiry like Randall Cunningham. Cam, Kap and even Wilson have thicker builds and Kap and Wilson play much smarter than Griffin.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

HolyBuc

Starter
#53 : February 01, 2013, 08:04:44 PM

Yea but they are still getting hit and these guys don't **CENSORED** around. I think it would be cool if it lived on honestly. I've always liked college football because of its creativity with these athletes. So I do hope it thrives in NFL. I just see them get lit up and think they are gonna get injured sometime if they take that kind of hit again. Maybe I'm just underestimating their toughness. RG3 is a tough sob. I don't know how many of those hits he can take.

RG3 is kinda thin......wiry like Randall Cunningham. Cam, Kap and even Wilson have thicker builds and Kap and Wilson play much smarter than Griffin.

^^^^^This

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#54 : February 01, 2013, 08:16:00 PM

He was penalized for that hit, which is absolutely absurd.

My throat was sore for a few days after that call.

Turn the page.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 01, 2013, 09:32:54 PM

I think the scheme stays around for awhile.  There is no shortage of run/pass QB's coming out of college.  And as Nubcake pointed out, its a different game now, where the QB is protected more than years ago.  I am sure those coaches are telling their QB's to use the slide whenever possible.

Left Coast Harbough has done a nice job.  He basically took Singletarys 6-10 team and turned them into a powerhouse, over the last 2 years.

And any coach who can make Josh Johnson look like a superstar, deserves props.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#56 : February 02, 2013, 02:49:22 AM

if the internet were around at the time, i bet all the self proclaimed couch coaches here would have declared the forward pass just a fad that would be gone before the following season finished heh

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#57 : February 02, 2013, 03:39:34 AM

if the internet were around at the time, i bet all the self proclaimed couch coaches here would have declared the forward pass just a fad that would be gone before the following season finished heh

Logged in just to do this:

+1

gone

Hall of Famer
#58 : February 03, 2013, 01:26:04 AM

Pretty sure nobody here proclaims themselves a "couch coach".

gone

Hall of Famer
#59 : February 03, 2013, 01:26:23 AM

Logged in just to do this:

+1

Shouldn't have wasted your time.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "If you're still wondering why the Bucs drafted Mark Barron" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools