Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dave Wannstedt to be Special Teams Cordinator « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 02, 2013, 09:44:31 AM

He did coach Revis in college...so there's that.  He was also just the DC for Jarius Byrd.  Gotta love the offseason.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 02, 2013, 10:52:24 AM

Read today that he's never been a ST coordinator.   WtF?

You have to be joking?  I have more doubts about Schiano now than mid way through the season. 

Makes little sense.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 02, 2013, 11:02:10 AM

You have to be joking?  I have more doubts about Schiano now than mid way through the season. 

Makes little sense.

You don't think a Former NFL HC and Superbowl winning DC can serve as a ST Coordinator?  Seriously?

ccch

Rookie

#33 : February 02, 2013, 11:19:28 AM

Having a Staff with fomer head coaches and coordinators can only help.  Their experience and leadership should help the overall health of the program.  Also, Wannstedt doesn't need the money so he his doing this for the love of football.  He character is unquestionalble and fits in the type of people Schiano wants in this program.  He has no ego problem.  I think it's nothing but a win situation and we are lucky to have Wannstedt on our staff.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 02, 2013, 11:58:24 AM

Makes little sense.

You don't think a Former NFL HC and Superbowl winning DC can serve as a ST Coordinator?  Seriously?

Seriously.  I have no idea.  Just because he was a head coach and a DC?  What does that have anything to do with running STs?  SERIOUSLY?  SO you think because he was a head coach he will be good at any coordinator or position coach?  LOL.  Some of you would defend anything or anyone no matter what.

PS He sucked as a head coach.  And he has little ST experience. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 02, 2013, 01:08:27 PM

some were upset that schiano hired a guy from maine.  some are upset that schiano hired a former HC.  yet who did they want?  who is that mysterious best ever ST coach who is just waiting, biding his time for a TB offer?

anomaly - you dont think HC's are involved in ST's?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 02, 2013, 01:10:09 PM

Not terribly impressed.... but at least there's an in house option should Sheridan not get his shlt together

-------------------------------------------------------

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 02, 2013, 01:23:58 PM

Not terribly impressed....

serious question...is it possible to be impressed by a ST coaching hire?

can anyone name 3 current ST's coaches?

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 02, 2013, 01:24:09 PM

Even Raheem would have succeeded in Dallas with that roster.....this hire smells a little fishy. But I guess they all can't be studs like Byner, Cox, Bostad and Fleck...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 02, 2013, 01:24:30 PM

Makes little sense.

Seriously.  I have no idea.

You're right.  You don't have any idea if you don't think Wanny is qualified to be a frickin' ST Coach in the NFL.  Cluelessness runs rampant.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 02, 2013, 01:25:32 PM

I am glad there is an experienced football mind stalking the sidelines.

And I laughed when I read he "derailed" the Fish, according to some of their fanbase.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#41 : February 02, 2013, 01:26:52 PM

Not terribly impressed....

serious question...is it possible to be impressed by a ST coaching hire?

can anyone name 3 current ST's coaches?

Bisacia, Legeshesky, and Wannsedt......:)

Yeah, too lazy to look up spelling for a quick joke...

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 02, 2013, 01:35:31 PM

You're right.  You don't have any idea if you don't think Wanny is qualified to be a frickin' ST Coach in the NFL.  Cluelessness runs rampant.

Yeah, you are clueless.  What makes Dave such a great hire?  I haven't seen or read any good reasons so far.  He flat out sucked as a head coach.  Got ran from his Alma Mater.  But CLUE us all in....lol....you can't.  This I have to hear.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 02, 2013, 01:47:25 PM

what makes any coach a great hire?  timing? players?  situation?  luck?

no one knows if wannstedt will be a great hire, an average hire, or a crummy hire.  but he brings a ton of NFL experience, which our fan base complains of religiously.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 02, 2013, 02:19:26 PM

no one knows if wannstedt will be a great hire, an average hire, or a crummy hire.  but he brings a ton of NFL experience, which our fan base complains of religiously.

Certain dips***s, like The Anomaly, are going are obviously going whine, whether the ST was one of Schiano's Rutgers buddies or a former NFL HC/Superbowl winning DC.
: February 02, 2013, 04:13:18 PM Biggs3535

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dave Wannstedt to be Special Teams Cordinator « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools