Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dave Wannstedt to be Special Teams Cordinator « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#75 : February 05, 2013, 07:27:40 AM

A chimp could coach ST's ....relax anomaly.

Oh....the complexity !!!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#76 : February 05, 2013, 01:59:56 PM

I know who Armstrong is, but I'm not sure I understand the point. He's not available as far as I know, unless you are replacing Schiano with him.

I don't doubt that most successful special teams coaches have specific attributes. But it's also my sense that lots of HC's have all or most of those skills. The thing is, Schiano is in position to assess whether Wanny does or doesn't have that skill set - he's coached with, he's coached against him, he's talked to people that coached with him (two Buc assistants were on Wanny's Pitt staff). 

Your argument, essentially, is that he doesn't have the skill set because you can't find evidence of it.

You then take that conclusion to argue that his hiring as ST coordinator really means he's here to replace Sheridan. So Schiano is suddenly gun-shy about replacing people he thinks aren't cutting it? He wasn't with any number of players, or with two coaches. Occam's razor.

Also, it should be "raises the question" - begging the question means something different.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#77 : February 05, 2013, 02:55:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that being a decent STs guy takes a particular skill set.

Does that skill-set differ from a Superbowl winning Defensive Coordinator and/or NFL HC?  And If so, how?

I'm sure nothing but quality answers will follow.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#78 : February 05, 2013, 08:54:43 PM

Does that skill-set differ from a Superbowl winning Defensive Coordinator and/or NFL HC?  And If so, how?

So "Superbowl winning" qualifies you for anything?  How many DC's become OC's?  Or vice versa?  Freaking none.  Don't even bother.  You're an idiot of ridiculous proportions.  Welcome to ignore.  See ya loser.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#79 : February 06, 2013, 10:26:41 AM

So "Superbowl winning" qualifies you for anything?  How many DC's become OC's?  Or vice versa?  Freaking none.  Don't even bother.  You're an idiot of ridiculous proportions.  Welcome to ignore.  See ya loser.

lolz, it's crystal clear that you have absolutely zero idea regarding the responsibilities of a Special Teams Coach.  Multiple posters have tried to dumb it down for you, Captain Clueless, but you're still not catching on. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#80 : February 06, 2013, 10:37:46 AM

lolz, it's crystal clear that you have absolutely zero idea regarding the responsibilities of a Special Teams Coach.  Multiple posters have tried to dumb it down for you, Captain Clueless, but you're still not catching on.

Might need to break out the crayons and construction paper.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#81 : February 06, 2013, 10:44:23 AM

First of all, Landry did both - made his bones as a DC in NY then turned to offensive innovations in Dallas.

Regardless, I don't think there is a person on the board who would be fine with Wannstadt becoming the OC. So get a grip. He's going to be a ST coach, where the number and variety of plays is incredibly limited, where there's no real scheme to implement, nor playbook to learn.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#82 : February 06, 2013, 01:56:51 PM

I think Schiano is getting as many senior heads in the coaching staff as possible. By the way, they can also help with recruiting free agents.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#83 : October 25, 2013, 03:40:23 PM

Updating, the special teams unit is playing pretty well:

The Bucs are 7th in punt return average allowed and 9th in kickoff return average allowed.
The Bucs are 12th in punt return average and 7th in kickoff return average.

Captain Clueless lives.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#84 : October 25, 2013, 03:45:59 PM

Hmmmm. Is Eric Page on the "Tank for Teddy" crew?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#85 : October 25, 2013, 04:03:01 PM

The Bucs are 7th in punt return average allowed and 9th in kickoff return average allowed.

Captain Clueless lives.

You went all the way back to February . . . to find one of your posts . . .   to make a point about . . . .  special teams (on an 0-7 team) . . .and a comment made by Anomaly? Actually, by you? You did all that to say "hey, look I'm right!"? Really?

wow . .  . . roflmao . . . .
: October 25, 2013, 04:05:54 PM VinBucFan

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#86 : October 25, 2013, 04:09:44 PM

You went all the way back to February . . . to find one of your posts . . .   to make a point about . . . .  special teams (on an 0-7 team) . . .and a comment made by Anomaly? Actually, by you? You did all that to say "hey, look I'm right!"? Really?

Yes, I time-traveled all the way back.  It was very taxing, VincentPaulBIII.

I'm waiting until the end of the year to bump your stupidity regarding Bennett/Bowers.  Or would you like some of it now, Counselor?  With you being wrong as much as anybody on here, I can find plenty of Schiano and Dominik leg-humping of yours if you would like to be served some it now.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#87 : October 25, 2013, 04:22:03 PM

Yes, I time-traveled all the way back.  It was very taxing, VincentPaulBIII.

I'm waiting until the end of the year to bump your stupidity regarding Bennett/Bowers.  Or would you like some of it now, Counselor?  With you being wrong as much as anybody on here, I can find plenty of Schiano and Dominik leg-humping of yours if you would like to be served some it now.

Buggsy, think about it for a second (or get someone who can think to explain it to you) . .  . could you possibly display anymore insecurity?  Seriously?

No wonder you run around **CENSORED**ing about the search feature .  .lmao . how else can you prove to everyone else how "smart" this anonymous character Buggsy is . .  .good God  . . . you are one funny creature . . .bump on MacDuff . .  whatever gives you confidence  (lmao)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#88 : October 25, 2013, 04:25:55 PM

Am I insecure, VincentPaul?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#89 : October 25, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

Am I insecure, VincentPaul?

Hard to say #slugger . .  but I think you were NOT "Captain Clueless" . .  . . about special teams . . .  in February

Captain Clueless lives.

:-[
: October 25, 2013, 04:29:21 PM VinBucFan

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dave Wannstedt to be Special Teams Cordinator « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools