Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dave Wannstedt to be Special Teams Cordinator « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #45 : February 02, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »

Not terribly impressed....

serious question...is it possible to be impressed by a ST coaching hire?

can anyone name 3 current ST's coaches?

Other than Bisaccia or Bobby April, nope. And i typed "not terribly impressed" because some are acting like this guy is some type of messiah.... which i definitely don't see. Could be wrong though, only time will tell.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #46 : February 02, 2013, 03:39:04 PM »

no one knows if wannstedt will be a great hire, an average hire, or a crummy hire.  but he brings a ton of NFL experience, which our fan base complains of religiously.

Certain dips***s, like The Anomaly, are going are obviously going whine, whether the ST was one of Schiano's Rutgers buddys or a former NFL HC/Superbowl winning DC.

If he was named DC I would be okay with it.  The dude is 60 and never once coached STs.  How is that a good hire?  You would say it was a good hire regardless because you are a sheep...a lemming...

I say again...what does NFL HC or DC have to do with special teams?  I'm still waiting for your answer.  It must be from WATCHING special teams from the sideline or at practice?  LOL.  You are one sorry **CENSORED**.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #47 : February 02, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »

" Wannstedt did take a hands-on role in running the special teams during his time as head coach at the University of Pittsburgh from 2005 to 2010. Schiano was the head coach at Rutgers at that time and coached against Wannstedt every year, and he was apparently impressed enough with Pittsburgh’s special teams to give Wannstedt a job coaching the special teams in Tampa"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/01/bucs-hire-dave-wannstedt-as-special-teams-coach/

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #48 : February 02, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »

no one knows if wannstedt will be a great hire, an average hire, or a crummy hire.  but he brings a ton of NFL experience, which our fan base complains of religiously.

Certain dips***s, like The Anomaly, are going are obviously going whine, whether the ST was one of Schiano's Rutgers buddys or a former NFL HC/Superbowl winning DC.

If he was named DC I would be okay with it.  The dude is 60 and never once coached STs.  How is that a good hire?  You would say it was a good hire regardless because you are a sheep...a lemming...

I say again...what does NFL HC or DC have to do with special teams?  I'm still waiting for your answer.  It must be from WATCHING special teams from the sideline or at practice?  LOL.  You are one sorry **CENSORED**.
It's special teams, Jesus. It's not like we made him GM. Thinking a former head coach and good DC isn't capable of running special teams is laughable. If anything, he's over-qualified. You would have been whining with whoever they named ST coach. Just complaining to complain.
« : February 02, 2013, 04:14:26 PM youngone »

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #49 : February 02, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »

It's patently obvious you have no effin' clue what it takes to be a Special Teams Coordinator.

And LMFAO and me being a sheep/lemming, Captain Clueless.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #50 : February 02, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »

" Wannstedt did take a hands-on role in running the special teams during his time as head coach at the University of Pittsburgh from 2005 to 2010. Schiano was the head coach at Rutgers at that time and coached against Wannstedt every year, and he was apparently impressed enough with Pittsburgh’s special teams to give Wannstedt a job coaching the special teams in Tampa"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/01/bucs-hire-dave-wannstedt-as-special-teams-coach/

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings?doWhat=archive&sportCode=MFB

Holy crap their STs sucked when he was there.  They had one decent season on STs.  Most in the 60's-80's and once DEAD last in a STs category.

If he had a hands-on role we're screwed b/c their STs sucked.  Nice hire.  I'm sure b/c its so easy that a NFL HC/DC should have great college STs, right?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #51 : February 02, 2013, 04:57:20 PM »

My thoughts are that a good coach doesn't bounce around, taking demotions in the process. But that's just me.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #52 : February 02, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »

My thoughts are that a good coach doesn't bounce around, taking demotions in the process. But that's just me.

Marinelli is , but everyone still calls him a good coach.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #53 : February 02, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »

I don't get some of you guys, the last ST coach wasn't that earth shatteringly great and yet you are more upset by a coach with experience in the NFL taking over the position. How about we actually let the guy have some time to do his job before we herd him out of town.......

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #54 : February 02, 2013, 05:31:57 PM »

I don't get some of you guys, the last ST coach wasn't that earth shatteringly great and yet you are more upset by a coach with experience in the NFL taking over the position. How about we actually let the guy have some time to do his job before we herd him out of town.......

Who's upset?

howler09

Second String
« #55 : February 02, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »

here's something else to think about....beside the schiano link to wannestadt......there is also the wannestadt and butch davis link  from the past too?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #56 : February 02, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »

Good hire, and they may have plans for him later on.  Beyond special teams I am sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #57 : February 03, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »

Who's upset?

Captain Clueless appears to be pretty upset.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #58 : February 03, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »

serious question...is it possible to be impressed by a ST coaching hire?

Summarized my thoughts on this entire process.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #59 : February 03, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »

Who's upset?

Captain Clueless appears to be pretty upset.

lil35:  I say again....did you look at Pitt's special teams stats when he was there?  They sucked.  You pretty much said it should be easy for an NFL HC/DC to run special teams, right?  You'd think that his STs would be special then.  They weren't.  But since everyone is clueless(hilarious)...why don't you explain to all of us why his special teams sucked so bad while he was in charge?  Enlighten us all....

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dave Wannstedt to be Special Teams Cordinator « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools