Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keenan Allen « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Tommy

Starter

: February 01, 2013, 09:16:13 PM

would anyone be upset if we drafted Keenan Allen in the first this year instead of a corner? I believe he is going to tear it up in the league.

RiotHeart

Starter

#1 : February 01, 2013, 09:22:54 PM

I'm sure someone, somewhere, would be upset no matter who we picked.

McCoy93

Starter

#2 : February 01, 2013, 09:45:06 PM

I don't know if he's even the top wideout in this draft. I like Patterson better. However i see some AJ Green in Allen's game and i do believe we should get a receiver who could be a #1 down the road.

Tommy

Starter

#3 : February 01, 2013, 09:50:17 PM

I see Green in this guy too, imagine fielding VJax, Williams and him. It could be amazing especially if Benn can get out there too

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 01, 2013, 10:00:48 PM

Gotta go defense.  If not the first 3-4 picks, maybe the entire draft.  Unless a really great O-lineman fell into their laps in round one.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tommy

Starter

#5 : February 01, 2013, 10:21:04 PM

Gotta go defense.  If not the first 3-4 picks, maybe the entire draft.  Unless a really great O-lineman fell into their laps in round one.
[/quote

I agree we need defense but I am not really sold on any of the corners this year and I think our line is decent if we get Bennett back and sign some depth for both lines.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 01, 2013, 11:09:58 PM

If we go out and sign some good players in FA for our defense I wouldn't be opposed to going BPA in the draft. If he is that guy he would help our team out.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 01, 2013, 11:42:47 PM

To completely pass up on our other weak spots, he better be Calvin Johnson AJ Green good, but if they deem him hands down BPA then I wouldn't be too upset.

Edit: I'm changing my mind, I would be upset because I think Cordarrelle Patterson is the better receiver.
: February 02, 2013, 12:13:25 AM youngone

Tommy

Starter

#8 : February 02, 2013, 12:04:54 AM

Allen looks like a special player but I am not a scout or anything. I am just a firm believer of drafting BPA and not falling in love with a mediocre player for need. If e could scoop up a player like AJ Green instead of a player like Mike Jenkins. I applaud Atlanta for doing this with Julio Jones a few years back now.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 02, 2013, 12:46:00 AM

If we go out and sign some good players in FA for our defense I wouldn't be opposed to going BPA in the draft.

They would have to be the top tier FA's though. If not, drafting a corner would still be in question.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Tommy

Starter

#10 : February 02, 2013, 12:50:42 AM

If we go out and sign some good players in FA for our defense I wouldn't be opposed to going BPA in the draft.

They would have to be the top tier FA's though. If not, drafting a corner would still be in question.
[/quote
I agree that we need to upgrade our CBs but I think we can snag some players in the 2nd or 3rd for that. Millner, banks and Rhodes aren't studs, let the other teams blow their load on them and let's beef our team up

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 02, 2013, 01:24:38 AM

I see elite potential in him in his 2011 highlights. I'm not sure what exactly happened in 2012 but his team went 3-12 and he put up crappy numbers and was hurt for the last few games. Pretty bad campaign overall. He's big as **CENSORED** though an would give Freeman another target to throw lob balls up too like he likes doing. Him, Tavon Austin or Patterson along with a new TE would give us one HELL of an offense. My god.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 02, 2013, 03:27:17 AM

[/quote
I agree that we need to upgrade our CBs but I think we can snag some players in the 2nd or 3rd for that. Millner, banks and Rhodes aren't studs, let the other teams blow their load on them and let's beef our team up

I believe that out of all the top draft CBs Banks has the potential to be the next Revis. The injury thing is the issue I'm worried about for him.

Anyhow, I would be more than happy with either of the three top corners, but out of the three, banks and milliner are the best fit for the bucs. I guess it depends on what Rhodes 40 time is. If he's faster than we think, then his stock will rise. The guy is very athletic though.

As per the topic, Allen is overkill. We've seen this offense use the slot with Underwood(whom isn't exactly a probowler) and do well enough. If tampa shores up the pass defense, I'm almost certain we would see playoffs next season. Defense is much more important right now. If there are no good FA Cbs signed by draft, I don't care if they have to skip BPA to get a corner. As long as they get a quality corner (or two) somewhere, I'll be happy.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Tommy

Starter

#13 : February 02, 2013, 07:07:43 AM

As per the topic, Allen is overkill. We've seen this offense use the slot with Underwood(whom isn't exactly a probowler) and do well enough. If tampa shores up the pass defense, I'm almost certain we would see playoffs next season. Defense is much more important right now. If there are no good FA Cbs signed by draft, I don't care if they have to skip BPA to get a corner. As long as they get a quality corner (or two) somewhere, I'll be happy.
[/quote].
We definitely need to get  at least one starting caliber CB this offseason but I am not sold on the top 3 right now. I am a FSU fan and I think Rhodes is not going to transition well in the NFL. If we can pick up a decent corner in FA and draft one that can start in the round 2/3 we should be good to go. Then grab a stud lineman or WR in the 1st, which pays dividends for our team long term.  Again reference the Falcons and Julio jones analogy or the Saints and their ability to hang 21 pts on you quickly and then just sit back play patchwork D it seems like a model that works in today's league. The patriots do the same thing, their backfield is garbage but their front 7 plays ok and the offense just drops dimes on u all day.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 02, 2013, 03:49:19 PM

allen isnt a slot receiver so this is kinda of a waste. unless we plan on dealing mike williams then i dont know why we would do this. we have a bunch of needs to address and it seems like every year there are 5 high-elite level receivers coming out
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keenan Allen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools