Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Freeman Makes Sense For Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Arizona Cardinals « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 02, 2013, 10:31:45 AM

Absolutely dreadful on all counts. The only thing that would have made this article worse were the author to suggest we get Java's boy Timmy in free agency or trade.

geetech84

Starter

#16 : February 02, 2013, 10:46:57 AM

Freeman is worth far more than the article is suggesting in trade.

Yep, specially to a team that has no quarterback, and knowing that this year draft sucks when it comes to quarterbacks..

Freeman, has great numbers for a young QB..He is smart, then what people give him credit for. He is a hard worker, and heck he just turn 25.. and already  been through alot of ups and down. His first couple years, no real coaching, " A coach that knows how to play to his strength"

I would hate to trade him, "I have a feeling it will set back the Bucs" I really believe, keep building the offense, get a stud TE maybe two..Get a real slot WR..maybe a Vet slot Wr Get a RT either in FA or draft..and build up the defense too thru FA and draft.."Need more vets on defense to help the young guys out"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 02, 2013, 10:48:43 AM

If he's traded, this team will regress substantially. Josh has developed such great chemistry with VJax and Mike Williams, and getting rid of him would throw that all away. We'd be stuck with a lower-tier free agent QB, like Alex smith, who is much worse than Freeman.

He hasn't developed chemistry. he's figured out that his low talent self best just chuck it up in the general area of those two guys and pray they make a catch.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 02, 2013, 10:50:36 AM

Freeman is worth far more than the article is suggesting in trade.

He's worth more than an early 2nd and early 4th round pick? I doubt it...maybe a 2nd and 3rd, but you aren't getting a 1st rounder unless it's a late 1st rounder for him. I do agree that he has great, great chemistry with VJax and Mike Williams but as said by JDouble....if this isn't the guy that Schiano wants as his quarterback this would be the offseason to trade him. Alex **CENSORED**ing Smith and Matt Moore are the two most desirable quarterback candidates on the market this offseason and the QB draft class looks awful. We could possibly have two 2nd rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders all together if we were to trade him. We could make significant upgrades to a lot of areas of our football team if we did that, and ride it out with Smith or Moore as our quarterback for a year til we find their replacement next year.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 02, 2013, 11:46:24 AM

I say let him run his contract out.

We should get a fairly good comp pick, and by the time we know Freeman is, or is not the long-term solution, we'll have a draft right after the season that is full of possible great/good QB's.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 02, 2013, 11:47:23 AM

Using the Pythagorean theorem, the Bucs were on the level of a 7.9 win team in 2012. The premise of the article is erroneous. The Falcons will take a step backward and if the Bucs add the right pieces defensively they could easily win 10 games. And yes, for a second and fourth, you don't make this deal.

In Verner We Trust

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM

If they are serious about him not being the guy, then now is the time to get a premium pick for him...

..but no GM/HC is dumb enough to give up a ton for Freeman. There is plenty of tape that shows that he isn't worth it. The leaders of other organizations have the ability to look at more than just a stat sheet when evaluating, unlike the Freeman-slurpers.

A Freeman trade isn't happening. He will start in '13 and the same debate will be happening this time next year..
: February 02, 2013, 12:00:28 PM chace1986

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 02, 2013, 12:17:21 PM

Dominik is smarter than that. The guy who wrote that does not appear to be a serious threat to any GM's job... in ANY league...

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#23 : February 02, 2013, 12:55:24 PM

I agree with JDub in that Schiano needs to be sure that Freeman isn't his guy based on his play at the end of the season and what he sees day to day in practice and the film room.  If that's the case, they should explore trading him because his value will never be higher. 

Getting a 2nd round pick is a joke, though.  They need to look at the Cutler trade from a few years ago and start from there.  That was Orton, 2 1st's and a 3rd for Cutler and a 5th.  Freeman's stats this season were similar to Cutler's (4457 yd, 25 TD, 18 INT)  last season in Denver.  Freeman is slightly younger than Cutler was, and has more starts.  Plus Cutler was pushing for a trade, limiting Denver's leverage.  I'm not saying we'd get that much, but that trade should be the starting point for any negotiations. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 02, 2013, 01:10:14 PM

trade freeman for a 2 this year and a 1 and 3 next year.  arians get the next "rothlesberger" and gets to keep his 1st round pick to protect him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 02, 2013, 01:11:49 PM

If he's traded, this team will regress substantially. Josh has developed such great chemistry with VJax and Mike Williams, and getting rid of him would throw that all away. We'd be stuck with a lower-tier free agent QB, like Alex smith, who is much worse than Freeman.

He hasn't developed chemistry. he's figured out that his low talent self best just chuck it up in the general area of those two guys and pray they make a catch.
Sounds about right to me. 

What exactly is he going to do next season to "improve"?

Is he suddenly going to be able to throw the ball with precision?  Is he going to be able to make three reads as opposed to maybe two next year?  He is what he is. 

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 02, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

Haha, if Jay Cutler got Denver a **CENSORED**ing Pirate's head bounty, I'd expect at least the same for Freeman.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 02, 2013, 01:38:17 PM

One of the worst articles I have read this off-season so far. Author is a complete moron.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 02, 2013, 01:40:49 PM

I say trade em for a future 1st, then draft Monte Ball and run the ball 50 times a game with he and Martin...then draft John Manziel next year.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 02, 2013, 01:53:44 PM

This rookie QB class is garbage. Why is this even a thought?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Freeman Makes Sense For Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Arizona Cardinals « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools