Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin ready to rejoin "a great team" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: February 02, 2013, 12:42:07 AM

Bucs' Joseph said he's ready to go

By IRA KAUFMAN| The Tampa Tribune
Published: February 02, 2013

NEW ORLEANS --

Veteran guard Davin Joseph said Friday that he is fully recovered from a knee injury that required surgery, and he declared that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the verge of being "a great team."

Joseph tore the patellar tendon in his right knee during a preseason game and missed the 2012 season while the Bucs finished 7-9 in their first year under coach Greg Schiano.

"I was very motivated to rehab my knee, and I had a great team of people behind me," Joseph said Friday, referring to Tampa Bay's medical staff. "It was tough at the start. It was hard going from being so excited to knowing that you've got to change your mindset. Like any other challenge, you have to face it head on.

"I've always had minor issues with my patellar, and I think my right knee is stronger now than it's ever been. The first couple of days after surgery, it hurt and I wasn't happy, but I felt a real breakthrough in December."

Joseph and left tackle Donald Penn visited the Super Bowl media center Friday afternoon, stopping by Radio Row for some interviews with Tampa-area stations before appearing on a radio program broadcasting to Australia.

"I really think we're on the verge of being a great team," Joseph said. "It's about everybody coming together. We have a locker room now full of guys who love to work.

"Coach Schiano's a workaholic, and it's infectious. You've got guys who can't wait to get back to work. The building reflects our head coach."

Penn said he missed Joseph's presence, on and off the field.

"After our offensive meetings, I'd go in the training room and check on Davin every day," Penn said. "I'm excited about this team, because we were so close last year. We'll go into next season with a lot of confidence."

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 02, 2013, 12:45:31 AM

Lol... Where is Chace?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 02, 2013, 12:51:37 AM

Lol... Where is Chace?

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tommy

Starter

#3 : February 02, 2013, 12:53:08 AM

Man I can't wait to see Davin and Nicks on the field together next year

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 02, 2013, 09:02:25 AM

No doubt.  Totally agree!

Turn the page.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 02, 2013, 09:12:42 AM

"I'm excited about this team, because we were so close last year."

The only thing they were "so close" to, was a .500 record.

...and I don't know how "great" this team will be when big #75 is constantly getting pushed back and manhandled in one on one blocking situations....Zuttah will have help out quite a bit.

Lol... Where is Chace?

Lol. Was only a matter of time...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 02, 2013, 09:36:52 AM

Lol... Where is Chace?

LOL

You mean that genius who thinks Meredith is as good or better than Joseph ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 02, 2013, 10:19:04 AM

...and I don't know how "great" this team will be when big #75 is constantly getting pushed back and manhandled in one on one blocking situations....Zuttah will have help out quite a bit.

Lol... Where is Chace?

I know. The name Davin Joseph is like your bat signal.

Davin is the man! ;D I gotta defend him for at least one more year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 02, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Lol... Where is Chace?

I know. The name Davin Joseph is like your bat signal.

Davin is the man! ;D I gotta defend him for at least one more year.

Lol @ bat signal. Good stuff. Davin isn't a bad player. He is just a middle of the pack G who happens to get paid way too much, is aging, and has trouble staying healthy. Hopefully he plays like he did 4-5 years ago again in '13. None will be happier than I, if he does.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 02, 2013, 10:47:40 AM

Me too that way all the nimrods on the board can see what a good OG looks like and what an inconsistent pile of crap looks like in comparison. Davin should just wear a ski mask all the time for the way he's stolen money from this team.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 02, 2013, 11:16:47 AM

Me too that way all the nimrods on the board can see what a good OG looks like and what an inconsistent pile of crap looks like in comparison. Davin should just wear a ski mask all the time for the way he's stolen money from this team.

At least he works for it unlike Clayton.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 02, 2013, 11:37:44 AM

Lol'd at that one.

He could play terrible, and people will still hold in high regard for some stupid reason.

People. Re-watch the games from the last 3-4 years...dude gets manhandled pretty often. He has not played like a top 10 G since the end of '07. He slowly digressed since his preseason foot injury in '08.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 02, 2013, 11:54:32 AM

Lol Cut my man Davin some slack bro. He's played between suck 1 and suck 2 his whole career, he's due a break. I don't think he's great and he's overpaid a little but he's a good player and should be back unless we get Muffintop.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 03, 2013, 09:43:57 AM

None will be happier than I, if he does.

You're full of chit.

These type of threads are why this is a bottom 5 fanbase. Good home grown player? Let's rag on him!

Fawking idiots.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 03, 2013, 09:49:38 AM

You are just too much of a nitwit to recognize that criticism and hate don't always have to be tied together.

I feel the same way about Freeman. If Davin and Freeman play consistent football at a high level...then that will help contribute to more Bucs wins...why wouldn't I want that?

I'm just not a blind homer who sugar coats the play that the players actually are putting "on tape".

People like yourself are just as bad for the fanbase as the haters.
: February 03, 2013, 10:56:02 AM chace1986

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin ready to rejoin "a great team" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools