Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall of Fame Class of 2013 Announcement at 5:30PM EST (Warren Sapp IN!!!) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

apkbuc

Practice Squad

#30 : February 02, 2013, 06:13:49 PM

BOOOOOOOOM!!!! Sapp baby! Greatest DTackle of all time!

I can't say this straight up... there are different types of defensive tackles, expected to do different things on the field.  For instance, you can't compare Warren to the Nose tackle in a 3-4 (or even the nose tackle in a 4-3!).  Nor can you compare him to a 3-4 defensive end (which is more like a defensive tackle than a 4-3 defensive end... and warren was barely average the seasons he played 3-4 end in Oakland).  Heck, you can't compare Warren to any sort of defensive tackle in a 2-gap scheme.

But what you can compare Warren to is any defensive tackle who played "under-tackle" in a 4-3 single gap system.  He's THE prototype for this player.  He's the standard.  He has the best first step I have EVER seen on a tackle.  His first step is speed rush defensive end quality.  And he had moves!  His bull rush, his swim move, his rip... he could beat you with all three.  In fact, his down seasons following shoulder issues came undoubtedly because he lost some of the oomph on his swim and rip moves (the season after he got his shoulder cleaned out was his 10 sack domination in oakland).

Athletically, he was a once in generation player.  If he had never switched to tackle at miami, I believe he would have been one of the best all round tight ends in football.

I was lucky enough to see him play highschool ball back in Apopka.  I remember him attending playoff games in 2001 when his old highschool team won the state title (he bought all the players rings).  I'm very happy for Warren, he deserved this 100%.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 02, 2013, 06:14:14 PM

Been planning this for a while... i'm there!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 02, 2013, 06:15:11 PM

IMO, Sapp is the best/most disruptive DT ever so I'm not sure why the debate if he should've been 1st ballot or not...I know a lot of politics goes into the voting, but he got in 1st ballot as he deserved.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 02, 2013, 06:16:30 PM

Also I am happy the committee finally put Chris Carter in the HOF where he belongs. 

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 02, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Also I am happy the committee finally put Chris Carter in the HOF where he belongs.

Yea, that one was strange to me as well...not sure why he didn't get in sooner.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 02, 2013, 06:18:29 PM

That!!!

Best hands i've EVER seen!!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 02, 2013, 06:21:03 PM

..and FEET on the sidelines.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 02, 2013, 06:27:00 PM

..and FEET on the sidelines.

no doubt

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 02, 2013, 06:27:59 PM

Now who is going to Canton with me to see him enshrined in person!!
I already live in the area.
If anyone wants any areas to stay in and not to stay in, PM me. Canton is a very unsafe city to be in.

apkbuc

Practice Squad

#39 : February 02, 2013, 06:28:26 PM

If you have NFL network, Warren is going to be on shortly and they will air a little highlight video.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 02, 2013, 06:35:15 PM

Congrats big fella!!!

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 02, 2013, 06:38:10 PM

I guess we know who should be the next inductee into the Buccaneer ROH

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 02, 2013, 06:38:35 PM

From NFL.com article:

"Sapp, now an NFL Network analyst, was another first time inductee. He changed the game by wreaking havoc on opposing offenses from the interior line. Ultimately, it looks like Sapp's inclusion into the Hall of Fame this year knocked Strahan off the list. "

It is really satisfying that Sapp got in and Strahan needs to wait around another year, at least.  Maybe Brett Favre will lay down on the ground for him next year in a plea to get him in.  HA! Damn it feels good to be a Buccaneer!

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#43 : February 02, 2013, 06:43:45 PM

Awesome! Can't wait so see him on NFL network.

apkbuc

Practice Squad

#44 : February 02, 2013, 06:45:59 PM

Chris Carter cried openly when he was brought on the stage.  It was very touching.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall of Fame Class of 2013 Announcement at 5:30PM EST (Warren Sapp IN!!!) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools