Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keenan Allen « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 02, 2013, 04:45:09 PM

Pending on what happens in free agency, I'm all in favor of taking Allen.  Having 3 great passing targets is never a bad thing, especially in a league where injuries are expected.  If Williams or Jackson gets hurt, I have absolutely no faith what-so-ever in any other receiver on this roster to step in and produce adequately.  Also, I believe Williams is a solid receiver - a really good #2, but if after this season, he wants #1 receiver money... the Bucs will be in position to trade him and still have 2 quality WR's on the roster.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 02, 2013, 06:02:04 PM

allen isnt a slot receiver so this is kinda of a waste. unless we plan on dealing mike williams then i dont know why we would do this. we have a bunch of needs to address and it seems like every year there are 5 high-elite level receivers coming out

This is why I think Austin or Patterson would be the more logical WR pick by the Bucs if we're bringing fit into play. I'm not sure if Allen would be the right fit if we plan on keeping Mike Williams next year.

McCoy93

Starter

#17 : February 02, 2013, 06:08:34 PM

Patterson is very raw; so i could see him fitting in as a slot for now; but 2 years down the line i could see him evolve into a #1

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 02, 2013, 09:35:37 PM

allen isnt a slot receiver so this is kinda of a waste. unless we plan on dealing mike williams then i dont know why we would do this. we have a bunch of needs to address and it seems like every year there are 5 high-elite level receivers coming out

NFL Draft Profiles: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/keenan-allen?id=2540154
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Long-legged, reliable No. 1 receiver prospect. Runs solid slants, crossers, speed outs and vertical routes. Good height to win jump balls downfield, will attack the ball in the air with his hands and has good ball skills overall. Lines up in the slot regularly, can get off press with a quick shake at the line and uses his frame to block out smaller corners. Eats up ground quickly on his vertical stems. Agile and physical ball carrier after the catch, can make the first man miss with a quick cut or spin away from tackle attempts, maintaining his balance to continue downfield. Also runs through smaller corners to pick up a few extra yards. Gets down quickly for low throws despite his height. Aware receiver who uses his hands to create space from defenders downfield and gives his quarterback a target when in scramble mode. Good hip flexibility, as he sinks low into his routes and bursts out of the break.

McCoy93

Starter

#19 : February 02, 2013, 10:08:58 PM

One injury too VJ or Mike williams and all of sudden we look thin at wideout. I'm sure sullivan could find ways to get Allen the ball. He came from a team that used Nicks, Victor Cru, and Mario Manningham
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keenan Allen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools