Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke Kuechly: NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : February 03, 2013, 12:02:49 PM

If you we're GM you would have gone after Tebow

So true.   If they had Tebow, I would have drafted Lavonte David with that pick rather than Russell Wilson.     

TomRiddle

Starter

#16 : February 03, 2013, 12:03:26 PM

Luke Kuechly!! Where's my epic Luke Kuechly thread? I said, we should have drafted him. I said he would be a top 10 draft pick. I convince about a quarter of this board to accept that he would be a great pick. I said, he was a top 10 talent. I said, he would be a great leader for this defense.

My first 3 picks from last years draft:

1 Kuechly
2 Martin
3 David

And now, defensive rookie of the year.

Reflect...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 03, 2013, 12:05:21 PM

Luke Kuechly!! Where's my epic Luke Kuechly thread? I said, we should have drafted him. I said he would be a top 10 draft pick. I convince about a quarter of this board to accept that he would be a great pick. I said, he was a top 10 talent. I said, he would be a great leader for this defense.

My first 3 picks from last years draft:

1 Kuechly
2 Martin
3 David

And now, defensive rookie of the year.

Reflect...

I wish you were the Bucs GM.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 03, 2013, 12:06:53 PM

Kuechly and David wouldve been a nice duo for the next 10-15 years, o well. Maybe Barron will turn into that Pro Bowl safety Mayock was talking about.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 03, 2013, 02:34:30 PM

It was a tough call between Kuechly and Barron in the first round. Realistically though, we had zilch at S before the draft and had a rare shot at a top safety. We weren't near as bad off at LB as S.
    LOL; if Beason doesn't get hurt, doubt Kuechly gets the award, as he was struggling at OLB before they moved him to Beason's spot at MLB, his natural position...
    Guess the committee didn't look at solo tackles that close...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 03, 2013, 03:06:25 PM

Kuechly and David wouldve been a nice duo for the next 10-15 years,

Yep.    The drafting of Foster has set this team back years.   Kind of like the drafting of Freeman.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 03, 2013, 03:30:39 PM

What happens to Beason?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 03, 2013, 03:49:59 PM

Good point.   Beason would be a huge upgrade from Foster.

RiotHeart

Starter

#23 : February 03, 2013, 03:55:09 PM

Ruud had plenty of shared tackles too.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 03, 2013, 04:02:51 PM

Yep.    The drafting of Foster has set this team back years.   Kind of like the drafting of Freeman.

....and Gaines, Clayton, Carnell, & Dexter Jackson 2.0.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 03, 2013, 04:07:55 PM

....and Gaines, Clayton, Carnell, & Dexter Jackson 2.0.
And who drafted those guys Hate? I for some reason can't remember.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 03, 2013, 04:18:29 PM

How shocking.   The guy I wanted in the first round ended up being defensive rookie of the year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134289/article/luke-kuechly-wins-defensive-rookie-of-the-year-honors

So you are saying Indy messed up, picking Luck over the ORoY ?

So you are saying we made the right move picking Caddy over Rodgers, since a Rookie of the year award outweights a Lombardi trophy and a MVP trophy?

Thats shocking for sure. I always gave Gruden credit for winning SB XXXVII, but apparently Caddy's ORoY award means alot more than one single game in SD.

replica

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 03, 2013, 04:22:23 PM

It would have been awesome to have Kuechly and David as linebackers on the same D.    The Bucs desperately need a guy like Kuechly to lead this D.   He was sitting there are their pick and they took the 2nd best safety in the draft instead.

I have to agree it would be incredible to have Kuechly & David, that's an excellent point. May have turned out a lot different for both of these guys in a negative way though, David had 2nd year Foster & veteran Black which I'm sure helped his development. Luke in Carolina had Beason I think..as far as safety I'm not sure who you would consider the best in last years draft. The QB Wilson was a steal, nobody knew what he could do in the nfl judging by where he was drafted. I certainly can't count out the fact that any QB with Lynch & that defense has a pretty good chance..

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 03, 2013, 04:22:56 PM

How shocking.   The guy I wanted in the first round ended up being defensive rookie of the year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134289/article/luke-kuechly-wins-defensive-rookie-of-the-year-honors

So you are saying Indy messed up, picking Luck over the ORoY ?

Considering Luck came in 2nd in the voting, I wouldn't say they "messed up".   Barron was NOWHERE to be seen in the voting...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 03, 2013, 04:24:37 PM

It would have been awesome to have Kuechly and David as linebackers on the same D.    The Bucs desperately need a guy like Kuechly to lead this D.   He was sitting there are their pick and they took the 2nd best safety in the draft instead.

I have to agree it would be incredible to have Kuechly & David, that's an excellent point.

the Bucs don't have any leaders like Kuechly.   He would have been a huge difference maker on the Bucs D.    Barron is nothing special.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luke Kuechly: NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools