Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#180 : February 08, 2013, 04:51:01 PM

I take and teach my kids shooting. I INSTILL in them safety and procedures. I kicked my 9 yr old off the range a month back because she was starting to show off in front of her friend. Not with a gun, but she was talking sh*t demonstrating how much she knows etc. I kicked her off because she wasn't taking it seriously and those are the situations where accidents occur. The point of that is that my kids are drilled on the do's and don'ts of gun safety, and just importantly my guns. They would not dare touch them without permission, even if I leave them lying around the house. Kids who take guns to school are either thugs or have not been educated properly. You can't ban everything that might be dangerous just because some parents are irresponsible. Think how many kids drown in swimming pools in their back yards. 2 children younger than 14 drown a day in the US. Should we ban pools? I mean, if we just save 1 life we have to try right?

Spartan, a few things.  Having ready many of your posts I certainly don't doubt you are a responsible and serious gun owner and parent, but your not everyone's parent and your hobby/sport is not worth having 310 million guns in society.

Since you brought up swimming pools, let's use that comparison. First, swimming pools serve a NON-VIOLENT PURPOSE exclusively.  Kids drown in swimming pools in ACCIDENTS but nobody every picked up a swimming pool and used to to intentionally kill another human being. That is what guns -- and particularly hand guns and "assault rifles" are for -- KILLING HUMANS.  So, you are comparing an apple to a bus.  Second, even though swimming pools generally cause only accidental deaths (and serve a purpose other than death) they are still regulated. If you have a pool you must have a fence or a gate, you can leave your loaded gun sitting on your kitchen table. So, please stop comparing guns to things that a) cause solely accidental deaths and b) serve an entirely reasonable purpose other than killing human beings. 

We cannot stop EVERY death that occurs in the US, but we actually take reasonable steps to minimize the likelihood of death with nearly every product in the country. The laws to prevent gun deaths are not doing such a good job . . . hardly shocking when there are more than 300 million guns around.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#181 : February 08, 2013, 06:44:14 PM

what's a reasonable number peanut butter boy and which guns do you want banned?  you keep mentioning ARs, but then continue to troll the boards with links to stories about people dying by handguns.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#182 : February 08, 2013, 07:01:47 PM

what's a reasonable number peanut butter boy and which guns do you want banned?  you keep mentioning ARs, but then continue to troll the boards with links to stories about people dying by handguns.

That's what I've been saying . PB boy is a walking non sequitur.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#183 : February 08, 2013, 07:06:44 PM

that's a great way of putting it.   I was going to say a lying, condescending hypocrite.   if this was a court room he would have been held in contempt a long time ago.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#184 : February 08, 2013, 07:16:56 PM

that's a great way of putting it.   I was going to say a lying, condescending hypocrite.   if this was a court room he would have been held in contempt a long time ago.

LOL

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#185 : February 08, 2013, 08:44:06 PM

My view is in the thread. All you have to do is read, but on short there are just too many guns. Full stop.

Assault rifles are an easy starting point because they have so little utility compared to ability to kill. But there are alternatives to banning them.

There are way too many handguns. Handguns serve a valid purpose under the law so I've never said to ban them. Just reduce the number and close obvious loopholes in the law such as gun shows. Also, get rid of things like extended clips etc. remove the federal immunity provided to manufacturers

Gun ownership has actually been on the decline in terms of # of households, but on the climb in terms of number of guns per household. There aren't many valid reasons for a person to have an arsenal.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#186 : February 08, 2013, 08:46:21 PM

I imagine you've seen the inside of a few courtrooms. Probably got to sit in the special chair too. :-)

( like I said, shoot the messenger)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#187 : February 08, 2013, 08:55:48 PM

I really don't want to read anymore of your nonsense.   Maybe if you stopped being a condescending prick people would be less likely to want to "shoot the messenger".
Just answer the question ... how many guns is reasonable?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#188 : February 08, 2013, 09:01:20 PM

I imagine you've seen the inside of a few courtrooms. Probably got to sit in the special chair too. :-)

Do you really have this little shame that you continue to post this hypocritical b$ not top mention the out and out lies?   My lord. 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#189 : February 08, 2013, 09:03:38 PM

I really don't want to read anymore of your nonsense.   Maybe if you stopped being a condescending prick people would be less likely to want to "shoot the messenger".

Nobody forces you to read or comment and I would encourage you to stop both when you ask questions like what number of guns is reasonable. Obviously, there is no magic number. Something less that 310 million but more than Japan.

Btw, pointing out your fabrications is not condescension in fact it's not much more than pointing out the obvious.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#190 : February 08, 2013, 09:07:33 PM

So how many of the incidents in the links you've posted would have been prevented if the perpetrator only had 1 hand gun instead of 2 ?

Your logic makes no sense. If your flawed premise that our safety directly increases in proportion to the amount of guns laws we pass was true , than a logical person would want laws that were as strict as possible. The fact that you want to be able to say you still support the constitution , even though you hate guns , has you talking in incoherent circles .

Stop wasting everyone's time , Peanut Butter .

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#191 : February 08, 2013, 09:07:57 PM

Do you really have this little shame that you continue to post this hypocritical b$ not top mention the out and out lies?   My lord.

First, you must not know what the word hypocrite means. Second, if I am shameless for RESPONDING to your BS then what does that make you for shoveling it out, particularly when accurately called out for it several times. Still waiting for a substantive post ...

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#192 : February 08, 2013, 09:16:31 PM

So how many of the incidents in the links you've posted would have been prevented if the perpetrator only had 1 hand gun instead of 2 ?

Your logic makes no sense. If your flawed premise that our safety directly increases in proportion to the amount of guns laws we pass was true , than a logical person would want laws that were as strict as possible. The fact that you want to be able to say you still support the constitution , even though you hate guns , has you talking in incoherent circles .

Stop wasting everyone's time , Peanut Butter .

It's not that my logic makes no sense, it's that you don't seem to follow, perhaps intentionally. I can't be held accountable for that, sorry

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#193 : February 08, 2013, 09:26:41 PM

Nobody forces you to read or comment and I would encourage you to stop both when you ask questions like what number of guns is reasonable. Obviously, there is no magic number. Something less that 310 million but more than Japan.

Btw, pointing out your fabrications is not condescension in fact it's not much more than pointing out the obvious.

I know exactly what a hypocrite is and you are the epitome of one as you continue to attack other posters while admonishing others for doing the same.
I didn't ask for a magic number.  I asked how many guns you think are reasonable.

I haven't lied about anything so I ENCOURAGE YOU to drop that crap and just answer the question or once again show just how full of it you really are.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#194 : February 08, 2013, 09:40:10 PM

My view is in the thread. All you have to do is read, but on short there are just too many guns. Full stop.

Assault rifles are an easy starting point because they have so little utility compared to ability to kill. But there are alternatives to banning them.

There are way too many handguns. Handguns serve a valid purpose under the law so I've never said to ban them. Just reduce the number and close obvious loopholes in the law such as gun shows. Also, get rid of things like extended clips etc. remove the federal immunity provided to manufacturers

Gun ownership has actually been on the decline in terms of # of households, but on the climb in terms of number of guns per household. There aren't many valid reasons for a person to have an arsenal.

They are not assault rifles, but they CAN be used to hunt, they can also be used for target practice and home defence. By your logic we should ban bows and arrows as well. Shall we ban archery because only have one purpose and that is to kill things. And before you say anything, you can shoot arrows at short range faster than you can a bolt action rifle.
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools