Boards > Pirate's Cove

Oh those funny gun lovers . . .

(1/44) > >>

CalcuttaRain:
This afternoon, over lunch, the Cove served witness to the real lunacy of gun lovers.  Within the span of two hours, there was a thread indicating that one gun nut wants to shoot me in the face for calling for reasonable restrictions on guns and two others proved (repeatedly) just how empty the argument is that there should be NO restriction on guns in this country. 

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1303025.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1295478.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1301767.0.html

Lunch, a beer or two and with five fingers tied behind my back . . .  the self-nominated spokesmen for the pro-gun crowd have been vanquished, one proven to be a coward, the other two proven unable formulate even a single substantive argument against reasonable restrictions on guns.

Now, on to the Super Bowl and tougher challenges . . . . like breathing.

Chief Joseph:

You sir, are a winner. Do you by any chance drink Tiger's Blood?

CalcuttaRain:

--- Quote from: Illuminator on February 03, 2013, 01:45:16 PM ---
You sir, are a winner. Do you by any chance drink Tiger's Blood?

--- End quote ---

The "coward" appears . . .  still not putting his name on it though . . . . .  lol . . . . . you "tough guy" you

Biggs3535:

Dance puppet, dance.

CalcuttaRain:

--- Quote from: Biggs3535 on February 03, 2013, 02:14:31 PM ---

Dance puppet, dance.

--- End quote ---

Just silly, but I guess that is consistent. 

And here I was hoping that you had used the last few hours to actually come up with (or asked someone else to come up with) and actual substantive argument . . . .well, at least you're still proving my point . .  now in FOUR threads no less.

spartan:
The only thing this proves is:

1. This is an effing message board and whoever supports your point of view has a tendency to be your best friend.

2. This is an effing message board and people get into a spitting contest really quickly.

3. This is an effing message board and seeing as we are unlikely to actually meet face to face anytime soon, people get REAL brave real quick.

4. This is an effing message board and as such, when folks piss me off, which happens relatively often, I try to remember that I am not going meet with these people any time soon so it takes absolutely nothing out of my to at least try and be polite. I don't always succeed but what do I lose by at least trying?

olafberserker:
I don't own a gun, never shot one, and do not believe I have ever touched one (other than a bb gun as a kid) ..... 

CalcuttaRain:
Not sure why status as a gun owner or user matters, but I do not own a gun but I have fired numerous guns, from rifles to handguns, because I had a family member who was one of the best pistol marksman in the country. I have also been held up at gun point and so I know, from first hand experience, that having a gun on me at that time would have done nothing positive and, in fact, could have resulted in me losing my life over a simple property crime (the same logic used by UK police forces).

Spartan, what all of this proves is that there is NO reasonable argument against reasonably reducing the number of guns in this country.  You may hate that that is true, but it is, as evidenced by the two threads now up on the Cove, one new one old, and the numerous posts in the Conn. thread all attacking the messenger. Now, if you think those are all people responding to the way the message is delivered, the obvious response is why would they care?  The answer is because most know, even if they would never post it, that they are wrong.  Guns are out of control in this country.  Nobody says we should take everyone of those guns away, but neither do we need guns to be so available that they are used so often to kill humans, sometimes in mass killings.

olafberserker:
You called me a gun lover .... figured someone as smart as you could figure out why I would post that little bit of background information.

Biggs3535:

--- Quote from: VinBucFan on February 03, 2013, 03:08:15 PM ---what all of this proves is that there is NO reasonable argument against reasonably reducing the number of guns in this country.  You may hate that that is true, but it is

--- End quote ---

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, this dips*** lives in Fantasy Land.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version