Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#225 : February 09, 2013, 08:53:28 AM

Still waiting for Peanut Butter to explain which of his handgun shooting links would have been totally prevented if the perpetrator only had one handgun at home to shoot someone with instead of 2.   

Afterall , his logic makes perfect sense , and reducing the AMOUNT of handguns people have is going to prevent them from shooting the one they still DO have....

( he could save himself a lot of trouble , and actually sound coherent , if he just admitted he is scared of guns and wants the 2nd amendment overturned completely ...for our own good , of course )

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#226 : February 09, 2013, 01:00:48 PM

Still waiting for Peanut Butter to explain which of his handgun shooting links would have been totally prevented if the perpetrator only had one handgun at home to shoot someone with instead of 2.   

Afterall , his logic makes perfect sense , and reducing the AMOUNT of handguns people have is going to prevent them from shooting the one they still DO have....

( he could save himself a lot of trouble , and actually sound coherent , if he just admitted he is scared of guns and wants the 2nd amendment overturned completely ...for our own good , of course )

Where did I say that the key to reducing gun violence was making an individual turn over 1 of 2 guns? Or that doing that would have prevented any of those crimes? I have said there are too many guns and that i could nit think of a reasonable for people stickpiling weapkns, but where did i say what you are claiming? II guess your only hope is to make up stuff and then argue against it?  If that works for you have at it, but don't assign your BS to me. There are reportedly 310 million guns in the US.  There's no reason for that other than for gun manufacturers to make a lot if money. Guns need to be less available in society. Simple. Not even sure how any reasonable person could deny that when you look at the number if guns versus gun owners and the number of gun deaths in this country versus other civilized societies.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#227 : February 09, 2013, 03:53:52 PM

Cars, prescription drugs, alcohol and tobacco each kill far more people per year than guns, when you narrow it down to mass shootings with "assault rifles" the death by guns statistic becomes almost irrelevant. I'm glad this country is so focused on taking care of the real problems that exist. Even if gun deaths were a leading cause of death, which they aren't, the first step in controlling that problem would be to eliminate handguns. The focus on gun control is already a joke, watching everyone who's for it ignore the weapon doing the real damage makes the entire "movement" insane. Gotta love America.

And Vin, why does what you think matter regarding people and their desire to collect weapons? Because you can't think of a reason people should do it, that means they shouldn't do it? Interesting. What about people who collect knives and/or swords? Does someone need to have 15 samurai swords hanging on their wall? No, in fact that makes much less sense than someone owning 15 guns...does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to do it? I'd bet that far more people die per year in stabbings than in mass shootings with "assault rifles". Where is your outrage over knife and sword ownership?
: February 09, 2013, 04:00:37 PM Escobar06

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#228 : February 09, 2013, 04:12:24 PM

Because those crying gun control are not interested in real change.  It is all about the symbolic gesture.   Get rid of the ARs because it is an easy target.  It will have a very limited effect on public safety, but it looks good.   Say we are tightening some loop holes.  Sounds great, but how much is that going to matter.  Are we going to allow unlimited searches to make sure that all illegal guns are turned in?    And we're not even discussing the cultural issues as well as the desensitization to violence in this country today yet.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#229 : February 09, 2013, 04:15:27 PM

That's not a number vincent.  that is a huge range given by someone too scared to give the number of guns they find reasonable.  haven't lied once vincent, that has already been shown.  man up and give us the number 

deflection/coward.

lol . . .  yeah . . . . right.  you just posted another LIE in the other thread

Here's one of those lies you . .  . .um . . . . .   didn't type:

I haven't really advocated anything in this thread

:-[

You should be embarrassed  to post that comment^^^^  . . . even I could sum up your position, which is that reducing guns would not solve the problem because motivated people would use other means:

Cross bows, subway trains, home made bombs.  lunatics are going to be lunatics and at some point will find a way to do their damage.

Here's some simple math.  Ms. Lanza had FIVE registered guns an apparently HUNDREDS of bullets.  If you were her would you give up FOUR of the five guns?   How about if EACH GUN was worth the life of FIVE six year olds?  You could still keep one n guto defend your property, but would you give up four guns to save TWENY six year olds lives?  If not, would you give up ONE "assault rifle" to save TWENTY six year olds lives?  How much value do you place on your guns?
Seems like a simple question to me, but I can imagine the responses from some of you.
sounds like hindsight ..............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
^^ Posted as an argument that if it wasnt guns it would be bombs, as shown by this follow up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Nice job. Had to go all the way back to 1927 for that one. You didn't happen to Google that, did you olaf?
that's one.  obviously no automatic weapons really helped those young people.   there are more.  had to google the link, can't post it otherwise..... nice try though

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Embarrassing. 

None of that advocates anything and you left off the comment about desensitization conveniently.   Like I said don't call me a liar again on this board vincent p b

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#230 : February 09, 2013, 04:28:46 PM

Billy just had money stolen from him. He becomes aware that Timmy stole 10k, Sally stole 5k, and Benjamin stole a buck. Billy decides to focus all of his time and energy on Benjamin, the obvious problem.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#231 : February 09, 2013, 04:36:54 PM

billy should have had an ar15.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#232 : February 09, 2013, 04:42:07 PM

Or far more common a knife, crowbar, or baseball bat.

Then again, Billy is much better friends with Timmy and Sally, which is the primary reason he's focusing on Benjamin regardless of the sum.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#233 : February 09, 2013, 06:42:09 PM

Where did I say that the key to reducing gun violence was making an individual turn over 1 of 2 guns? Or that doing that would have prevented any of those crimes? I have said there are too many guns and that i could nit think of a reasonable for people stickpiling weapkns, but where did i say what you are claiming?

In the very next sentence ....

Guns need to be less available in society. Simple. Not even sure how any reasonable person could deny that when you look at the number if guns versus gun owners and the number of gun deaths in this country versus other civilized societies.

LOL.....brilliant , PB boy. Only you could prove yourself wrong in the very same post.

Admit it . All your stupid links do nothing to strengthen your argument . Reducing people's "stockpile" or banning assualt rifles woudln't have prevented any of those handgun shootings you linked to , because they only required one hand gun.

Your phony support for the 2nd amendment is ruining your argument. Looks like it's time for you to ban all handguns also.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#234 : February 09, 2013, 08:21:00 PM

Cars, prescription drugs, alcohol and tobacco each kill far more people per year than guns,

Cars, prescription drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are also more stringently regulated than guns. Yet unlike guns, they aren't made for the expressed purpose of killing people. Go figure. I also wonder how many people drive, smoke, drink, or use prescription drugs as opposed to how many people own firearms. My guess is more all around. Lots more.
: February 09, 2013, 08:24:01 PM CBWx2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#235 : February 09, 2013, 08:42:04 PM

Cars, prescription drugs, alcohol and tobacco each kill far more people per year than guns,

Cars, prescription drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are also more stringently regulated than guns. Yet unlike guns, they aren't made for the expressed purpose of killing people. Go figure. I also wonder how many people drive, smoke, drink, or use prescription drugs as opposed to how many people own firearms. My guess is more all around. Lots more.

I believe that first sentence is a stretch.    Guns are not made with the express purpose of killing people either.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#236 : February 09, 2013, 09:05:52 PM

I believe that first sentence is a stretch.   

Alcohol and tobacco I suppose are arguable. Cars and prescription drugs, it's not even close. Way easier to legally acquire a gun than it is to own and operate an automobile or obtain a prescription for illicit drugs. Hell, in some places, it's harder to buy cough syrup with codeine than it is to buy a gun.

Guns are not made with the express purpose of killing people either.

I suppose swords aren't made for the expressed purpose of cutting or stabbing people either.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#237 : February 09, 2013, 09:23:06 PM

Guns are not made with the express purpose of killing people.  To say otherwise is simply disingenuous.     I am not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs of regulations for gun ownership throughout this country or even the other things mentioned per say, but your comments reek of exaggeration.   I am not aware of a 3 day waiting period to purchase any of the other items you mentioned, but there is one in Florida to purchase a handgun.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#238 : February 09, 2013, 09:45:05 PM

And Vin, why does what you think matter regarding people and their desire to collect weapons? Because you can't think of a reason people should do it, that means they shouldn't do it? Interesting. What about people who collect knives and/or swords? Does someone need to have 15 samurai swords hanging on their wall? No, in fact that makes much less sense than someone owning 15 guns...does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to do it? I'd bet that far more people die per year in stabbings than in mass shootings with "assault rifles". Where is your outrage over knife and sword ownership?

oh boy ....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#239 : February 09, 2013, 09:48:14 PM

Guns are not made with the express purpose of killing people. 

Right, guns are made as plant holders . . . for some reason people just use them to kill people . . .

ugh . .  . ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Guns are made SPECIFICALLY to KILL. That is the express purpose of a freaking gun.  Good God can there at least be a little intellectual honesty in this discussion?
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools