Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #240 : February 09, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »

Guns are not made with the express purpose of killing people. 

Right, guns are made as plant holders . . . for some reason people just use them to kill people . . .

ugh . .  . ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Guns are made SPECIFICALLY to KILL. That is the express purpose of a freaking gun.  Good God can there at least be a little intellectual honesty in this discussion?

I just want the record to show that my post was not in response to anything you said, but to something stated by cbw.   It should also show that the comment was guns were made to kill people not "specifically to kill". It should also show that you attacked the messenger that of course had not responded to you.  And finally you just edited my original post.

You wonder why someone "spars" with you and abandons attempts to have a discussion/debate with you and instead just makes fun of you.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #241 : February 09, 2013, 11:08:41 PM »

Right, guns are made as plant holders . . . for some reason people just use them to kill people . . .

Guns are made SPECIFICALLY to KILL. That is the express purpose of a freaking gun.  Good God can there at least be a little intellectual honesty in this discussion?

I just want the record to show that my post was not in response to anything you said, but to something stated by cbw.   It should also show that the comment was guns were made to kill people not "specifically to kill". It should also show that you attacked the messenger that of course had not responded to you.  And finally you just edited my original post.

You wonder why someone "spars" with you and abandons attempts to have a discussion/debate with you and instead just makes fun of you.

Man  . .  You made a comment in a thread about the purpose of guns. I disagreed with the SUBSTANCE so I responded about the SUBSTANCE.  Maybe you don't understand the word "substance" or what it means to "shoot the messenger"?

This was your comment on  the substance:

my response was on the substance: guns ARE made with the express purpose of killing people.  That's what guns are for --- KILLING. That is the PURPOSE of a gun.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #242 : February 09, 2013, 11:22:48 PM »

Gun buy back programs seek to do the following:

"The goal is to get unwanted weapons out of people’s homes, ensuring they aren’t stolen or the cause of an accident."

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013/02/09/west/west-news/gun-buyback-starts-today.html

because guns are never stolen or the cause of accidental death . . .

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #243 : February 09, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »

and people dont just turn in old guns:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/rifle_doesn_muzzle_staten_island_kdPwntIcFl20OLF9eHXD8M

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130209/NEWS01/302090015/More-than-120-firearms-collected-Lansing-gun-buyback

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #244 : February 09, 2013, 11:34:40 PM »

"The goal is to get unwanted weapons out of people’s homes, ensuring they aren’t stolen or the cause of an accident."

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013/02/09/west/west-news/gun-buyback-starts-today.html

Neither are cars. Wanna buy mine?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #245 : February 09, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »

Strange but true, gun advocates interfering with a gun buyback program:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/21020378/gun-buyback-met-with-competition-in-bensalem

Now, why would one gun owner care that another gun owner was CHOOSING to turn his/her gun in for destruction? why would it matter IF gun owners are actually just concerned with their Constitutional rights?  Hmmm

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #246 : February 09, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »

Some guns are made specifically to kill. Other guns would only kill a **CENSORED**roach if you used the blunt end as a club.

Other guns are made for things like .... Olympic sports, target shooting, paintball, varmint eradication.
Other guns are made for hunting. Which is killing but different than killing people.

Some guns are made to specifically to kill people, and these weapons are only sold legally to law enforcement and the military.

Funny thing is, the guns I primarily use for target shooting and leisure activities are those VBF would classify as "killers" and would ban, and the ones that I use for home defense and would use to kill someone if the situation demanded are the ones he would not. Just goes to show that not only perception is in the eye of the beholder, but how things can have multiple, often conflicting uses.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #247 : February 09, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/21020378/gun-buyback-met-with-competition-in-bensalem

Now, why would one gun owner care that another gun owner was CHOOSING to turn his/her gun in for destruction? why would it matter IF gun owners are actually just concerned with their Constitutional rights?  Hmmm

Because they are stupid? Nobody has a monopoly on stupidity you know.

This kind of enforces a point I made a few weeks back:

"The group says they bought a couple guns, although they say the vast majority of weapons turned in were more or less junk"

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #248 : February 10, 2013, 12:09:04 AM »

And Vin, why does what you think matter regarding people and their desire to collect weapons? Because you can't think of a reason people should do it, that means they shouldn't do it? Interesting. What about people who collect knives and/or swords? Does someone need to have 15 samurai swords hanging on their wall? No, in fact that makes much less sense than someone owning 15 guns...does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to do it? I'd bet that far more people die per year in stabbings than in mass shootings with "assault rifles". Where is your outrage over knife and sword ownership?

oh boy ....

If you were truly interested in senseless death becoming much more infrequent, you wouldn't be standing behind potential regulations that would impact the overall problem the absolute least. If you'd stop letting the media form your opinions for you, you'd understand that.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #249 : February 10, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »

Neither are cars. Wanna buy mine?

almost tired of posting this BUT . . .  . . a CAR serves a non-violent purpose in society.  A can can be used to kills, but is not generally used to kill. The ONLY purpose of a gun is to kill.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #250 : February 10, 2013, 12:28:56 AM »

Because they are stupid? Nobody has a monopoly on stupidity you know.

This kind of enforces a point I made a few weeks back:

"The group says they bought a couple guns, although they say the vast majority of weapons turned in were more or less junk"

Spartan, the person saying that most of the guns were junk was the gun owners trying to disrupt the auction.  Each of the links I have posted include the buyback of semi-automatic guns and assault rifles.  Was there some junk? Sure, but there were also current deadly guns.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #251 : February 10, 2013, 12:37:34 AM »

And Vin, why does what you think matter regarding people and their desire to collect weapons? Because you can't think of a reason people should do it, that means they shouldn't do it? Interesting. What about people who collect knives and/or swords? Does someone need to have 15 samurai swords hanging on their wall? No, in fact that makes much less sense than someone owning 15 guns...does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to do it? I'd bet that far more people die per year in stabbings than in mass shootings with "assault rifles". Where is your outrage over knife and sword ownership?

oh boy ....

If you were truly interested in senseless death becoming much more infrequent, you wouldn't be standing behind potential regulations that would impact the overall problem the absolute least. If you'd stop letting the media form your opinions for you, you'd understand that.

escobar, the reason I said "oh boy" is because your argument is thrown out there a lot by gun advocates but it makes no sense and really is just a deflection. Let me illustrate. If tomorrow the US government said everyone with an assault rifle or a samurai sword has to turn them in, would you support the government's efforts to confiscate assault weapons? My guess is the answer is "no," which proves that you're just trying to deflect.  This isn't a question of fairness to all weapons and the last I checked the mass murders in Columbine and in the Colorado movie theater and in Newtown involved assault rifles and, guess what, no Samurai swords.

There are many instruments that kill but an assault rifle serves no real redeeming social purpose (i.e. its not for hunting or even protection, its a "military-style" gun sold to enthusiast) that greatly outweighs the  HUGE risk they present because when used assault rifles kills MANY people very quickly and  also provide more firepower than even law enforcement typically carries

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #252 : February 10, 2013, 08:16:57 AM »

Gun buybacks popular but ineffective, experts say

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/12/gun-buybacks-popular-but-ineffective/1829165/

But Peanut Butter boy is saving lives !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #253 : February 10, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »

oh boy ....

escobar, the reason I said "oh boy" is because your argument is thrown out there a lot by gun advocates but it makes no sense and really is just a deflection. Let me illustrate. If tomorrow the US government said everyone with an assault rifle or a samurai sword has to turn them in, would you support the government's efforts to confiscate assault weapons? My guess is the answer is "no," which proves that you're just trying to deflect.  This isn't a question of fairness to all weapons and the last I checked the mass murders in Columbine and in the Colorado movie theater and in Newtown involved assault rifles and, guess what, no Samurai swords.

There are many instruments that kill but an assault rifle serves no real redeeming social purpose (i.e. its not for hunting or even protection, its a "military-style" gun sold to enthusiast) that greatly outweighs the  HUGE risk they present because when used assault rifles kills MANY people very quickly and  also provide more firepower than even law enforcement typically carries

The columbine shooters used sawed off shotguns , handguns ,  and bombs . Your  plan , backed by your "supposed" support of the 2nd amendment  , still allowed the shooters plenty of fire-power to pull off a massacre , Peanut Butter boy.
http://acolumbinesite.com/weapon.html

If PB was truly interested in ending senseless deaths , and we accept his ridiculous premise that guns are the problem and not people , he would be in favor of going door to door and confiscating ALL firearms ( He can't say that though , because even he knows how crazy and tyrannical it sounds  ) . His chickensh!t half measures would save no one.  As it stands now he just sounds like an incoherent hypocrite trying to score emotional points . 

As long as government employed armies and/or criminals around the world carry assualt rifles , assualt rifles do serve a social purpose. They put you on a level playing field in the self-defense of your family against other humans , should the need arise.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #254 : February 10, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

I am not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs of regulations for gun ownership throughout this country or even the other things mentioned per say, but your comments reek of exaggeration.   I am not aware of a 3 day waiting period to purchase any of the other items you mentioned, but there is one in Florida to purchase a handgun.

Ever been to a gun show, olaf?

Some guns are made to specifically to kill people, and these weapons are only sold legally to law enforcement and the military.

Surely, you jest...

Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh those funny gun lovers . . . « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools