Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team Needs & Roster Rankings « previous next »
Page: 1

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: February 04, 2013, 02:51:23 PM

Per Rotoworld

25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DE: Top defensive end Michael Bennett is scheduled for free agency, and would-be bookend Adrian Clayborn is coming off a torn ACL. 2011 second-round pick Da'Quan Bowers has yet to establish himself as a capable starter. The Bucs finished the season last in the NFC in sacks, exacerbating deficiencies in the back end. They must find a core pass rusher this offseason.

CB: A combination of no pass rush and utter lack of reliable cover men can quickly torpedo any pass defense. So it isn't surprising that the Bucs surrendered the most passing yards in the league in 2012. Top corner E.J. Biggers is up for free agency, and Eric Wright is expected to be released. Tampa Bay currently does not have a cornerback it can count on to be a 2013 starter.

QB: After a 2012 season that wasn't nearly as good as his stats suggest, Josh Freeman will enter a contract year without any plans from the Bucs to give him an extension. Freeman still struggles with accuracy and when surrounded by bodies, even if his vertical-passing arm is among the league's elite. GM Mark Dominik plans to upgrade the backup quarterback spot on Dan Orlovsky.

DT: Gerald McCoy is a difference-making three-technique tackle, but nose guard Roy Miller is an unrestricted free agent and defensive tackle already had depth concerns. Even if Miller re-signs, the Bucs could use a third interior lineman to bolster the rotation and provide productive snaps.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42452/59/team-needs--and--roster-rankings?pg=3

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 04, 2013, 03:16:05 PM

Team needs in terms of priority:

1. Immediate impact DE's...I like Clayborn and Bowers but too small of body of work to be "sold" on them long-term. I believe Bucs should look to invest in 1 DE that has ability to pressure QB whether that be a vet like Osi or rookie like Zeke Ansah...they absolutely NEED pressure....my answer is Ansah.
2. Physical corner - Sean Smith is a popular option however I haven't watched him play...if he's as good as others say then he'd be one to target in FA. I'd use 2nd round pick (and possibly 3rd) on corner personally.
3. The QB situation is a bit more complex because the team needs someone they can depend on if Josh goes into full turtle-mode again (or injury) so a Matt Moore signing wouldn't be unwise. Not particularly impressed with college QBs coming out this year but would be interested in EJ Manuel if other needs (like CBs) are addressed in FA (see him as a project more than immediate answer).
4. I see your sig mentions Delanie Walker at TE and I think he'd be a great pickup in FA. I think Dallas Clark's worth to the team is understated but if Walker is an option, I'd make a run at him.

Just my 2 pennies...

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 04, 2013, 03:23:40 PM

Again the safety position is not mentioned.

zsmith22

Starter

#3 : February 04, 2013, 03:37:14 PM

My dream Scenario:
Defensive end: Resign Michael Bennett, possibly draft a player Like Ansah or Dion Jordan in the first round.
Cornerback: Sign Sean Smith, sign Derek Cox, let biggers walk, draft a player like David Amerson or Jordan poyer in the second or third.
Tight End: Sign Martellus Bennett, Draft a player like Joseph Fauria in the later rounds, and move stocker to 3rd on the depth chart.
Free Safety:If ronde retires, this becomes a pressing need. We should go all out on Jairus Byrd if the bills let him walk. He is much better than any FS's in this years draft.
Quarterback: Josh Freeman should, and will be the starting QB next year. But we need a real backup, someone like Matt Moore in FA, or Ej Manuel in the draft.
Defensive Tackle: If Roy miller isn't resigned, we should look at a player like Jonathan Hankins who could be falling into the second round. (According to B/R's Matt miller)
Slot Receiver: Draft Marquise Goodwin in the fourth. Guys one of my favorite players in the entire draft, and could be our version of jacoby jones at WR and as a return man.
: February 04, 2013, 03:40:37 PM zsmith22

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 04, 2013, 04:08:03 PM

CB, QB, DT, TE, OL, WR, RB, S, LB.....in that order.

Draft Aaron Donald

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 04, 2013, 04:50:16 PM

JDouble, also slot receiver, KR,PR

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 04, 2013, 05:04:23 PM

My dream Scenario:
Defensive end: Resign Michael Bennett, possibly draft a player Like Ansah or Dion Jordan in the first round.
Cornerback: Sign Sean Smith, sign Derek Cox, let biggers walk, draft a player like David Amerson or Jordan poyer in the second or third.
Tight End: Sign Martellus Bennett, Draft a player like Joseph Fauria in the later rounds, and move stocker to 3rd on the depth chart.
Free Safety:If ronde retires, this becomes a pressing need. We should go all out on Jairus Byrd if the bills let him walk. He is much better than any FS's in this years draft.
Quarterback: Josh Freeman should, and will be the starting QB next year. But we need a real backup, someone like Matt Moore in FA, or Ej Manuel in the draft.
Defensive Tackle: If Roy miller isn't resigned, we should look at a player like Jonathan Hankins who could be falling into the second round. (According to B/R's Matt miller)
Slot Receiver: Draft Marquise Goodwin in the fourth. Guys one of my favorite players in the entire draft, and could be our version of jacoby jones at WR and as a return man.

Exact same thoughts for every single thing you said. Hankins and Ansah/Dion Jordan additions would make our line SO much better. Could put Miller back as a backup like he should be and potentially have our JPP/Aldon Smith in Ansah or Jordan. Goodwin would be a great pickup as our slot man but we would still be wise to sign another decent WR to our stable. Behind VJax and Mike Williams right now is basically practice squad-like talent.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 04, 2013, 06:14:39 PM

JDouble, also slot receiver, KR,PR

I said WR, so slot is covered. As far as KR and PR.....you get slot WRs, RBs, and CBs that can also return.....like Stedman Bailey, Dennis Johnson, and Robert Alford.

Draft Aaron Donald

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 08, 2013, 03:18:48 PM

Yep

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team Needs & Roster Rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools