Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyler Wilson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: February 04, 2013, 11:43:33 PM

Tyler Wilson. After months and months of trying to convince myself to like one of this year's QB prospects, I think Tyler is the guy. I'm not in love, but if I had to draft a guy to lead my team, this guy beats out EJ Manuel. He isn't as athletic or big or exciting as Manuel, but he is tough as nails and he's an intelligent leader. He has plenty of short comings, but he's a Jay Cutler/Tony Romo/Phillip Rivers type, unorthodox gun slinger with a decent arm and decent accuracy. I'd give him a shot. He's my #1 QB in this draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1icbPg7Efw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXFQDSgEmNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD61yuNLEhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=918Kg5KYW3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6PI0L7-xnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDt6saeTxHM
: February 04, 2013, 11:47:03 PM JDouble

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 04, 2013, 11:50:53 PM

With the 18th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas.

...but seriously, while he may have a good chance of being one of the one or two successful QBs in this class, I would much rather go after Murray in next years draft.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 05, 2013, 09:00:07 AM

Drafting Tyler Wilson in the second round wouldn't mean we can't still draft a 1st round QB next year. Wilson would provide competition and a valid back up, whether it's Freeman starting or a top QB from the 2014 draft. Of course there is always the possibility that he actually plays well enough to earn the starting spot too.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 05, 2013, 09:08:23 AM

Drafting Tyler Wilson in the second round wouldn't mean we can't still draft a 1st round QB next year. Wilson would provide competition and a valid back up, whether it's Freeman starting or a top QB from the 2014 draft. Of course there is always the possibility that he actually plays well enough to earn the starting spot too.

The problem I have with that is that we saw last year that we can get a 2nd round defender who can come in and make an excellent and immediate impact. I would much rather see us draft a defensive position with that pick, as opposed to drafting Wilson. I would hate it if we did what the Panthers did with their Clausen/Newton situation.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 05, 2013, 09:09:49 AM

Well if Clausen wasn't awful, they'd be sitting pretty right now. With today's strict concussion rules, you really need a solid back up QB more than ever. The Redskins get it.

BucNtears

Second String

#5 : February 05, 2013, 09:13:04 AM

Pick a late round QB and roll with Freeman

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 05, 2013, 09:13:53 AM

Chace, I agree. Do we need help on the offensive side of the ball, sure but the defense has the most needs. Instead of incremental improvement on both sides of the ball, letś just fix the defense this year. Clearly, that was the biggest reason we lost games last year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 05, 2013, 09:23:38 AM

I think we sign two solid CBs in free agency, as well as a DT.....and then we don't have to reach for any certain position in the draft.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 05, 2013, 09:31:44 AM

Quote from: JDouble
I think we sign two solid CBs in free agency, as well as a DT.....and then we don't have to reach for any certain position in the draft.

I just hope we sign one free agent, anymore than that will invoke tears of joy.

BucNtears

Second String

#9 : February 05, 2013, 09:35:14 AM

I'm thinking along the same lines, though I believe we draft the best DT on the board then add corners via fa and the later part of the draft, rounds 2, 3.  Maybe even move up back into the first round?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 05, 2013, 09:36:16 AM

Until we have the QB position nailed down with some measure of common agreement, it would be essential to keep in the hunt for one.

How friggin easy is this to understand?  The mere fact that nobody can rest easy with 5 running the show is proof that getting a GOOD QB is still something the Bucs need to do. I do t think josh is the guy.

With that said, I would rather go with Mallett with that pick. His arm is perfect for the type of wideouts the Bucs employ. Theoretically anyway. Gotta try.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 05, 2013, 09:52:19 AM

The way I see it, if we sure up our defense in free agency as expected, we can draft whovever we want in the first round. Then, if the Tyler Wilson is still on the board on day two, move up and grab him. Only after we have him, then put Freeman on the block and try to get a 1st rounder in 2014.

That way you give Tyler a year to see what he can do in the NFL with all kinds of weapons and a solid defense. If he doesn't cut it, we have two first round picks next year which is enough ammo to move up and get a top QB. (if we even half to move up. If Tyler ends up being horrible, then we might already be picking top 5) If Tyler comes out and lights it up.....then we have two first round picks to make our team better in other areas.

El Diablo

Starter

#12 : February 05, 2013, 09:59:24 AM

That would be the ideal situation. We have a young defense already. To add a few rookie CBs is a scary thought to me. With the first few picks drafting to need is how you lose out on the really great ones.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 05, 2013, 10:49:07 AM

...but seriously, while he may have a good chance of being one of the one or two successful QBs in this class, I would much rather go after Murray in next years draft.

yuccs has a list of 6 guys on the PI board...not including murray.  sounds like there should a LOT of good options next season.

it doesnt mean we cant...but it sure would be a waste of a premium pick imo.  think the panthers are happy about that clausen pick?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 05, 2013, 10:58:07 AM

Think the Redskins are happy with their Kirk Cousins pick?

Spending a 2nd round pick on a solid QB isn't a bad idea, even if he ends up being your back up. Just because Jimmy Clausen sucks out loud, doesn't mean it's a bad idea. It just means Jimmy Clausen sucks.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyler Wilson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools