Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyler Wilson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 05, 2013, 11:07:34 AM

Think the Redskins are happy with their Kirk Cousins pick?

Spending a 2nd round pick on a solid QB isn't a bad idea, even if he ends up being your back up. Just because Jimmy Clausen sucks out loud, doesn't mean it's a bad idea. It just means Jimmy Clausen sucks.

i think there is a big difference between a 2nd and a 4th.  i also think that cousins is hyped up pretty well right now because of a couple very brief appearances.

my thought process is if you think tyler wilson is a starting QB in the NFL you take him.  but as a 2nd round pick at QB, he better be the Plan, not an Option.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

McCoy93

Starter

#16 : February 05, 2013, 11:21:35 AM

Tyler Bray is the QB i like. Got a game similar to Stafford

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 05, 2013, 11:52:33 AM

I dont think we draft any guys until at least round 3. I honestly think Freeman will be around for a while. I know some dont like that but I feel like he will have a better year than last year and will get an extension. I do hope they get some competition in here but I think that will come FA and they will draft somebody later.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 05, 2013, 12:05:34 PM

Tyler Wilson > Ryan Mallett + (- 2nd round pick)

McCoy93

Starter

#19 : February 05, 2013, 12:07:32 PM

I dont think we draft any guys until at least round 3. I honestly think Freeman will be around for a while. I know some dont like that but I feel like he will have a better year than last year and will get an extension. I do hope they get some competition in here but I think that will come FA and they will draft somebody later.

Thats why i have this feeling we will end up a QB like Landry Jones. He is projected to go in the3-4 round

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 05, 2013, 12:09:37 PM

The way I see it, if we sure up our defense in free agency as expected, we can draft whovever we want in the first round. Then, if the Tyler Wilson is still on the board on day two, move up and grab him. Only after we have him, then put Freeman on the block and try to get a 1st rounder in 2014.

That way you give Tyler a year to see what he can do in the NFL with all kinds of weapons and a solid defense. If he doesn't cut it, we have two first round picks next year which is enough ammo to move up and get a top QB. (if we even half to move up. If Tyler ends up being horrible, then we might already be picking top 5) If Tyler comes out and lights it up.....then we have two first round picks to make our team better in other areas.

I'm on board with your scenario. However, if we don't sign a TE in FA, and Ertz/Eifert is there for our 2nd rounder, I think we'd take him over a QB.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 05, 2013, 12:52:34 PM

Tyler Wilson > Ryan Mallett

what do you like about wilson more than mallett?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 05, 2013, 01:20:28 PM

I've been high on Wilson for a while.  I just seriously doubt we'll be able to get value out of drafting him.  He's looking like a late 1st/early 2nd guy, and there's no way I'd draft him in the first, and I really wouldn't want to give up later picks to move up and grab him.  If he's there in the mid-2nd though, I'd give him a long look.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 05, 2013, 02:08:01 PM

Thats why i have this feeling we will end up a QB like Landry Jones. He is projected to go in the3-4 round

Now THAT would be a wasted pick.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 05, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

Everything.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#25 : February 05, 2013, 03:48:10 PM

The way I see it, if we sure up our defense in free agency as expected, we can draft whovever we want in the first round. Then, if the Tyler Wilson is still on the board on day two, move up and grab him. Only after we have him, then put Freeman on the block and try to get a 1st rounder in 2014.

That way you give Tyler a year to see what he can do in the NFL with all kinds of weapons and a solid defense. If he doesn't cut it, we have two first round picks next year which is enough ammo to move up and get a top QB. (if we even half to move up. If Tyler ends up being horrible, then we might already be picking top 5) If Tyler comes out and lights it up.....then we have two first round picks to make our team better in other areas.
what if Tyler Wilson flashes potential in that one year, but has some rough patches. Not everyone can come in and be absolutely incredible like RG3 and Wilson as rookies. Still draft a QB high on the first?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 05, 2013, 04:06:24 PM

I wouldnt use a first on him when we have the chance to improve our team. If this class of QBs sucks why the hell would you take a QB when your guy just broke the franchise records?? It makes no sense to me and is most likely not happening.

McCoy93

Starter

#27 : February 05, 2013, 04:21:55 PM

I don't think this QB class is as bad as some people think. I feel that if you put Andrew Luck in this class people would change their opinions; a lot of these guys have their flaws but they also have qualities i like in a QB. I just think what happened in the past year with rookie QB's busting on into the scene fans are gonna expect the same results. A lot of these QB's are gonna have to sit but if you put a stable enviornment around them i think one or two could surprise Anyways No rookie QB this year is gonna come in and take Freeman's job. The only way a rookie starts for us is Freeman struggles mightily or gets injured
: February 05, 2013, 04:29:39 PM Benn17

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 05, 2013, 05:26:33 PM

Everything.

why in the world would you like wilsons arm strength better? 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 05, 2013, 06:24:00 PM

I don't think this QB class is as bad as some people think.

I do. I don't think there is a single QB in this draft worth a first round pick.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyler Wilson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools