Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive end a need? .....Rubbish! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 05, 2013, 11:33:58 AM

Seriously we had more passes thrown on our D than any team in history and we were last in the NFC in sacks. I am not sure why everyone is so in love with Clayborn and Bowers. They said Bowers looks like a future star in the article but he hasn't shown me that at all. I think Bennet can be a starter but these guys are just gonna be a mediocre DE group. I REALLY hope they prove me wrong because on Sundays I love all these guys... at least while game is on and we aren't getting our asses kicked. With that said our need for secondary and interior linemen is a little larger of an issue.

Those guys were high round draft picks at a position that takes a while to really develop, and they've been injured.

smithcar

Starter

#16 : February 05, 2013, 01:16:29 PM

We need to sign Bennett, and idealy his brother as well.  If we don't sign him then we need another DE, not in the first round but we will need one.  It doesn't matter who the CB's are if we can't pressure the passer especially in our division.  We can always improve our pass rush.  We were only good against the run because nobody tried to run on us because our pass D was like a passing drill without defenders.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 05, 2013, 01:32:50 PM

If we ever collapsed or even dented the opponents' pocket, our current DE's would've had far more sacks last season. Getting a big DT to collapse the pocket would force opponents to either double-team him or McCoy. Right now when McCoy is doubled, we get zero penetration up the gut, allowing QBs to easily step up and escape any edge rush.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 05, 2013, 01:49:34 PM

It's  because we analysts who know little about our team see we were at the bottom of the league in sacks this year, jump to the conclusion that we need more passing rushing DEs. What they don't know is our 2011 leader in sacks and a guy who was suppose to explode onto the scence this year both were having or rehabbing serious injuries.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#19 : February 05, 2013, 03:35:09 PM

I'm about as high on Bowers as anyone else, but I would have a hard time convincing myself that he was a monster in games he played this season. He played fairly well, but nothing that makes me think he could get 15 sacks in a year

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive end a need? .....Rubbish! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools