Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB Poll « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#45 : February 08, 2013, 02:30:12 PM

Bad drafting will leave us open for us to overpay for these CB's. With that said, I'll take Chris Houston and Sean Smith. Both great physical man to man coverage guys with inconsistencies.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#46 : February 08, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

I feel like most good man corners have their inconsistencies.  It is a tough assignment to dominate all the time on that island, which is why the ones who can are so special.  Similar to the "elite" QB thing.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 08, 2013, 03:01:29 PM

Why isn't Talib on the list?

That would be some Jedi **CENSORED** right there. Trade Talib for a pick, then resign him the next year under a smaller contract. Schiano is a rock star but I don't know that anyone has the low hangers for that one.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 08, 2013, 03:15:26 PM

I feel like most good man corners have their inconsistencies.  It is a tough assignment to dominate all the time on that island, which is why the ones who can are so special.  Similar to the "elite" QB thing.
No doubt about that. Most of those guys like Sean Smith and Houston best ball is ahead of them.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#49 : February 15, 2013, 05:30:52 PM

Greg Toler should have been put on this list. I've been watching his 2012 season and he might just be the best fit for us.

He's 6ft 200lbs and he plays well in man coverage. Plays the ball and has good ball skills.

He's 28 and last year was really the first year he showed up, so he's not the only guy we should sign, but if we sign two CBs he would be a good pick for the 2nd one.
: February 15, 2013, 05:32:50 PM JDouble

HolyBuc

Starter
#50 : February 15, 2013, 10:11:45 PM

Greg Toler should have been put on this list. I've been watching his 2012 season and he might just be the best fit for us.

He's 6ft 200lbs and he plays well in man coverage. Plays the ball and has good ball skills.

He's 28 and last year was really the first year he showed up, so he's not the only guy we should sign, but if we sign two CBs he would be a good pick for the 2nd one.

I went and watched two Cardinal games Toler looks better than anything we have on the roster.  So does Derek Cox, Bradley Fletcher, Keenan Lewis and D.J. Moore, I would be great if we could land two of these players.  They shouldn't be that expensive 4-6 million dollar range?  Don't get me wrong signing a Grimes or Sean Smith would be great too, but we need two FA corners.  I can't remember a year with this many young and decently talented CBs being on the market.  All these guys have some warts wether injury or limited snaps or an off year, but you could throw a dart at the CB free agent list and would probably upgrade our roster.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 15, 2013, 10:26:33 PM

I don't think a guy like Toler would get more than $3M a year. Just not proven enough to command a larger salary than that.

HolyBuc

Starter
#52 : February 15, 2013, 11:00:53 PM

I really hope Dom realizes we can't go into the season with Johnson, Gorrer, Gaitor and EJ (I have NO ball skills) Biggers anywhere near the top of depth chart at CB.  I really hope EJ isn't resigned in hopes we sign a guy like Toler or Fletcher for the same money.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#53 : February 15, 2013, 11:11:41 PM

I agree on Biggers. He can stay with guys fairly well in man coverage,  but he doesn't play the ball at all and he always gets beat at the last second and gives up the reception. Plus he hasn't put on any weight in four years. He is so scrawny he gets over powered constantly. I'd like to see us keep Gaitor and Johnson as Nickel and DIme guys, but let Biggers walk. Sign a top free agent CB, and 2nd tier free agent CB, and then draft on in the first few rounds of the draft.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#54 : February 16, 2013, 12:35:06 AM

I am partial to Keenan Lewis.  I see where Richard Sherman named Lewis the 4th best corner in the league, beside himself..
: February 16, 2013, 12:41:13 AM ISLAND BUCS

spurzo

Second String

#55 : February 16, 2013, 12:37:33 AM

Sean Smith and Keenan Allen...  Smith is the big athletic type (6'3, 205) that we can match up the other teams bigger receiver and Allen is more of the compact feisty type (6'0, 200) that can play the possession receiver.  Really though I think we should sign one and draft one...  didn't Dominik say that one of the reasons we passed on Claiborne was that we liked this CB crop much more.  Pretty sure that 2nd or 3rd rounder will be a CB

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#56 : February 16, 2013, 12:53:51 AM

I don't have just one or two guys that I feel we have to get or else I'm disappointed. I think there are a lot of options at CB that will make us much better. If I had to pick a favorite/likely duo, I'd say maybe Keenan Lewis and Greg Toler. I think both guys are young and good, and we could probably get both guys for a combined salary of less than $10M a year....which is reasonable and based in reality.

Then get Rhodes or Poyer in the top of the draft.

Maybe still draft Leon McFadden or Robert Alford in the middle rounds.
: February 16, 2013, 12:55:56 AM JDouble

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#57 : February 16, 2013, 07:46:12 AM

Overpay Sean Smith . Not a big deal as long as you clear Easy E's 8 mill from the books 1st.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB Poll « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools