Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB Poll « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : February 05, 2013, 07:01:49 PM

" I could throw darts at those 14 names, take two randomly, and our secondary would be vastly improved."

Seems to be more a function of the bar being set low than a testament to the quality of the free agent selection available.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#31 : February 05, 2013, 07:16:41 PM

I think that all of these free agent CB's have serious question marks.

Cox and Porter have serious injury concerns
Grimes has the injury concern, as well as age and size questions
DRC has had his effort level and physicality questioned.  Two things that would seem to be important for Schiano
Smith has great size would seem to be an ideal fit schematically, but his play has been very inconsistent.  For the first half of the season he was playing at a pro-bowl level, but his play declined over the 2nd half of the season.
McKelvin has never panned out as a CB considering his draft position, but could invigorate the return game.  It should help that Wannestadt was his D.C. this past season in Buffalo.
Lewis is kind of a wild card to me.  I honestly don't know much about him.
Houston is experienced and solid, but does he have the physicality to play in Schiano's scheme?

My vote was for Smith and McKelvin.  Smith has shown that he can play at a high level, but needs to be more consistent.  That could come with experience and his skillset could excel in our system.  McKelvin could be good as a #3 and help in the return game.  We'd still have to draft someone, I like Ryan in round 2.  His experience with Schiano's system could be a valuable asset and help him contribute immediately.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 05, 2013, 07:31:27 PM

Any player on that list becomes our best corner over night , so beggars can't be choosers. I'll take any of them , thanks.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 05, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

" I could throw darts at those 14 names, take two randomly, and our secondary would be vastly improved."

Seems to be more a function of the bar being set low than a testament to the quality of the free agent selection available.

While any two of them chosen randomly would make us better, some would obviously make us better than others. The point is, our secondary will get better this offseason.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 05, 2013, 10:57:38 PM

Any player on that list becomes our best corner over night , so Biggers can't be choosers. I'll take any of them , thanks.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 06, 2013, 12:04:13 AM

Not too familiar with all of the players...but I'm going to assume a few things.

1. No off field shenanigans
2. Man corners that can be left in an island
3. Physical sound tacklers

I'm not sure this guy exists

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 06, 2013, 12:06:16 AM

He exists. His name is Champ Bailey....but they broke the mold after him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 06, 2013, 07:22:37 AM

How many times did Chump get burned in that playoff game again ??

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 06, 2013, 07:26:03 AM

He's almost 35 years old. He's not what he once was. What is your point?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 06, 2013, 07:39:24 AM

He's almost 35 years old. He's not what he once was. What is your point?

You weren't using the past tense in your prior post ....just making sure.

HolyBuc

Starter
#40 : February 08, 2013, 11:26:08 AM

I really would like the Bucs to bring Bradley Fletcher CB, STL  he was a bright spot a few years ago in St. Louis and he is very physical in man coverage.  St. Louis doesn't seem likely to resign him with Cortland and Janoris.  He would be a steal for 4-5 million a year.  He would be a great #2 corner..

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 08, 2013, 01:06:40 PM

I really would like the Bucs to bring Bradley Fletcher CB, STL  he was a bright spot a few years ago in St. Louis and he is very physical in man coverage.  St. Louis doesn't seem likely to resign him with Cortland and Janoris.  He would be a steal for 4-5 million a year.  He would be a great #2 corner..

nice find.  do you really think he will get that much?  he seems to be an under the radar guy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

HolyBuc

Starter
#42 : February 08, 2013, 01:21:14 PM

nice find.  do you really think he will get that much?  he seems to be an under the radar guy.

No but a 1 year prove it deal for $4 million would guarantee his services.  His torn ACLs, same knee twice are worrisome but he healed fast and as long as he passes a physical. Maybe a 3 year 10 million with the first year guaranteed.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#43 : February 08, 2013, 01:39:06 PM

Quick question.  how do I un ignore someone?  I accidentally put you on ignore JDub off my phone and it gets really annoying to keep hitting show me the post.
reported

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 08, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

Grimes/Jammer. If Grimes is healthy, he is the best corner on that list. Jammer is intriguing. He is a little long in the tooth but can still play at a decent level, is a sound tackler, can transition to FS, and can bring vet leadership if Ronde retires. Still spend a high draft back on a CB. I think that:

CB1 - Grimes,
CB2 - Jammer/draft pick
NB - draft pick/L. Johnson
SS - Barron
FS - Black/Jammer

is a pretty decent secondary. Keep McCoy, Clayborne and Bowers healthy, resign Bennett and draft some depth, and I think the D is ready to roll.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent CB Poll « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools