Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman: 2013 Predictions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 05, 2013, 04:32:29 PM

The last two guys to win the Super Bowl (Eli and Flacco) are about as good a comparison as it gets to Freeman. In a contract year with everything on the line we'll see what Freeman is really made of. I have big expectations for him for this season, but I wanna see what we do in the draft and free agency first. If the defense isn't improved then we won't make the playoffs no matter who's quarterback. Regardless of all of that though, hopefully he starts playing loose again instead of the robot pocket passer he's tried to be the last year and a half.

Id say that Eli and Flacco are about his ceiling and are about as good as he can be. The problem is we need to see it soon. Patience in him is wearing thin. Not just with fans but Im sure with Schiano as well. Huge year for 5. I hope he puts it together because if we move on we need to find somebody better. Its taken 30 plus years to get a guy to break the **CENSORED**ty franchise records. With this teams luck, how long would it take to find somebody better than that??

I don't see why Freeman has a lower ceiling than Manning or Flacco. It took Manning 6 years to throw 27 TDs and over 4000 yards. Flacco still doesn't have a season like that.

I don't see why Freeman can't get 30+ TDs, especially if he has another year in the system and picks up a talented slot WR/TE. Freeman had 27 TDs while missing wide open guys. It took guys like Brady and Brees a couple of years to put together those kinds of big statistical seasons consistently.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : February 05, 2013, 04:40:48 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 05, 2013, 04:41:31 PM

The last two guys to win the Super Bowl (Eli and Flacco) are about as good a comparison as it gets to Freeman. In a contract year with everything on the line we'll see what Freeman is really made of. I have big expectations for him for this season, but I wanna see what we do in the draft and free agency first. If the defense isn't improved then we won't make the playoffs no matter who's quarterback. Regardless of all of that though, hopefully he starts playing loose again instead of the robot pocket passer he's tried to be the last year and a half.

Id say that Eli and Flacco are about his ceiling and are about as good as he can be. The problem is we need to see it soon. Patience in him is wearing thin. Not just with fans but Im sure with Schiano as well. Huge year for 5. I hope he puts it together because if we move on we need to find somebody better. Its taken 30 plus years to get a guy to break the **CENSORED**ty franchise records. With this teams luck, how long would it take to find somebody better than that??

I don't see why Freeman has a lower ceiling than Manning or Flacco. It took Manning 6 years to throw 27 TDs and over 4000 yards. Flacco still doesn't have a season like that.

I don't see why Freeman can't get 30+ TDs, especially if he has another year in the system and picks up a talented slot WR/TE. Freeman had 27 TDs while missing wide open guys. It took guys like Brady and Brees a couple of years to put together those kinds of big statistical seasons consistently.

Teams figured him out by the second half of the year. Take away the deep ball and he lacks the smarts and accuracy to hurt you short and intermediate. You can talk about slot man or TE but that is not going to help because that is what Freeman doesn't do well is throw to those guys. 

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 05, 2013, 04:45:37 PM

http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/gallery/_/id/8915428/image/1/josh-freeman-josh-freeman-recreates-michael-jackson-thriller-wall-cover-espn-magazine-music-issue

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 05, 2013, 04:50:39 PM

The numbers are irrelevant. Does he win? You can't be an apologist on a hypothetical. At some point he had to lead us to victory.

I dont disagree Im just pointing out what usually happens. Im also saying that I think your right that hes not exactly that guy whos gonna lead the team to victory by himself as weve seen that his whole career. Lets be honest, the teams around him have sucked. Hes had to pretty much do it by himself. Thankfully he had Martin and Vjack help him out this year. My point is that is he good enough with a solid team around him to do what we need of him. I agree he does need to pick up the slack sometimes when the team isnt very good. I just want to see him with a supporting cast on defense. I feel that has a lot to do with his success. Its not easy to have to comeback in games a lot. Sometimes is good but not all the time. That aint easy.
You changed my words. Nobody said win by yourself. He had above average receivers, an average line and an above average running game. You aren't asking for a supporting cast. You are asking for everyone else to carry him.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 05, 2013, 05:02:49 PM

The numbers are irrelevant. Does he win? You can't be an apologist on a hypothetical. At some point he had to lead us to victory.

I dont disagree Im just pointing out what usually happens. Im also saying that I think your right that hes not exactly that guy whos gonna lead the team to victory by himself as weve seen that his whole career. Lets be honest, the teams around him have sucked. Hes had to pretty much do it by himself. Thankfully he had Martin and Vjack help him out this year. My point is that is he good enough with a solid team around him to do what we need of him. I agree he does need to pick up the slack sometimes when the team isnt very good. I just want to see him with a supporting cast on defense. I feel that has a lot to do with his success. Its not easy to have to comeback in games a lot. Sometimes is good but not all the time. That aint easy.
You changed my words. Nobody said win by yourself. He had above average receivers, an average line and an above average running game. You aren't asking for a supporting cast. You are asking for everyone else to carry him.

I want them to improve together. Defense and offense. I dont like putting the blame on one guy because this game doesnt work that way. It may be the way I wrote it but my bottom line is this: The team to improve and Freeman to improve his game as well. If both happen the team wins more games.
: February 05, 2013, 05:09:29 PM BucBalla85

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 05, 2013, 05:20:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/gallery/_/id/8915428/image/1/josh-freeman-josh-freeman-recreates-michael-jackson-thriller-wall-cover-espn-magazine-music-issue

There is something seriously wrong with Freeman.
: February 05, 2013, 05:29:02 PM JavaRay

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 05, 2013, 05:25:50 PM

I want them to improve together. Defense and offense. I dont like putting the blame on one guy because this game doesnt work that way. It may be the way I wrote it but my bottom line is this: The team to improve and Freeman to improve his game as well. If both happen the team wins more games.
Yeah but real life often doesn't work that way. The QB gets the most praise and blame. He determines what it all means. He has to compensate for others deficiencies, not the other way around. The latter only works if you have a 2002 Bucs like defense.

In Verner We Trust

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 05, 2013, 05:28:45 PM

You need to recheck the comparison of Josh and Eli's first 41 games. Josh's stats are superior and he didn't have the supporting cast or the coaching Eli had. Flacco has been erratic as hell also, but has had the same HC and a great defense to carry him into the playoffs every year. He is definitely better than he was, but I want to see some consistency out of him before saying he's that much better than Freeman. I'm confident the pass defense won't be an issue next year and Freeman will prove himself. He will have no disadvantage in coaching or in the team in general. Of course when that happens the haters will just say the team carried him. I'm going to say they held up their end like they are supposed to.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 05, 2013, 05:32:03 PM

Teams figured him out by the second half of the year. Take away the deep ball and he lacks the smarts and accuracy to hurt you short and intermediate. You can talk about slot man or TE but that is not going to help because that is what Freeman doesn't do well is throw to those guys.

That's all that he did in 2009-2011 throwing to KW2. He also had success with Preston Parker in 2011.

It's not a stretch to think that he can put both of those aspects of his game together.

Freeman isn't dumb either, and it's not like Flacco and Eli are geniuses.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 05, 2013, 05:36:15 PM

Ravens'  d was ranked 17th this year. That's hardly great.
Eli won 11 games in his second season. In his fourth season he won it all. Freeman is entering Year 5. Put up or be gone.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 05, 2013, 05:52:34 PM

Yeah but real life often doesn't work that way. The QB gets the most praise and blame. He determines what it all means. He has to compensate for others deficiencies, not the other way around. The latter only works if you have a 2002 Bucs like defense.

I think if you have a solid team with a solid QB anything can happen. I think Freeman can improve his game enough to be solid enough to win it all but he has to have a solid team with him. I dont think we give up on him because we dont have a solid team yet. We have a solid team and no QB we will wish we kept freeman. Thats the risk you take if you give up on him prematurely. I just think its way too early and if the team gets better around him he could be good enough to help the team win games. Its a team game and Freeman isnt elite, therefore we need to improve team around him to get to next level. Playoffs. To get further than that, Freeman will have to pick up the slack when things arent working. Lets see him in that situation first before we say he cant do it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 05, 2013, 06:05:35 PM

Eli won 11 games in his second season. In his fourth season he won it all. Freeman is entering Year 5. Put up or be gone.

Put Eli or Flacco on the 2009 Bucs with Raheem as their coach and their #s would change.

Give Freeman the 17th ranked defense and the Bucs would have been in the playoffs.

Freeman would have had 11 wins in his first full season if somebody from Detroit hadn't bribed the officials.

In Eli's 4th season the Giants' defense killed Tom Brady. Eli got lucky on a fluke pass play. Again.......compare the first 41 starts of Eli and Josh, compare the rosters, compare the coaching staffs. Josh had better stats on a much worse team. 2013 will be at least a little more fair in making a comparison. Our roster will have a little more experience, a lot more talent, and our HC isn't senile.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 05, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

Lol at senile. Got me there. Fair enough spark.

In Verner We Trust

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 05, 2013, 07:09:21 PM

Put Eli or Flacco on the 2009 Bucs with Raheem as their coach and their #s would change.

Give Freeman the 17th ranked defense and the Bucs would have been in the playoffs.

Freeman would have had 11 wins in his first full season if somebody from Detroit hadn't bribed the officials.

In Eli's 4th season the Giants' defense killed Tom Brady. Eli got lucky on a fluke pass play. Again.......compare the first 41 starts of Eli and Josh, compare the rosters, compare the coaching staffs. Josh had better stats on a much worse team. 2013 will be at least a little more fair in making a comparison. Our roster will have a little more experience, a lot more talent, and our HC isn't senile.

Umm...so allowing 69 less passing yards per game, and the Bucs would have made the playoffs....not likely.

The Bucs did NOT lose that game to Detroit because of the PI call on Winslow with around 9 minutes left in the 4th. It's such horsesh*t when people use that lameass excuse, no matter how they are bringing it up. Bad calls happen. Good teams rise up and overcome.

Eli played good in the playoffs that year and was a main contributor to 3 road wins leading up to that Super Bowl. I will say that the Tyree catch was luck, but a fluke....? That "F" word wouldn't even come up if precious Freeman weren't the target of criticism. Stats are situation and mean nothing.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman: 2013 Predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools