Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman: 2013 Predictions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#45 : February 05, 2013, 08:52:35 PM

Ravens'  d was ranked 17th this year. That's hardly great.
Eli won 11 games in his second season. In his fourth season he won it all. Freeman is entering Year 5. Put up or be gone.

Put Eli or Flacco on the 2009 Bucs with Raheem as their coach and their #s would change.

Give Freeman the 17th ranked defense and the Bucs would have been in the playoffs.

Freeman would have had 11 wins in his first full season if somebody from Detroit hadn't bribed the officials.

In Eli's 4th season the Giants' defense killed Tom Brady. Eli got lucky on a fluke pass play. Again.......compare the first 41 starts of Eli and Josh, compare the rosters, compare the coaching staffs. Josh had better stats on a much worse team. 2013 will be at least a little more fair in making a comparison. Our roster will have a little more experience, a lot more talent, and our HC isn't senile.

Umm...so allowing 69 less passing yards per game, and the Bucs would have made the playoffs....not likely.

The Bucs did NOT lose that game to Detroit because of the PI call on Winslow with around 9 minutes left in the 4th. It's such horsesh*t when people use that lameass excuse, no matter how they are bringing it up. Bad calls happen. Good teams rise up and overcome.

Eli played good in the playoffs that year and was a main contributor to 3 road wins leading up to that Super Bowl. I will say that the Tyree catch was luck, but a fluke....? That "F" word wouldn't even come up if precious Freeman weren't the target of criticism. Stats are situation and mean nothing.

Those 69 yards wouldn't all happen to be third down conversions or td's by any chance?

69 yards can deffinately be a huge factor in winning or losing. Game of yards my friend, and that's a lot of yards.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#46 : February 05, 2013, 09:11:26 PM

Impossible to predict.

But I want to see if he starts acting like a QB who knows whats up.

Not this crap:

ingey1968

Starter

#47 : February 05, 2013, 09:49:06 PM

He is what he is, its time to stop wondering if he will ever be elite, That ship has sailed

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#48 : February 05, 2013, 11:28:01 PM

I'm an optimist, so I'm going to cheer for him to succeed as long as he's on the team.   I'm not sure if he'll ever be the QB that wins the big games, but I'm going to hope he proves me wrong.  Unlike a lot of other "fans" who hope he fails so they can come back on to post they were right. 

I also wouldn't complain if he were traded for draft picks, either.  The last thing I want to see is for him to suck next season, then walk as a free agent and the team is still stuck with a hole at QB.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman: 2013 Predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools