Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we put a tender on Blount? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

smithcar

Starter

: February 05, 2013, 01:09:25 PM

I would love to see us put a tender on Blount with hopes of someone still sigining him and we could gain a draft pick.  It would likely have to be a 4th or 5th round tender or nobody would bite and we would be stuck with him.  Being stuck with him wouldn't be the end of the world in my eyes but we don't use him so should try to get something for him.  He was a FA pick up for us so gaining a 4th or 5th round pick would be nice, we could try to push it to a 3rd, he was a 1000yd rusher not long ago and is still young with minimal carries in the league.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 05, 2013, 01:15:02 PM

Tender him, even if we only get a 7th in a trade

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 05, 2013, 01:22:36 PM

I don't know. I do believe once he is on the market a team will sign him within two weeks.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 05, 2013, 01:50:31 PM

He has little value, we don't tender him because we don't want him on this team and don't want to run the risk of him sticking around one more year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 05, 2013, 01:55:37 PM

He has little value, we don't tender him because we don't want him on this team and don't want to run the risk of him sticking around one more year.

This. It was fun while it lasted but it's time to go our separate ways. Let him walk.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 05, 2013, 05:44:08 PM

It had to be an attitude problem. We all know he can play. Schiano just kept him as insurance. Get something for him from somebody.......maybe the Rams. Fisher knows him better than anybody, and he wasn't happy when the Bucs snatched him up. This is one area I think Schiano screwed up. He should have found some way to keep Blount involved. Doug posted great numbers, but he should have. He was the only RB Schiano used. A rotation keeps players healthy and extends careers.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 05, 2013, 05:44:41 PM

Let me think about it....no.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : February 05, 2013, 05:57:53 PM

They could have traded him for a decent draft pick last year.   I said to trade him and was called a "troll" for suggesting that.   

Too late now, but now everyone realizes that would have been a good move.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 05, 2013, 06:01:37 PM

They could have traded him for a decent draft pick last year.   I said to trade him and was called a "troll" for suggesting that.   

Too late now, but now everyone realizes that would have been a good move.

Didn't they shop him and find basically nothing?  GMs realize that RBs are easily replaceable these days, they aren't trading anything good for an RB unless it's a superstar RB.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : February 05, 2013, 06:02:27 PM

They did not shop him prior to the draft.    That's when they needed to trade him.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#10 : February 05, 2013, 09:46:45 PM

They didnt know that Doug would be that good they thought blount would be useful to a point but they needed him in case Doug turned out to be a bust... but he didn't so we can trade him for basically nothing or keep him around for another year... we can try to package him and Wright in a deal for Revis but thats the best scenario i can think of

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 05, 2013, 10:03:35 PM

Let's see... no one wants Tebow.... no one wants Blount.... Hmmmm.... Could be the perfect trade  :D

smithcar

Starter

#12 : February 05, 2013, 10:10:44 PM

I would rather keep or cut Blount than get Tebow

2goodbucs

Starter
#13 : February 05, 2013, 10:28:25 PM

Eagles are more likely to get Blount since Chip Kelly is their HC.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 05, 2013, 10:33:57 PM

Blount will stay in Tampa.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we put a tender on Blount? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools