Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 Quarterbacks With Something to Prove in 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #30 : February 07, 2013, 04:01:19 PM »

People like to quote the passing yard totals or other horrible stats, but when it comes down to it, all that matters is points.

Like the 25 the Giants dropped in the 4th qtr?

You point this out, but fail to mention that the defense had absolutely dominated the Giants for the first three quarters. That's fair.

I never put the Giant's game on Freeman anyways, so why bring it up?

2002Champs2055

Rookie

« #31 : February 07, 2013, 04:04:18 PM »

"Statistically, 2012 was quarterback Josh Freeman’s best season in the league; however he has still left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with something to be desired. "

maybe he had the most TD's and or yards..but in 2010 he had the 8th best touchdown to interception ratio ever(25/6). So i disagree completely with that

I agree.

This list is garbage, and his reasoning for listing those QBs are all wrong.

I do agree with Stafford and Romo.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #32 : February 07, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »

Seriuosly, it was Freeman and his offense that lost us the game vs Phillie, because they did not put up more points earlier in the game? The defense giving up 15 points in the last 4 minutes is not the reason why?

The offense goes three and out for the whole first half and scores zero points verse one of the worst defenses in football, which puts the defense on the field all day long and has them worn out and tired by the 4th quarter....but it's not the offenses fault? Freeman was absolute garbage in that game. That is why we lost. Same for the Saints game. Same for the Rams game.

I already answered those questions myself... in the very same post, in the very next paragraph.

But again, you are cherry picking, isolating etc losing sight of the big picture... bigotry at its best.

Against OAK, SD, MINN, games in which the defense was not even asked to help out much at all, they almost gave away those games aswell.
How many games did we win DESPITE Freeman?

When we have the #23 scoring defense, its just the #13 scoing offense to blame?(29/9 per yards)
When we have the #32 pass defense, its just the #9 QB in yards, #7 in TDs to blame?

But yeah, its not as bad as people want to make it. LMAO

You might be able to account the offense for us missing out on the POs aswell, beside our defense. I'm not even arguing our offense deserving some blame.
But its safe to say the offense was the reason why we were in the PO picture. No way you can say the same about our defense.

Where was our defense all year? Our offense i atleast saw a few times.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #33 : February 07, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »

The D being on the field all game being the offenses fault is funny as well. How many 3rd downs did this allow teams to complete keeping themselves on the field. the D was terrible aside from stopping the run and collapsed several times throughout the season costing the Bucs a good 3-4 wins.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #34 : February 07, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »

People like to quote the passing yard totals or other horrible stats, but when it comes down to it, all that matters is points.

You point this out, but fail to mention that the defense had absolutely dominated the Giants for the first three quarters. That's fair.

Just because the Bucs got a couple INT's doesn't mean they "dominated" the Giants. They still gave up 264 yards in the first half. They gave up 110 yards in the third quarter. They got dominated on every play that didn't end in a INT.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #35 : February 07, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »

"but the offense averaging 13.3 points per game is why we missed the playoffs'

That's your quote. That's why I bring it up. We missed the playoffs because the defense SUCKED, especially with the lead in the 4th qtr. You can talk about the Saints and Rams games till you're blue in the face but at that point the season was OVER.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #36 : February 07, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »

The season is done. We know the facts moving ahead and what must be fixed.

Josh has to be more consistent, period. If he isn't, then this is his last season with the Bucs. It sucks, but it is what it is.

The defense, especially the pass defense, needs a drastic overhaul. If we can't move to at least a middle of the pack pass defense while maintaining a stout presence against the run, we have no chance of being a legitmate playoff team.

Fix those, we win. Dont fix those, we lose. Period.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #37 : February 07, 2013, 07:34:58 PM »

Seriuosly, it was Freeman and his offense that lost us the game vs Phillie, because they did not put up more points earlier in the game? The defense giving up 15 points in the last 4 minutes is not the reason why?

The offense goes three and out for the whole first half and scores zero points verse one of the worst defenses in football, which puts the defense on the field all day long and has them worn out and tired by the 4th quarter....but it's not the offenses fault? Freeman was absolute garbage in that game. That is why we lost. Same for the Saints game. Same for the Rams game.

I already answered those questions myself... in the very same post, in the very next paragraph.

But again, you are cherry picking, isolating etc losing sight of the big picture... bigotry at its best.

Against OAK, SD, MINN, games in which the defense was not even asked to help out much at all, they almost gave away those games aswell.
How many games did we win DESPITE Freeman?

When we have the #23 scoring defense, its just the #13 scoing offense to blame?(29/9 per yards)
When we have the #32 pass defense, its just the #9 QB in yards, #7 in TDs to blame?

But yeah, its not as bad as people want to make it. LMAO

You might be able to account the offense for us missing out on the POs aswell, beside our defense. I'm not even arguing our offense deserving some blame.
But its safe to say the offense was the reason why we were in the PO picture. No way you can say the same about our defense.

Where was our defense all year? Our offense i atleast saw a few times.

I quit reading after you called be a bigot.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #38 : February 07, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »

Just because the Bucs got a couple INT's doesn't mean they "dominated" the Giants. They still gave up 264 yards in the first half. They gave up 110 yards in the third quarter. They got dominated on every play that didn't end in a INT.

Who cares about yards? We allowed 3 FGs and a TD in the first three quarters. We forced three interceptions and a fumble. They couldn't do much of anything. If it wasn't for Freeman's untimely interception, they wouldn't even of had the one TD. When the clock hits 00:00 the winner isn't the team with the most yards.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #39 : February 07, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »

and people wonder why so many have seen enough of Freeman. Go on game rewind, watch the those 6 games, and tell me with a straight face that you really want Freeman back.

Are you just mad because you predicted he was going to go "beast mode" last season simply because he was skinnier ?

You shouldn't hold grudges.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #40 : February 07, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »

"but the offense averaging 13.3 points per game is why we missed the playoffs'

That's your quote. That's why I bring it up. We missed the playoffs because the defense SUCKED, especially with the lead in the 4th qtr. You can talk about the Saints and Rams games till you're blue in the face but at that point the season was OVER.

The 13.3 points per game is from the last 6 games, so again....has nothing to do with the Giants game in week two.

You can't get past the fact that ALL 16 GAMES COUNT so I'm really over talking to you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #41 : February 07, 2013, 08:25:03 PM »

The season was over after we lost to the Eagles that put as at 6-7, so for you, or anyone, to use stats from the last 3 games as to why we missed the playoffs is beyond stupid.

We had no way of knowing if 9-7 would get us into the wildcard or not. It was a log jam and it was obvious that some 9 win and 10 win teams were going to get in. So who is really being beyond stupid here? Don't try to discard the facts that hurt your argument simply because you don't want to deal with them. It invalidates your entire post. The stats from the final 3 or 4 games are just as valid as the rest of the season. Picking and choosing doesn't make sense.

Preach!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #42 : February 07, 2013, 08:28:49 PM »

For us to get in at 9-7 it would have taken

1. Bears go 0-3 (went 2-1)
AND
2. Giants go 0-3 (went 1-2)
AND
3. Vikings go 2-1 or worse(went 3-0)
AND
4. Cowboys go 1-2 or worse (actually went 1-2)

something crazy like this. You guys using the last 3 games as your campaign to boot Freeman is cheap. They were glorified pre-season games.

Hilarious!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #43 : February 07, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »

Are you serious right now? They were regular season games! They mattered! They count! Stop being an idiot. Seriously. **CENSORED**.

The word "freepologist" was created for people like 5100.

"Ignore the stats that I don't like, and only pay attention to the positive."

5100 might be Freeman's gay lover.

...oh wait, should I not imply that Freeman is gay..??

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 Quarterbacks With Something to Prove in 2013 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools