Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we put a tender on Blount? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 05, 2013, 10:40:52 PM

How could you trade him last year when we didnt have another proven backup to carry the load if Martin got hurt or hit the rookie wall? Comparing trading him last year to trading him now when you have free agency and/or the draft to get a a solid backup to Martin is dumb

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 05, 2013, 11:59:34 PM

It's interesting that we haven't heard any rumors from the team or the player's camp on this one.  I think we tender him 3rd or 4th round and if we can't get him traded, we hang on to him for another year.  If he really wanted out, I would have thought we would have heard about it.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 06, 2013, 12:11:05 AM

They could have traded him for a decent draft pick last year.   I said to trade him and was called a "troll" for suggesting that.   

Too late now, but now everyone realizes that would have been a good move.

No, you were called a troll because you thought we should have signed Peyton Hillis and dumped Blount, which also would have been a **CENSORED**ty move.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 06, 2013, 07:23:57 AM

OK , I thought about this a little more and...no.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 06, 2013, 08:04:27 AM

Just let him walk and go where he feels he best fits. We've completely killed his value anyways by keeping him on the bench for an entire year.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#20 : February 06, 2013, 08:10:19 AM

Just let him walk and go where he feels he best fits. We've completely killed his value anyways by keeping him on the bench for an entire year.

Yep

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 06, 2013, 09:25:42 AM

He killed his own value by sucking too bad to get off the bench.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 06, 2013, 09:30:08 AM

Tender him an offer that makes him easily available for any team to trade for him.

Super Selmon

Starter
#23 : February 06, 2013, 10:29:05 AM

I think coach Shiano has a plan for Blount.  With our O-line healthy and a possible RT early in the draft and a fresh  LaGarette going into his final year of his rookie contract. I  see him having a solid year. If we can get him clean to the line of scrimmage lookout. How quickly we forget how energized the fan base and the team were when he was running through, hurdling or dragging 4 or 5 defenders. Yes he can't block wind but with the ball in his hand and a open hole he is one of the most physical backs in the league when running in between the tackles. I think we use a third round tender on him if he is in our plans, and I think he is. We will see what happens soon enough.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 06, 2013, 10:49:52 AM

I think coach Shiano has a plan for Blount.  With our O-line healthy and a possible RT early in the draft and a fresh  LaGarette going into his final year of his rookie contract. I  see him having a solid year. If we can get him clean to the line of scrimmage lookout. How quickly we forget how energized the fan base and the team were when he was running through, hurdling or dragging 4 or 5 defenders. Yes he can't block wind but with the ball in his hand and a open hole he is one of the most physical backs in the league when running in between the tackles. I think we use a third round tender on him if he is in our plans, and I think he is. We will see what happens soon enough.

Last season was his final year on his contract. He will be a restricted free agent this year. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 06, 2013, 08:59:34 PM

I like him but having said that, I think its pretty clear he doesn't fit the teams plans. For whatever reason.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 07, 2013, 07:27:47 AM

I like him but having said that, I think its pretty clear he doesn't fit the teams plans. For whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure that reason is that he's a one-dimensional dumb ass who sucks as a change of pace guy .

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 07, 2013, 08:38:28 AM

Its a risky move, because he flat out sucks in relief time, DJ Ware was better than him at spelling Martin. I think you tender him and hope for a trade, someone will get desperate.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 07, 2013, 09:51:23 AM

Wow. You fans talk about Blount like he has no skills whatsoever. Yet, were riding his jock in 2010 to replace Caddy and wanted him to get the ball more carries in 2011. The love of fans is very fragile.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 07, 2013, 11:13:11 AM

He was great fun to watch. Most entertaining runner in the NFL in 2010...but he is too one dimensional for Schiano and we obviously aren't using him, so let him go and move on.  Pretty simple.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we put a tender on Blount? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools