Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rob Ryan to NO? « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: February 06, 2013, 06:44:07 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8919487/new-orleans-saints-plan-hire-rob-ryan-defensive-coordinator-according-sources

Frankly having watched Ryan's act here in Dallas the last few years I'd love to see this happen. Ryan's defense needs a ton more talent than NO has on it. It puts a lot of pressure on DB's who are isolated on the edges and schematically seems to cause more confusion for the defense than against it. They also have no one to fill a 34 pass rushing role so unless they get lucky and draft Von Miller/Aldon Smith II they're hosed.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 06, 2013, 07:51:16 PM

Good name hire, but like you said, if they can't get lucky and find a good-great pass rusher they won't have much success.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 06, 2013, 08:39:37 PM

I have been predicting a down year for the Aints.  Payton coming back in.   Carolina is in cap hell.  The Bucs really need to seize the opportunity next season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

smithcar

Starter

#3 : February 06, 2013, 10:17:10 PM

I would love this he could really screw up their defense and help us out

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#4 : February 06, 2013, 10:22:23 PM

Ryan is a helluva good defensive coordinator.   Look at what he did against the Bucs this past year.   Totally shut them down and made Freeman look like a fool.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 06, 2013, 10:23:19 PM

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 06, 2013, 11:29:00 PM

Ryan is a helluva good defensive coordinator.   Look at what he did against the Bucs this past year.   Totally shut them down and made Freeman look like a fool.

The Bucs have a pretty good offense? Java I knew you thought highly of the Bucs. I agree Ryan shutting down the Bucs top offense took some good coaching.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 06, 2013, 11:30:27 PM

Even shutting down the worst offense in NFL history as completely as the Cowboys did in that one is impressive. 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 07, 2013, 08:52:10 AM

Rob Ryan has never been a DC for a team in the playoffs. Hell I don't think one has even had a winning record.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 07, 2013, 09:06:28 AM

Lol..   this hire will not end well.

A good thing for the Bucs IMO.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 07, 2013, 12:13:50 PM

I think the thing about Ryan as opposed to say a **CENSORED** LeBeau is that LeBeau blitzes all over the place but plays a lot of zone behind it. It is a safe blitz. Ryan plays a lot of 0 coverage and single safety stuff behind his madcap blitzes. He's really risking a lot of big plays (hello VJax). The other thing is that Ryan's bltizes are exotic but not always sound so you can gash him in the run game as well. He might be ok for someplaces but in this division in particular I think he's gonna get lit.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 07, 2013, 12:17:51 PM

You are forgetting the part about what a general buffoon he is - I think he's a distraction to a team and I love him going to the Saints.

I haven't taken a microscope to the Saints roster, but off the top of my head I don't see a lot of front 7 guys that will be reborn in the 3-4. I suppose Cam Jordan has experience in it, and it probably helps Curtis Lofton.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 07, 2013, 12:33:38 PM

You are forgetting the part about what a general buffoon he is - I think he's a distraction to a team and I love him going to the Saints.

I haven't taken a microscope to the Saints roster, but off the top of my head I don't see a lot of front 7 guys that will be reborn in the 3-4. I suppose Cam Jordan has experience in it, and it probably helps Curtis Lofton.

He is a buffoon and his units have reflected that. They were just all over the place, out of place and stupid here in Dallas.  I think in particular he's gonna be a big mouth with no parts to back up that talk with the Saints team who need at least 2 offseasons to try and rebuild that defense.

Jordan is their best fit part as a 5 technique. I don't see any 34 LB's at all to be honest and certainly no OLB's. I'd assume this is a big draft focus.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 07, 2013, 12:39:47 PM

He is a buffoon and his units have reflected that. They were just all over the place, out of place and stupid here in Dallas.  I think in particular he's gonna be a big mouth with no parts to back up that talk with the Saints team who need at least 2 offseasons to try and rebuild that defense.

Jordan is their best fit part as a 5 technique. I don't see any 34 LB's at all to be honest and certainly no OLB's. I'd assume this is a big draft focus.
Martez Wilson can play OLB in 34 but other than him they need some serious help of they want to run that scheme.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rob Ryan to NO? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools