Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jarvis Jones making a Bowers like slide? « previous next »
Page: 1

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
: February 05, 2013, 11:19:28 PM

Both were considered top 5 picks, and like Bowers it seems Jones is slipping in the mocks. Some even suggesting he might fall to the second round now due to health concerns. I know allot of us were thinking of Bowers in the first that year when he started to fall, and we might think the same of Jones this year. If he falls past 13, at what point do you trade back up to get him? It would take a 2 and a 3 to move up into the late 20's and a 2 and a 4 to get into the early to mid 30's.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#1 : February 05, 2013, 11:33:06 PM

If his health concerns are valid, then I don't think Schiano will even have him on his draft board.  Obviously spine injuries are a sore topic for Schiano.  I know LeGrand's injury was a traumatic injury, and not a chronic degenerative thing like spinal stenosis.  I still don't see Schiano fielding a player if it could cause him issues down the line, though.  If he gets the all clear from the medical evaluators, then I'd say take him at 13 or even trade up a few spots if need be (as long as we address the CB need in FA).

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 06, 2013, 09:06:18 AM

or could the spinal stenosis help the player be drafted by Schiano?  schiano knows jones will get drafted...who would attempt to keep him safe more than schiano?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 06, 2013, 09:12:46 AM

Slide him right to the Bucs.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 06, 2013, 02:38:59 PM

Slide him right to the Bucs.

Slide him to the Bucs at 13, or wait and let him keep tumbling like Bowers? If his stock plummets a bit more after the combine and medical evaluations I might grab Richardson and then package the 2 and 4 to go get him at the top of the second. assuming we have FA corners.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 06, 2013, 02:48:40 PM

I might grab Richardson

i would like a quality backup to mccoy...but not sure id use #13 to do it.  sounds great to have 2 pass rushers, but is it realistic?  is richardson gonna be any better a pass rusher from the inside than bowers or bennett?

CanadianBuc

Starter
#6 : February 06, 2013, 04:04:02 PM

Perfect 2013 Off-Season:

Sign:
Michael Bennett
Roy Miller
Ronde Barber
Derek Cox
Will Beatty
Jairus Byrd

Draft:
1. Sheldon Richardson
1. Desmond Trufant (TRADE UP)
2. Jarvis Jones (TRADE UP)
3. Logan Ryan
7. Devin Taylor

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 06, 2013, 04:55:44 PM

way too heavy with FA's, but most of them are pretty reasonable.

FA

bennett - 8mil
miller - 2mil
biggers - peanuts

sean smith - 8 mil
derek cox - 4 mil
leodis mckelvin - 4mil
martellus bennett - 4mil
louis delmas - 4mil
shonn greene - 2mil
matt moore - 2mil

Draft

1 - Jarvis Jones
2 - barrett jones - package a 4th to move up. 
3 - brandon williams
4 - ryan swo.pe
5 - denard robinson
6 - lonnie pryor. 
7 - keith pough

and if i didnt already go overboard on FA's...find a way to throw some money at boldin and bring him home to Florida to finish his career in front of his family.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 06, 2013, 05:08:14 PM

Perfect 2013 Off-Season:

Sign:
Michael Bennett
Roy Miller
Ronde Barber
Derek Cox
Will Beatty
Jairus Byrd

Draft:
1. Sheldon Richardson
1. Desmond Trufant (TRADE UP)
2. Jarvis Jones (TRADE UP)
3. Logan Ryan
7. Devin Taylor

Meh....I predict a wee bit more of a splash than Jarius Byrd, Will Beatty and Derek Cox. Jarius Byrd would be a hell of an upgrade over Ronde but Derek Cox and a rookie second rounder still aren't exactly striking fear in anybody's hearts. And although Jarvis Jones is sliding he is definitely not sliding all the way to the end of round 2. Somebody like the Steelers, Giants, Ravens or Patriots will scoop him in a millisecond if he's there when they pick. Probably because those organizations aren't run by idiots. And I'm not sure why exactly we'd bring back Ronde to be our backup safety/fourth string corner if we do all that.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#9 : February 07, 2013, 12:09:42 PM

I'd jump all over a Jarvis Jones pick

Ms Elam

Starter

#10 : February 07, 2013, 12:30:43 PM

There were similar concerns about Gronks spinal injury...... He seems fine.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 07, 2013, 12:37:20 PM

There were similar concerns about Gronks spinal injury...... He seems fine.
Gronkowski has a "normal" spine that he injured and had to rehab it. Jones doesn't have a "normal" spine.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 07, 2013, 12:40:09 PM

I just hope they are pretty active in FA again so they can be more flexable in what they do in the draft. Dont absolutely need one thing over another but just get what helps the team most.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jarvis Jones making a Bowers like slide? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools