Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs new video board « previous next »
Page: 1

csidedave

Second String
: February 06, 2013, 08:31:24 AM

According the the TSA web site, the Raymond James Stadium new video board  contract is about to be awarded.  It is scheduled to be ready for the 2013 season.  Although it is going to be better quality and HD, I was a little disappointed to see they will probably still be the same size as the old ones (24x92 feet).   These provide a very narrow field of view.

There is an optional bid request for much larger screens which would be 48x160 feet but the bids came in much higher for that.  With so much more emphasis on the in-game experience and the desire to lure more Super Bowls, I am hoping that that the larger screens somehow get approved.   Since the taxpayers via TSA are on the hook for the video board replacement, I hope the Glazers see the value in chipping in for the extra cost of the larger screens.  It would make a huge difference and generate a lot more ticket sales.  Look at all the buzz the Cowboy's video has created.   These are the screens that will be used for the next 10-20 years. 

Can any of the PR writers contact TSA and see what the status of this contract is?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : February 06, 2013, 08:33:11 AM

Since the taxpayers via TSA are on the hook for the video board replacement, I hope the Glazers see the value in chipping in for the extra cost of the larger screens.

There is zero chance of the Glazers chipping in anything.    But what could happen is the tax payers pay more and get those bigger screens.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs new video board « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools