Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Nike "Limited" Jersey question? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 08, 2013, 08:41:20 PM

Not a fan of the collars either. All black please.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 11, 2013, 09:07:02 AM

Lose the Dracula collars next year , please Nike.....stupidest design ever.

They made that dumbass collar for a reason: so they could say "oops, fans don't like the collar," so let's redo it and force the imbeciles who paid $100 for the 2012 mesh shirts and now buy the 2013 mesh shirt with the 'updated collar'.

Whoever drops a benji on this **CENSORED** is a buffoon, or is someone who has the money to literrally piss it out on such overpriced garbage.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 11, 2013, 11:07:20 AM

I love my jersey. I guess that makes me a buffoon.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 11, 2013, 12:16:40 PM

Jdouble loves his jersey because it saves his cheap ass money on halloween.

: February 11, 2013, 05:00:47 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : February 11, 2013, 04:39:13 PM

Don't need a jersey to make that happen.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 12, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

OR......you just have the money to piss down the drain.

I gave you a choice and you took the former.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 12, 2013, 11:14:10 AM

Or... I like the $100 Nike jersey waaay more than I ever liked the reebok version. Why do I have to be pissing my money away or a buffoon simply because I don't share your opinion?

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 12, 2013, 01:19:23 PM

Or... I like the $100 Nike jersey waaay more than I ever liked the reebok version. Why do I have to be pissing my money away or a buffoon simply because I don't share your opinion?

Yet, you want all black collars like on the Reebok ones.

Okay, you're not a buffoon nor a money-pisser. However, you see no issue with buying a $100.00 piece of mesh that only cost $5 to manufacture. I don't mind mark-ups as that is what our country is built on, but if you don't think Nike is bending you over (w/ no offer of Vasoline) with that price tag, then I feel bad for you.

My issue with this astronomically priced piece of mesh is that fans seem to not have any issue paying such an exhorbitant amt for it. I wish people weren't so damn sheepish, and would boycott buying pieces of mesh for 1 benji each.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 12, 2013, 02:52:42 PM

So do you feel the Reebok jerseys were better value? Or do you just think jerseys are stupid in general?

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 13, 2013, 10:03:49 AM

So do you feel the Reebok jerseys were better value? Or do you just think jerseys are stupid in general?

Yes and no. I've always preferred Nike over Reebok, but for them to put that kind of price tag on replica jerseys is insulting to fans.......the ones who fund the NFL.

Reebok had a good thing going. I thought their jerseys were fine. Most of the time, you could find jerseys for $40-$60.

Nike, though, is America's bread and butter clothing/shoe company and having them being the maker of NFL gear was long overdue. But their price tags are ridiculous. Hopefully, that will change and these outrageous amounts are just a 'first year' thing.

No, I don't care for wearing jerseys anymore. I have no qualms at all with those who do. I'd much rather collect them than actually wear them.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 13, 2013, 12:29:53 PM

Well everyone has there own opinion. For me, I hated Reebok jerseys. They were like big plastic trash bags. No shape, way too oversized, hot and sticky in the Florida sun. And I wish I would have known where to get them for $40-$60 because I always paid $100 for the basic Reebok, just like the I pay $100 for the basic Nike. The difference to me is that the Nike fits really nice, and it is made of a much more comfortable, cooler material that breaths.

Maybe I'm just use to the $100 price tag for a jersey, but it doesn't seem outrageous to me. I'd really like to get one of the new Nike Elite jerseys, but $250 is just too much for me, no matter how nice they look.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 13, 2013, 12:36:41 PM

It is ridiculous though at how slow the new jerseys have come available. It's been an entire year since the switch and you can't find anything besides Freeman, Martin, Barron, Jackson, or or Williams. And those are all red jerseys and all the basic $100. If you want white, there is Freeman, Blount, or Jackson. If you want a limited or elite jersey....your options are.....Freeman. It's **CENSORED**ing retarded. I would probably have broken down and purchased an elite or limited white Doug Martin jersey by now....if it was actually available.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#27 : February 14, 2013, 09:16:37 AM

It is ridiculous though at how slow the new jerseys have come available. It's been an entire year since the switch and you can't find anything besides Freeman, Martin, Barron, Jackson, or or Williams. And those are all red jerseys and all the basic $100. If you want white, there is Freeman, Blount, or Jackson. If you want a limited or elite jersey....your options are.....Freeman. It's **CENSORED**ing retarded. I would probably have broken down and purchased an elite or limited white Doug Martin jersey by now....if it was actually available.

See, Nike has you pissed because they don't have the jersey number/name you want available.......that you will drop a benji on RIGHT NOW........Nike's got fans by the nuts as I've heard this same complaint out of several people.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 14, 2013, 09:22:44 AM

Not really man. I would have bought the red Martin jersey I own either way. I wore it to 4 home games and to the bar for 3 away games, so I feel like I got my money's worth already....although I'm sure I'll continue to wear it for years to come.

Now that I would also like a white elite or limited jersey of Martin or David, it's not like I'll just buy a Freeman one because I can't wait for the one I want to become available. I'll wait. It just pisses me off that I have to wait so long.
: February 14, 2013, 09:24:49 AM JDouble

yvespo

Rookie

#29 : February 14, 2013, 12:05:33 PM

I made and bought a Carl Nicks elite jersey from nflshop and it was well worth it. Just like JDouble said the reebok jerseys were horrible with their fitting and sizing. Hopefully they make a David this year but if not i'll custom it again. Only complaint I have with the nike elite jerseys is the flywire collar, its too stiff.
: February 14, 2013, 12:23:08 PM yvespo
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Nike "Limited" Jersey question? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools