Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we put a tender on Blount? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 07, 2013, 11:34:00 AM

I think the one dimensional agrument has been over exaggerated like drafting a pass rusher will cure our defensive woes.
: February 07, 2013, 11:36:28 AM BucfanNC12

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 07, 2013, 01:35:26 PM

How has it been over-exaggerated? If Blount was picking up the pass blocking and catching, then why did he sit on the bench the entire year? I think it's pretty obvious that being one dimensional has been his demise, because he is certainly a hell of a runner.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 07, 2013, 02:43:35 PM

How has it been over-exaggerated? If Blount was picking up the pass blocking and catching, then why did he sit on the bench the entire year? I think it's pretty obvious that being one dimensional has been his demise, because he is certainly a hell of a runner.

Seriously how often have we seen it? I like Martin and think he should be the starter but he's blown pass blocking multiple times but fans only mention Blount. Also if a RB has to protect the QB,. the protection has already crumbled. I don't know why fans think running backs should block like TEs. Over the time he's been here is catching hasn't been an issue.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 07, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

Go watch camp. Blount drops everything thrown his way....and martin is outstanding in pass protection. No idea what you are talking about.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 07, 2013, 04:10:13 PM

Go watch camp. Blount drops everything thrown his way....and martin is outstanding in pass protection. No idea what you are talking about.

I'm talking about games, not camp.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 07, 2013, 04:35:34 PM

If you drop everything thrown at you and can't figure out pass protection in camp/practice.....you don't get the opportunity in a game. That is how it works.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 07, 2013, 05:40:44 PM

LOL at this thread.

Man oh man how things quickly change. I was the IDIOT boy last year because I KNEW Blount wasn't hot sh*t.

I like how JDouble is the only Blount supporter that actually show face. And me and him had heated arguments about this guy. The rest of the world, well of course, ya know goes off in the deep end. I could name drop but you all know who yall are.

And back to the topic, yeah we should, probably a late rounder though so there's a good possibility we end up with compensation. I don't think he is a good compliment back but definitely a wildcard guy in the backfield at the very last for another year.
: February 07, 2013, 05:42:46 PM Detrimental

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 07, 2013, 05:51:16 PM

I never denied or even acted like I wasn't a strong Blount supporter from the beginning of it all (his days in college). The fact that I had supported him, however, should in no way suggest that I think is still good.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 07, 2013, 07:30:55 PM

I still think he's a good runner....but in today's NFL that isn't enough. If you can't grasp the pass protection and you can't be a receiver....you don't have a lot of value no matter how good a runner you are. Blount is the prime example. I doubt we've heard the last of Blount though. I'd be willing to bet we'll see some more highlight runs by him in another uniform.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should we put a tender on Blount? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools